SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : New SI Feature: Find Fellowship Section

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
richrock

UK

Re:

I would dearly love to have a home church to go to. Many on this forum have been supportive, and feel that my current church is not high in temperature (much emotionalism and hype, organising into 'departments' now, etc rather than solid foundation in biblical doctrine)... I have to make do with the simple trust of Christ, and it has been my prayer to meet with like-minded Christ-centric Christians (many I know are all Holy Spirit this, and Holy Spirit that, an imbalanced view at best).

Would it be worth, although not part of the burden, to have a forum post or section for groups such as these where people can announce, locate and source home churches outside of the US?

2012/8/15 15:07Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Would it be worth, although not part of the burden, to have a forum post or section for groups such as these where people can announce, locate and source home churches outside of the US?

Dear Brother,

We will have to pray over this more. I do know there are many house church networks in the UK but I am again not sure of their spiritual state. All house churches start with the genesis of faith to believe God to direct you to at least 1-2 other sincere believers in your area and then cleave together weekly in a gathering together towards Jesus Christ.

2012/8/15 15:21Profile
learjet

Re:

Quote:
We will have to pray over this more. I do know there are many house church networks in the UK but I am again not sure of their spiritual state.

I had an awesome site built on this very premise, even asked some folks in here about it but ultimately never felt good about it because of this very issue.

How can we know the spiritual state of anyone unless we are in daily contact with them or know them as good friends? Would we recommend a church that we knew nothing about?

There is a piece of social networking software that works with Joomla that would do this task efficiently here (I had it installed and running, works great):

http://www.jomsocial.com/discover/social-network.html

Much grace!

2012/8/15 16:58Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Dear brother,

Great idea about a social network. At this point we are trying to keep it as simple as possible, sometimes a social network tool really is about pre-emince of wanting people to read my post, my ideas, my new article, etc.

What we want to do is connect brothers and sisters and to let them focus and be fruitful in their local areas. And network with like-minded believers locally at first. I will consider your idea prayerfully though.

I encourage anyone that is praying about being a part of this that is alone or just 2 people meeting to pray about committing to meet weekly or more for like-minded fellowship, that is a "house church" in its genesis (beginning).

2012/8/15 19:29Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Neat idea. But, um, aren't there already a lot of sites out there that already do stuff like this? Such as:

http://www.housechurch.org/registry/index.html

What's the point of doing one on SI? I'm confused?

2012/8/15 19:46Profile

Re: A NEW thing!!!

housechurch.org apears to be more of a "registry", whereas (God willing) this will be more of a movement:) That's the main difference I see as I read and get to know brother Greg.

I truly believe that the "Gospel Felloship" network is God birthed and will grow and be a powerful Kingdom force as brothers and sisters of kindred spirit link shoulders. I believe that being part of a house church movement, means that we have to have a whole lot more in common with each other the mere fact that we "we meet in homes" Christ must be central, Christ and His call on our lives must be our focus. There is little to no passion in the house church "streams" that I have been a part of to actually preach the unadulterated gospel and to make disciples.

There is nothing wrong with other house church networks, movements etc, but brother Greg and others have seen a NEED for a NEW THING to rise up.

2012/8/15 20:06
learjet

Re:

Quote:
Great idea about a social network. At this point we are trying to keep it as simple as possible, sometimes a social network tool really is about pre-emince of wanting people to read my post, my ideas, my new article, etc.

What we want to do is connect brothers and sisters and to let them focus and be fruitful in their local areas. And network with like-minded believers locally at first. I will consider your idea prayerfully though.

Hi Greg,

The software is incredibly simple to use and it's practically made for this purpose. Managing little groups of users (gatherings).

Basically a person is setup as a master administrator and they can administer all of the 'groups' on the site.

Let's say someone from Chicago wanted to add their group.

The flow of operations would look like this:

- Person contacts you about adding their group to the network
- Group is setup by master administrator (about 30 seconds worth of work). From here you can assign an administrator for the new group and give him the permissions necessary to administer his little group.

- DONE- the new Chicago group has a little homepage for their gathering where they can communicate with one another.

These groups can be public OR hidden very easily.

My reasoning behind the idea was "where can I find a local gathering?" There could be a group meeting 3 blocks from my house and I would not know that they were there.

Let's say I'm going to Toronto on a business trip for a few weeks. With a resource like this I could easily find a group of believers in the area. From there I would be able to logon to their social page, get to know them before I got there and find out what is happening while I'm in town.

This gives local people a plethora of tools to use to communicate, share, encourage one another, and grow their little groups.

2012/8/15 20:17Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Dear Brother,

We are using right now this map technology to list brothers and fellowships that agree with the statement of faith and burden with the booklet: http://housechurchesalabama.blogspot.ca/p/find-fellowship.html

I believe this is important because it ensures there is "common faith" and the quality of the meetings. Also we are basing this more on personal relationships to ensure brothers and sisters can get to know each other.

2012/8/15 20:51Profile

Re: New SI Feature: Find Fellowship Section

Greg,
I have been praying about starting up a regular "meeting," for many months. I spoke to my Pastor and an elder about some of the details.

I would like to ask your opinion on a few things via email - do you have a work email I could contact you at?

2012/8/15 21:01
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I would like to ask your opinion on a few things via email - do you have a work email I could contact you at?

Dear brother, it might be easiest to connect via phone. I just send you a personal email.

2012/8/15 21:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy