SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : TRUE CHRISTIANITY

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

TRUE CHRISTIANITY

TRUE CHRISTIANITY--Faith, Abandonment into Jesus IS ONLY DIFFICULT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET DISCOVERED they can only have one, or the other, not both--the world, or Jesus.

This was shared with me a few days ago. I have prayed about it and my own attitude of heart. GOD is showing me some things and just recently has been using very surprising ways to my open eyes to what HE wants me to see.

Just thought I would share.
God bless
mj

2012/8/8 17:41Profile

Re: TRUE CHRISTIANITY

He will be Lord of all of your life or Lord of none of it..........bro Frank

2012/8/8 19:10
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

You can have Jesus-- but it will cost you the world, or you can have the world-- but it will cost you Jesus.

2012/8/8 21:27Profile
MaryJane

Re: TRUE CHRISTIANITY

I think why this has really stayed with me these past few days is because GOD has used it to open my eyes to some things, areas of my heart and life that I did not fully see before. Having the world, what does that mean? It could mean many different things for different people...but I think it really comes down to anything that we value, hold on to, or give place to above JESUS is holding on to the world. SO for example if I place a greater value on receiving the love of my family above living for CHRIST then I have not abandoned myself into JESUS and I am still attempting to hold on to the world...

These few words are very challenging and thought provoking, at least for me they have been.

God Bless
maryjane

2012/8/8 23:17Profile

Re:

Hi MJ, Jesus really speaks plainly when He states.......

Luk 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Of course he goes on to give a couple of examples of what happens to those who come to Christianity with cheap grace, they will not be able to fininsh the race, finish what they themselves started, one must count the cost prior to salvation and the giving over of one's complete life must take place. How God goes about taking what was given to Him is obviously His business and sanctification comes into play........... bro Frank

2012/8/9 1:02
jimp

Re:

hi, so true christianity as being miserable, hating your parents, merose, beat up, sad,busy trying to be sanctified. you all go ahead i am going to rest in the joy of my salvation and the finished work of Jesus and the easy,sleazy grace that He has provided for me. Who would want to serve a God that makes people so miserable?jimp

2012/8/9 2:52Profile

Re: i am going to rest in the joy of my salvation

True Christianity is really just embracing, walking in, enjoying and participating in Christ's Life daily in our union with Him. Now all of this is just the result of what God in Christ has already accomplished for us and in us.

2012/8/9 6:07
MaryJane

Re:

by appolus on 2012/8/8 19:02:09

Hi MJ, Jesus really speaks plainly when He states.......

Luk 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Of course he goes on to give a couple of examples of what happens to those who come to Christianity with cheap grace, they will not be able to fininsh the race, finish what they themselves started, one must count the cost prior to salvation and the giving over of one's complete life must take place. How God goes about taking what was given to Him is obviously His business and sanctification comes into play........... bro Frank

Frank I am learning these things and there deeper meaning. Yesterday I had a very long but encouraging chat with my nineteen year old son. We have not shared like that with one another for a long time. I had thought much of his heart was hardened to the things of GODS KINGDOM but learned there was still some very soft areas there. Still it is difficult as a mom at times to love the LORD and trust but I see my difficulty is coming from holding attachments to the things of this world as well and cling to JESUS. My surprise yesterday was hearing and learning how much my son understood this too :)

Thank you for you for sharing with me
God bless
mj

2012/8/9 7:36Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by jimp on 2012/8/8 20:52:33

hi, so true christianity as being miserable, hating your parents, merose, beat up, sad,busy trying to be sanctified. you all go ahead i am going to rest in the joy of my salvation and the finished work of Jesus and the easy,sleazy grace that He has provided for me. Who would want to serve a God that makes people so miserable?jimp

Greetings jimp :)

After reading your post this morning I felt the need to spend some time in prayer. I just wanted to say in CHRIST I love you and I pray for you, if you feel so led to please pray for me. I just also wanted to share with you, I am not miserable... I am learning from the LORD to walk closer to HIM and not hold on to the things of this world. Sometimes these lessons in my life can be painful, but as I see the love and care HE has for me and why HE is teaching and growing me in the areas HE is I give thanks. I don't want there to be self in my life, just a love and desire to know and walk with HIM. Its funny because I find the more I go through these times of learning, the more of self that I lay down at the cross the more in my life I find real joy and peace.

I pray you are blessed today.
God bless
mj

2012/8/9 7:46Profile
jimp

Re:

thank you mary jane, the entrance into Christ is the door of my death. when romans said we are buried with Him it isn't talking about getting wet. altars are places of sacrifice. places of death so that zoe life can spriong forth with all its joy and love and peace.Jesus came that we might hzve life and that life ,more abundantly.we are to reckon ourself dead daily so that we can choose this day who we will serve.serving the Lord is joy unspeakable and makes us better sons and fathers and husbands and brethren. as we walk in the Spirit, He will guide our lives into exciting areas of adventure where miracles are happening.knowing that Jesus loves you personnally and knows you and cares about you brings further joy. knowing that my faith is not in myself(a failure for sure);but in Jesus who has already conquered sin, death and satan brings further joy. therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation and in that day shall you say "praise the Lord". joy is the bucket you use to get life out of death.jimp

2012/8/9 10:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy