SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Todd Akins comments

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
proudpapa

Todd Akins comments

I am decreasingly Political, But every were today I have seen Headlines about Todd Akin rape comments and how He should exit the race and about the crazy Christian Kirk Cameron suporting him.

I had to do a lot of digging to find the actual clip of what he said, and when I did WoW! It seems the intertainment news media is once again going a little over board.

What are your thoughts??

2012/8/21 23:02Profile
dottiejean

Pacific NW

Re: Todd Akins comments

My thoughts?

Honestly, I'm not impressed much with anything that comes out of our political system....or out of the "Christians" in Hollywood.

Seems that the average mind (in those 2 arenas) are basically twisted and without conscience....or at least completely lukewarm and ineffectual!

I hope I'm not being too harsh. Just seems that it's now extremely difficult to find real truth, clean living, and men and women of character in our capital and in Hollywood. I gave up long ago on both those worlds. :(

2012/8/25 16:36Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I praise God that there are few men that are Christians in leadership in politics that are speaking the truth. Our hope is not in politics, the Repbulican or Tea party. It is in God alone. But we need men in Washington that will stand for the truth, that will call abortion murder, homosexuality sin, and that will call this nation to repentance as Abraham Lincoln did. There is a balance that should be reached here. We are instructed to pray for all those in authority and that includes the ungodly rulers as well as the righteous. My prayer is that the Lord would change the hearts of those leaders that are ungodly, but if they persist in restisting the truth then that they would be removed from office. Having said that I know that only a heaven sent revival will save this nation from destruction, and that will only come through the repentance of the Chruch in this nation.

Mike

2012/8/25 17:35Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I praise God that there are few men that are Christians in leadership in politics that are speaking the truth.

Correction: I am not praising God for few men, but a few men that are speking the truth.

Mike

2012/8/25 17:38Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Todd Akins comments

I would not be as absolute in saying that rape never results in a pregnancy because it has, but it does not happen as often as the public thinks it does.

There are too many females who say they were raped to cover for a consensual act that they are too embarrassed to admit to. If you say you were raped people will feel sorry for you if you are pregnant. But if it be known that it was consensual there is the wrath of mom and/or dad to deal with. Unfortunately, there are men in prison because of consensual sex but some angry female decided to call it rape and into the slammer he goes! A sure ticket to the slammer is if the female is a minor and the male over eighteen years old.

Yes, moral purity saves people from a lot of heartache and grief.

2012/8/25 19:04Profile
dottiejean

Pacific NW

"I know that only a heaven sent revival will save this nation from destruction, and that will only come through the repentance of the Church in this nation."

YES !!!

And....I have wondered if we aren't "spinning our wheels" fighting the issues of abortion and homosexuality, etc. ....and if they serve only to side-track the church from our greatest need: Repentance.

Because we have not repented, the Lord no longer restrains as He once did, these terrible and heartbreaking sins. They have become judgments upon us.

If the church in North America could find it in her heart to "clean up" and cry out to God for a spirit of mourning ("Rend your hearts and not your garments, and return to the Lord your God" Joel 2:13)......then I think that God would step in and begin to restrain abortion and homosexuality once again.

We have done everything else except the very thing He wants us to do.

Just a thought....

2012/8/25 20:24Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
There are too many females who say they were raped to cover for a consensual act that they are too embarrassed to admit to. If you say you were raped people will feel sorry for you if you are pregnant. But if it be known that it was consensual there is the wrath of mom and/or dad to deal with. Unfortunately, there are men in prison because of consensual sex but some angry female decided to call it rape and into the slammer he goes! A sure ticket to the slammer is if the female is a minor and the male over eighteen years old.

Yes, moral purity saves people from a lot of heartache and grief.

Thank you for having the courage to say this! I have experienced this first hand. My first girlfriend (back when I wasn't living for God) had told me that the reason she wasn't a virgin was because her first boyfriend raped her (which ended up not being true at all). The reason she said this was because she knew I wouldn't date a non-virgin, and this way she was allowed to show herself as the innocent victim instead of promiscuous. It seems to be an increasingly common cover these days for immorality. Instead of being a partner and participant in the crime, many women can now appear as the victim to save their reputations.

This is not to demean atrocity of the action that really does happen to many women, but I've seen the very thing that Ginnyrose mentioned myself, and it's completely ridiculous that this is allowed to go unchecked.

2012/8/25 22:02Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy