SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : ISAAC = Laughter ... Pr. 1:26 - Could there be a connection?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

ISAAC = Laughter ... Pr. 1:26 - Could there be a connection?

Seven years ago, KATRINA made a sickle shaped path across the map of the USA devastating what was known as "sin city". Many perished. How many turned at God's reproof? He has His way in the whirlwind. [Nahum 1:3]

We know that it is not God's will that any perish but that all come to repentance, yet when repentance is scorned, wisdom ends up laughing at the calamity and when "your destruction cometh as a whirlwind".

Pro 1:20 Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets:
Pro 1:21 She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying,
Pro 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
Pro 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
Pro 1:24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
Pro 1:25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
Pro 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
Pro 1:27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
Pro 1:28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
Pro 1:29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
Pro 1:30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
Pro 1:31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.

WHERE IS THE FEAR OF THE LORD IN THIS COUNTRY?

2012/8/26 23:47Profile
Elibeth

Re: ISAAC = Laughter ... Pr. 1:26 - Could there be a connection?

Lorddoitagain,

You asked: " Where is the fear"

I believe the word 'FEAR' like many other words in our vocabulary
have been distorted,..to not mean what they were originally meant....
Their diffinition.

elizabeth

2012/8/26 23:59Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Hmmmm ... well, here is the actual definition used in Proverbs 1:29:

H3374
יראה
yir'âh
yir-aw'
Feminine of H3373; fear (also used as infinitive); morally reverence: - X dreadful, X exceedingly, fear (-fulness).

Where is there a dreadful reverence for God in this country? It exists, but it is not very often found. Most people ... even "christians" don't really give a flip what God thinks about what they are doing ... at least that is what I see down here in Louisiana ... the target of KATRINA ... and possibly ISAAC.

In verse 27 the Hebrew word used is this one:

H6343
פּחד
pachad
pakh'-ad
From H6342; a (sudden) alarm (properly the object feared, by implication the feeling): - dread (-ful), fear, (thing) great [fear, -ly feared], terror.

Terror is what ends up happening when reverence for our Holy God is absent, and according to this passage, wisdom ends up laughing at the scene.

2012/8/27 0:18Profile
dottiejean

Pacific NW

Where is the Fear of God in this country?

The church-at-large has fallen away...apostasized herself...has gone whoring after other loves.

Presumption, arrogance and self-absorption make no room for the deep reverence He deserves. He said this would happen.

When He returns, will there be any faith at all on the earth? (Matthew 18:8)

Yes, but just a wee bit. But it will be pure. And it will be beautiful.

Yes, I think there is a connection between the name Isaac and the fact that Katrina hit exactly 7 years ago this very week.

LordDoItAgain: We hope you're gonna be OK in your location with this storm. We will pray!!!

2012/8/27 1:03Profile
Elibeth

Lorddoitagain,

When I read this,I did not even know the name of the storm is Isaac.

I really appreciate the enlightenment and the way you put this together.
I discussed this with my family at breakfast this morning.and Dottie
Reminding us that it had been seven years ago since Katrina.

We remember Katrina well where we live,we got the west side,many trees
down and much destruction all around us, for quite some time.

The Lord had much mercy.
And yes, where is the fear in this country ?

Be blessed,
elizabeth

2012/8/27 8:15Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Thanks, Elizabeth. I completely understand about not knowing that the name of the storm was Isaac. I don’t use TV and just catch a little internet news. It is best to be detached and mostly in tune to the Bible and the voice of God!

Thanks, Dottiejean. We live in the north part of Louisiana. During Katrina we were able to witness to many refugees. That could be the case this time. Naturally I wouldn’t like losing earthly possessions, but if disaster hitting my part of the state will make some soul stop and think about his need of God, and eventually repent, let it come! Eternal things are the ONLY important things. God’s will be done.

2012/8/27 8:37Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Dottiejean wrote: "The church-at-large has fallen away...apostasized herself...has gone whoring after other loves.

Presumption, arrogance and self-absorption make no room for the deep reverence He deserves. He said this would happen.

When He returns, will there be any faith at all on the earth? (Matthew 18:8)

Yes, but just a wee bit. But it will be pure. And it will be beautiful."

SO TRUE SO TRUE!!! Whatever it takes, I want Him to find faith in this earthen vessel when He returns.

2012/8/27 8:40Profile
dottiejean

Pacific NW

Re:

Hey LDIA,

Not too long ago, I was reading some old-time commentaries on Luke 18:8 (Will there be faith on the earth? Correction: not Matt. 18:8)....and was touched to the point of tears when I read the following comments:

"How few believers will be found on earth." (Wesley)

"The faith, even of the faithful, will have almost failed." (Trench)

"The Judge will be ready, but will the widow be there?" (Lamar)

Lord, have mercy on us!!! I feel so sad about the above quotes.

Sometimes my faith feels so weak...but I guess that can be a good place to be. If I were overly confident in a strong faith (deluding myself)....then surely there would be a fall. I cling to Him for a loving faith that keeps on keeping on no matter what we are called to face.

May the Lord protect your property and family and make you a blessing again should this storm turn out to be disasterous. Blessings......

2012/8/27 9:37Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

If Isaac becomes a hurricane and hits New Orleans, then
this will be the third hurricane to disrupt
"Southern Decadence."

This event is an annual affair in which over
100,000 homosexuals converge on the city
of New Orleans to engage in every form of
perversion, often times in public. The mayor
and elected officials of N.O. are willfully blind
to what is going on, because this event brings
in millions of dollars of revenue into the city.

Mike

2012/8/27 10:03Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

I’ve always tried to stay away from the New Orleans area, but I read and heard about "Southern Decadence" after Katrina. I even heard that a few of the defiant wicked people went out in the middle of all of the destruction and marched in celebration of the intense evils of that celebration.

Then, when God finished hammering out a merciful judgment package to “sin city”, the audacious revelers looked up and asked “how could a loving God do that”?

God is just in all that He allows to happen. Hang on, Brother Mike … I believe that you are closer to the red zone. May the Lord strengthen us all and use us in this time to declare God’s righteous judgments to the heathen that they may repent and come to know Him.

2012/8/27 10:57Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy