SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Words and Language: Landmines in a Lily field

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Words and Language: Landmines in a Lily field

Beloved Saints,

This short 8:00 min. video struck a chord in my heart. As a soul who has experienced the damaging devastation of hurtful words, my prayer is for the gift of encouragement to others.

This message reminded me of the necessity to pray for our Lord to mold and control the hearts from which our words are born. As, this site is a beacon of constant communication.

The revelation of the power which our Master has infused into words is what convicts me to rely on the Holy Spirit to control my heart and guide my tongue in all utterances, whether spoken or written. The easiest, yet worst persecution I can inflict is to hurt His beloved with my words and language. Such offenses and attacks are launched from the "kingdom of self" -

I hope that my words here are ALWAYS written in the spirit in Christ's love for you all. I will be quick to repent and apologize if it is otherwise.

Like the time I wrote to BrotherTom about my disdain over our disagreement regarding the impact of a fellow saint's life. Most of what I wrote in that post was driven out a passion to defend one brother at the expense of offending another. BrotherTom's response reminded me that it doesn't have to be that way. Our words transmitted from a transformed heart should bring life to those who are in Him. In this case it did not and it was up to me to repent.

If you have the time, this link below is well worth it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qQ3wKVXqBQ

Love-in-Christ,

KP

P.S. This is why I love you all "in Christ" because I don't know that it is possible to apart from him.

2012/8/15 12:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy