SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Coming Persecution...and turning the other cheek

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Like loving authority figures

MaryJane,

This thread hit home for me the other day when I was almost hit in the face by a "friend" who does not agree with submitting to authority in the workplace.

Yet, she is a Christian. My "friend" has bought into this culture of vengeance. Esp. against difficult authority figures. The proletariat have dreadfully remixed the encounter between "David and Goliath" as an excuse for the "little guy" to get back at the "big guy". This was not at all the theme of this battle. Not at all!

Vengeance is such a "knee-jerk" reaction, but it can't be, anymore. What I fear most for the church is the way we take vengeance into our own hands.

Love-in-Christ,

KP

2012/8/13 12:03Profile

Re: Coming Persecution...and turning the other cheek

Dearest MaryJane,
The interesting conundrum about preparing for persecution is that you don't know how to until it is upon you. I discern that you have a true spirit, and have every confidence that you will make it, so refuse to listen to the doubts fed to you by the enemy.

I was, and am, a God fearing, dedicated, spirit filled Christian, but in the past I some how equated those qualities to being untouchable. I lived a wealthy life style and had prominent standing in the community, volunteering in all the kids's schools, ministering successfully in the church. Then God took up his option on me, he decided to prepare me for the days to come so that I could stand along side others who have yet to experience it. My husband backslid (while still in church) and tormented and abused me night and day, he spread rumors throughout the community about me, he tried to poison my children against me, he and his girlfriend tried to find someone to kill me, and he killed my son - a pain I will carry with me forever. I was in court for 10 years, I had to listen to lies and testimony that was not true. Of course, the truth won out - but dear Mary Jane, after all the years, it didn't matter any more. I sent the documentation about my sons death to several authorities, who did nothing. My fortune was stolen from me, as the judge wouldn't allow me to place a conservator in our business. And the above is only some of the persecution and slander I endured, but I lost most of my friends because my "wounds" were to messy.

I live a paupers life, and am now closer to the Lord than I ever was. Yes, you will be able to forgive them, in time. I'll tell you how: The Lord allowed these things to happen, for good, and for his glory. If you focus on the enemy (which seems common in these posts), you can't forgive, but remember, the enemy isn't in charge - God is! He allows these things to happen. Yes, at first you're upset with God, because why doesn't he allow this to happen to your peers? Why can't they see what is happening. After time, when you receive the ultimate gift of truly being able to say, "Not my will but thine be done," you will see it as a glorious blessing and forgiveness comes easier.

This is how you pray for those who are puppets for the enemy: Lord, they are hollow vessels which the enemy has free access to, I pray that you'll protect me from their evil, and open their eyes. If they choose another way, Lord, I pray that you'll work it for good in my life. Remember, vengeance is the Lord's, and every one of the judges, counselors, lawyers and "friends" who supported the death of my son, will be accountable for the shovel full of dirt they placed on his grave. You forgive because you know that God has commanded it, but He never forgets a thing and will avenge, and it frees you from bitterness. You place your trust in Him,

You can surely pray for love for them, I didn't have it back then, and I am currently praying that God puts a love in my heart for everyone. I barely had enough strength for the day. But loving your enemies, and calling a spade a spade are two different things. Remember when Jesus called the Pharisees a "brood of vipers." My current ministry seems to be for the weaker Christians, not the unsaved - but the enemy can work through both.

The best way to prepare for the persecution is to be faithful in much prayer, reading your Bible, and hearing from God. Sounds like you're doing the right thing.

Blessings

2012/8/13 12:30
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Coming Persecution...and turning the other cheek

Inspiring post, Mary Jane...

I have often thought that the trials, tests we experience now are given to us to force us to learn to rely on the LORD Jesus. This is a powerful lesson that takes some severe chastisements at times because we are stubborn, we like our securities so we will fight whatever will work to secure their stability.

I am also convinced persecution will come from those closest to us, those we trust and have confidence in. This will take the trial of endurance to a level we do not want to go.

The promise of heaven enhances our hope because it takes our focus off of what is now to something far beyond our imagination. Once we get there we will think how silly our worries were - if one can do that, i.e.

All this is possible when we are yoked together with Him!

God bless.

2012/8/13 15:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy