SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Encouraging and HUMBLING thought

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Encouraging and HUMBLING thought

11/12/1997

Encouraging and HUMBLING thought? When a lawyer is reading the “last will and testament” of a person who has died, no one considers whether the person named in the will as the receiver of the riches is intelligent enough to receive the gift. Their clothing, job, personality, education... even their deeds, good or bad, do not make the inheritance at stake LEGALLY. A will is a LEGAL DOCUMENT. Our forgiveness and our future are LEGALLY granted as COVENANT BLESSINGS. A Gift, from the Last Will and Testament of the murdered Savior. And He’s RISEN to enforce His Will, for all who BELIEVE!!

“And they overcame satan BY THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB” (Rev. 12:11). Think of that. Reason that way as you are beaten down by fear of guilt, or tempted to give into satan’s wimpy attempts to tempt us. He is good. We are FREE! It’s a GIFT, granted in the Will of a murdered and risen Man.

Read this lovely thought shared with me and it made me think-Its not because I know the Bible, attend church, know the right doctrines, or said a one time prayer that I am saved and set free...its because HE who has given all, suffered, and was slain rose up and by HIS loving kindness gave me life!

God Bless
maryjane

2012/8/20 21:17Profile
dottiejean

Pacific NW

Re: Encouraging and HUMBLING thought

Maryjane....What a wonderful and powerful thought. What a debt we owe, huh?

"And He's risen to enforce His will." I love that.

May it's truth save us from ourselves.

Love in Christ our Lawyer....dottiejean

2012/8/21 4:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy