SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Corrie Ten Boom speaks about the Tribulation and the Rapture

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
elected

Tulsa OK

Corrie Ten Boom speaks about the Tribulation and the Rapture

I heard this message about Corrie Ten Boom on youtube talking about the tribulation the saints have to go through before the second comming of Jesus Christ. It really melted my heart, I hope you will hear it and be challenged by the truth of this message and encouraged to be bold for Jesus, as we all who are called and chosen need the spirit of boldness to witness of Jesus in this dying world.

Corrie tells of persecutions in china and africa and how the christians in china were not prepared when persecution came to them, because they were told, "Dont worry! before the tribilation comes you will be translated, raptured." Then came persecution to china and many believers were tortured to death.

This teaching of rapture before tribulation, not only is not found anywhere in the Bible but was not believed at all by church fathers and historical church till modern times. When this unbiblical invention was spread in the West through dispensational teachings of Darby and Scofield.

Throughout the NT persecution and tribulation was something believers expected to go through before they entered the kingdom of heaven. What was the norm then is the exception today, because we have been fed with the lie of a comfortable christianity that serves to our needs and to our selfish happiness.

The great falling away that is already happening but will be intensified before the appearance of the antichrist will caught by surprize many professing christians who were not prepared to withstand the deceiving spirits of deception and the fires of persecution.

Think of the effects of this false teaching that we shall escape tribulation will have on many people. When that day comes many christians will be caught by surprize and be unprepared when they have to go thru fiery trials but God in his mercy will help and strengthen those who put their trust in Him and are steadfast to the word of their testimony.

P.S Please hear this message by Corri Tem Boom (as read by someone else), it will encourage your heart.

Youtube - Corrie Ten Boom speaks about the Tribulation and the Rapture (Mirror)

http://youtu.be/5-IqRi6lvrM

- edited

2012/8/26 15:00Profile
proudpapa

Re: Corrie Ten Boom speaks about the Tribulation and the Rapture

they have the video Here on SI

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myvideo/photo.php?lid=3014

2012/8/26 15:05Profile
proudpapa

Re: Quote

Quote, There are some among us teaching that there will be no tribulation that the christians will be able to escape all of this, these are the false teachers that Jesus was warning us to expect in the latter days, most of them have little knowledge of what is already going on across the world

2012/8/26 15:14Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I think this type of knowledge is good for Christians from time to time. Whether you believe in a rapture or not it should serve as a reminded to not get caught up in the idea of the rapture and hold it as the future promise. For if you were to do so then you will end up taking your hearts eye off of what you should be focused on and instead you will find yourself pulling out of society and awaiting for an event that may never happen OR just pull you out of the Will of God because of your own selfishness. Just something to think about.

2012/8/26 16:41Profile
dottiejean

Pacific NW

Hey Redi....thnx for posting.

I grew up pre-trib, but after some serious study, I abandoned that popular heresy that has flooded the church and put Ch'tns to sleep.

It was a major eye-opener for me to read church history's commentator's explanation of the 1,260 days of tribulation: "A DAY EQUALS A YEAR" as explained in Ezekiel.

If I am understanding them correctly....then the obvious question is.....WHEN did the tribulation of 1,260 years actually begin? As Matthew Henry says...if we know when that 1,260 yrs. of tribulation started, then we will know when He will return.

It seems pretty obvious that the tribulation of the saints has been going on for centuries, wave after wave, such as the Inquisitions, etc.

Albert Barnes believed the 1,260 years began in 752 AD (when the pope took over "temporal power") and therefore ends in 2012.

Adam Clarke believed the 1,260 years began around 754 AD and ends in 2014.

Sir Isaac Newton also believed that 754 AD was the beginning of the pope's temporal power and that the 1,260 years would end in 2014-15.

Newton believed that we should add 49 yrs. to whenever Jerusalem would be taken back once again (which happened June 7, 1967). Doing that, we add 49 yrs. to 1967 and get 2016. He also believed 2016 is a Jubilee Year which is very fitting for His return. (He was a brilliant scientist, mathematician, astronomer...loved the Scriptures and studied Hebrew/Greek from age 12). So I believe him....I'm smiling :)

Yes, I have a problem with date-setters who have not done their homework and studied the Hebrew and the Greek as the old-time commentators did.

Funny thing is....Daniel 9:24-26 was God's way of telling His people WHEN His 1st coming would be so they could watch for it and be ready. Most of them didn't....and He let them know He was unhappy about it. These verses in Daniel 9 are a DOUBLE PROPHECY....they also tell when we are to expect His 2nd coming.

If the worst and greatest part of the tribulation is at the end (like birth pangs), then we are probably looking at it on the horizon right now. Global economic collapse and world war???

As you said, many Ch'tns will be caught by surprise and will fall away when they find they are STILL HERE and have lost everything in this worst and last wave of testing.

Blessings on you Redi and may we all be very happy to give it all up for His sweet sake and to walk by His side in Glory.

2012/9/1 23:54Profile
staff

Re:

hi all and god bless,unfotunately corrie didnt distinguish between tribulation and the great tribulation.calling christians "false teachers"on this issue is not helpful and could apply both ways which results in name calling.their are many good preachers on both sides of the debate who love the lord and walk in the spirit !yours staff

2012/9/2 7:55Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

Hi dottiejean,

Thanks for your reply. I know a little about the historicist view that you were trying to explain. Actually starting from the 4th century and up to Reformation, it was the pravailing view of the Church. Even from reformation up to 19th century it was the most popular view.

The 1820s and 1830s have been a significant watershed in the history of eschatology. It is important to note that the futurist interpretation of the book of Revelation was deviced from a Jesuit doctor of theology Francisco Ribera in 1590, to counter act the reformers accusations that the pope was antichrist.

Later on in 1811 another fururistic book was secretly published in Spain under the Jewish pseudonym of Rabbi Juan Josaphat ben-Ezra. Its author was a Jesuit priest from Chile Manuel de Lacunza y Díaz, who was expelled from South America to Spain and then Italy.

The book was written after an intensive study of early Church Fathers, of the Bible commentators that were available to him and of the Scriptures and also as a result of him being a priest in exile and intellectually persecuted.

In 1819 "the Spanish Inquisition ordered that the book be removed from circulation" and in 1824 "Pope Leo XII placed it on the Index of Prohibited Books."

Robert Irving who was a minister of the Church of Scotland read the book, translated it from Castilian language and the book was published in 1827 in London. Lacunza's "ideas had greater influence on British premillennialism, and his influence may be traced in premillennialism's drift into Futurist Dispensationalism."

Darby's eschatology was influenced by that of Irving who himself owned much to his interpretation of the book of revelation to the ideas of Lacunza. But the original architect of fururistic method of interpretation of the book of Revelation was the Jesuit priest of the 16th century Franscisco Ribera.

It was John Nelson Darby and the Plymouth Brethren who drifted from historical Premillennialism of the early church and systematized the dispensationalistic view, that became popular among evangelicals.

One may ask, what about the early Church Fathers of post-apostolic age, what were their eschatological views? According to the facts from the 2nd century St. Justin Martyn and St. Irenaeus were both Premillenialists who believed in the restoration of the kingdom of Izrael at the Second Coming of Jesus and in 1000 years of his reign on earth as King. This Chiliastic view was popular in the 2nd century.

It was Papias the bishop of Hierapolis, Phrygia (present day Turkey) to be the first post-biblical writer to describe the 1000 year visible kindgom of Christ. According to St.Irenaeus, Papias was "a hearer of John, and companion of Polycarp, a man of old time."

Even though Papias had some misunderstanding regarding the time of the Millennium reign of Christ. It was Justin Martyr and Irenaeus who chronologically placed the literal Millennium reign of Christ after the coming of Antichrist and the great tribulation. The influential church theologian Tertullian held also to the Chilistitic (Millenarian)view.

It should not be denied that during this time, there were other orthodox christians who thought differently, but the Chiliastic view was predominant among 2nd cent. Church Fathers.

The gradual shift from historic premillennialism to amillennialism started by the end of 2nd cent. and beginning od 3rd cent., with the early church theologian Clement of Alexadria and Origen. Clement was influenced by "Hellenistic philosophy to a greater extent than any other Christian thinker of his time, and in particular by Plato and the Stoics." He is considered to be the first christian writer to use the method of allegorical interpretation of Scriptures.

Origen who was his pupil developed more fully Clements ideas of allegorical interpretation. He was also much influenced by the writings of the hellenistic jewish philosopher Philo of Alexandria who used an allegorical method for the interpretation of the bible(OT). As a result of his allegorical method of interpretation Origen denied a literal 1000 years of the reign of Christ and gave Millenium a spiritual or figurative interpretation.

Later on St. Augustine of Hipo systematized the amillennialism view, which later on became the official position of the Roman Catholic Church during the middle ages. So from Apostolic Millennium came the historic Premillennium and due to allegorical interpretation
of Millenium, Amillennium had become a prevailing view in the 4th century.

Blessings,

Redi

- edited

2012/9/4 14:07Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

"Corrie tells of persecutions in china and africa and how the christians in china were not prepared when persecution came to them, because they were told, "Dont worry! before the tribilation comes you will be translated, raptured." Then came persecution to china and many believers were tortured to death."

If my memory serves me right we heard her say the same thing about Holland - we heard her speak in Memphis many years ago. She said when WW2 came upon them people were not prepared to cope with opposition, persecution because they thought they would be spared! As a result there was a great falling away.

Corrie ten Boom's testimony, writings have been a great blessing to me. She speaks from the position of having suffered a lot for the sake of Christ.

Blessings,

ginnyrose

2012/9/4 14:35Profile
staff

Re:

Hi all,
The bible clearly says that their will be tribulation in this life,however many Christians have passed into glory without suffering prison or torture.
Because Corrie ten boom has suffered is not the basis for biblical teaching,that is reserved only for the word of god.
The word of God does not say clearly that we will go through the "great tribulation" in fact is when asked Jesus gave the lot and noah examples which clearly show that the world is at relative peace and tranquility just before he comes.
Paul went through much suffering as did alot of early Christians but alot did not.
If Christians were preaching that before "tribulation comes we will be translated "this is wrong but if they were preaching that "they will be translated before the great tribulation "this may not be wrong.
The problem with Corrie Ten Boom is that she clearly understands what tribulation, persecution and suffering for Christ is about but doesnt seem to know what the "great tribulation" is about.
Please base your teaching on the word of god and not on someones writings no matter how great they are,Yours Staff

2012/9/4 19:44Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Staff wrote:

"Please base your teaching on the word of god and not on someones writings no matter how great they are,Yours Staff"

Would you please tell me how my response informs the reader I did this?

ginnyrose

2012/9/4 20:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy