SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : An Alarm is sounding in the EAST! Can we hear?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: An Alarm is sounding in the EAST! Can we hear?

This may be of interest to you...

Yesterday my brother from CO called and he asked me if I am hearing anyone talk about a possible Armegeddon about to explode in the Middle-East? He said he has been reading the news a lot and as he recalls the old men years ago would talk about its possibility, so are you hearing anyone say anything like this now?

I said, "Oh, yes! People here on SI talk about it a lot, people in our church do as well!" He was pleased to have this affirmation, that he is not weird for perceiving that something serious is afoot.

This question comes from someone who is not really a serious student of prophecy and whose church believes in amillennialism. I find it amazing that when one who is alert he/she sees this coming.

God bless.

2012/8/15 17:57Profile
dottiejean

Pacific NW

Re: An Alarm is sounding in the EAST! Can we hear?

Sadly....I feel another World War is undoubtedly waiting in the wings for us all. Don't know if this particular Scripture could have double meaning and double fulfillment, but here it is:

Isaiah 7:8 states, ".....within 65 years Ephraim will be broken to pieces so that it will no longer be a people."

1948 plus 65 years is 2013.

If you count 65 years from 1947 when all the documentation for Israel was drawn up and signed....then 2012 could be the year for big trouble.

I hope I'm wrong.

If not...and we do experience a global war very soon, then it behooves all of us to "examine ourselves" and see to it that we truly have pushed thru that very small, camouflaged and narrow gate and are walking on the narrow path with a faith enough to please Him. Pulling away from the popular "Christian" masses ends up being quite lonely as Tozer put it...but it's what God requires of us...to be a peculiar people and set apart. His companionship is the sweet reward we get....right here right now.

"God, glorify Yourself at my expense."

2012/8/17 1:42Profile

Re:

"God, glorify Yourself at my expense."

I love that, Dottie. It reminds me of a verse that The LORD had given me 6 yrs ago this month ---

Psa 69:6 Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord GOD of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel.

Sis, your math may just be right or close enough. Hm,hm,hm.

Quoting you again: "If not...and we do experience a global war very soon, then it behooves all of us to "examine ourselves" and see to it that we truly have pushed thru that very small, camouflaged and narrow gate and are walking on the narrow path with a faith enough to please Him. Pulling away from the popular "Christian" masses ends up being quite lonely as Tozer put it... but it's what God requires of us... to be a peculiar people and set apart.
His companionship is the sweet reward we get.... right here right now."

2012/8/20 12:43
dottiejean

Pacific NW

Re:

Hey Sis JIG....good thoughts you shared.

I love that principle of double/triple fulfillments of any given prophecy.

The Easterner sees time in circles where certain things/events will repeat. The Western mind just sees time in a long straight line. Maybe that's why the Western church tends to forget the multiple fulfillment idea. Ecclesiastes carries an important secret: If you wanna know the future, then study the past...because it will repeat.

Regarding "The Plan" of taking out the 3 monotheistic religions, I find Revelation's symbol of The Whore riding the Beast to be pretty interesting. Apparently, there comes a day when the beast (bad government as a whole) gets sick and tired of the controlling whore (apostate religion as a whole)...tosses her to the ground and shreds her into pieces....kinda like Jezebel herself got tossed and shredded. I suspect that after they get WW3 that they want, true Christianity will no longer be tolerated.

Hopefully...that will be our finest day...when we are tested and found as solid as The Rock Himself. I've got lots more Faith to practice and avail myself of before that severe day of testing in N.A.

"Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him."

It will be a wonderful blessing that we all can "network" thru the Spirit and pray for one another as the testing increases...especially when the Internet goes down.

2012/8/20 18:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy