SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : PRAY FOR DELUDED BROTHER

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

PRAY FOR DELUDED BROTHER

2 Thessalonians 3:6-15 6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. 7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you; 8 Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you: 9 Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us. 10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. 11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. 12 Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread. 13 But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing. 14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

The forum setting is sometimes awkward because it is difficult to discern a brother’s “walk” here. In this context (the forum) we have to go by the posts and the reactions to the post by certain brothers for this is the heartbeat of all discussions. Now I must say that no one here is perfect but there is one among us against whom I must now testify. He has assumed the alias “Bubbuguy”. I have not had any confrontations with him but I can no longer forbear. I write this with a great sadness. This is my case. I have not been edified by a single one of his (Bubbuguy) posts. In fact I if I had to give a few adjectives I may say I was, saddened, upset, moved with indignation, shocked, baffled and sometimes discouraged but never edified.

Matthew 18:15-20 15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

The question you may ask is, “why have you not said anything?” Well quite frankly I believe, the Sermonidex fathers have presented my case very effectively and diligently and patiently. There was no need for me to say anything. Most of us well know what the situation with him is and how he feels and so again there was no need to take it to the church (Sermonidex community).

Be amazed and astonished my brothers! This is Sermonidex. How many anointed preachers are on this site, some of the most amazing articles and compilations and yet he is totally unaffected by the dazzling light. He must be blind! We ought therefore to cease striving to shine more light for it is futile. What good is light to a blind man? We ought to pray very diligently that the God of glory would have mercy, grant him a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, and give him spiritual sight, which he lacks.

I ask with all earnestness what else can we say to him? He seems just as adamant now as he was when he first arrived. He is arrogant because he indirectly declares that the entire Christian world is somehow deluded and he is the only one with any sense. He is obsessed because he is too self-centered; he cannot stand the idea that any other mortal man had a better relationship and understanding of God than he. He lacks faith and has no concept of even the most basic fundamentals of Christ. He is stiff-necked (stubborn) and refuses to take council. Much of what he says is fleshly and meaningless. He actually does not realize that he is not a Christian. He has made God in his own image as he sees fit and he wishes everyone to conform to this self styled image of his. He is dangerous; those who are weak in the faith will find him a challenging hurdle. He acts of his own accord and is not lead by the Spirit. He has simply contaminated many posts with his nonsense, and wasted the time of many.

1 Corinthians 12:26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

This man has simply dragged us down to his level. Many who have engaged him have simply been pushed into the flesh. His post are detrimental and of not spiritual value in the sight of God and the brethren.

1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

He is a natural man who values man’s wisdom over God’s wisdom and he cannot receive anything we say. That is really it in a nutshell. This is my case. I put to you as what should be done or said. I have tried not to be too harsh but unfortunately there is no nice way of saying some things. Please consider carefully how and if you reply to this post. I am not trying to stir a stoning of this poor misguided man but I want to encourage prayer and practical suggestions as to what should be done. To me, this man walks disorderly, whether it is intentional or not I cannot tell but is quite a hindrance to wholesome discussion.

In Christ

James

2005/2/19 7:07Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: PRAY FOR DELUDED BROTHER

Dear James,

Thank you brother.
It has been indeed a long leash, a long past history and even a intermission of some time before 'Jake' left and returned now, as "Bubbaguy"

This has presented a challenge, more so now as we speak to you openly or more correctly as James has now done here. It is both to you and to the community here. Don't see anything wrong with being challenged in our thinking and maybe that is all that is meant here. In your defense it has caused me to reflect on things that we observe and if I am not mistaken it seems the difference is in by which measuring apparatus we use. One being a 'proving' by means of things observed, seen, felt and judging that [i]against[/i] Gods word, 'our' reality, does it 'prove' the God of the bible through the ones He choose to take down His notes. The other that we [i]submit[/i] all things to what God has said to the best of our understanding including that which is beyond our understanding, that we will never understand, that this is all that we have to test anything with. It seems to boil down to a question of Authority.

I am of the opinion that because I neither caused my own birth nor can stop my own death, that though I would like an answer to every question under the sun, that though God came and walked on the face of this earth in human form as absurd as that might be to my fallible mind and more so that He was crucified, died and rose again, incredible, outlandish, ridiculous, that this is not only true but I am asked to believe it and believe He did this to reconcile an ungrateful, rebellious evil heart and my own conscious bears it out upon that confrontation, that all this is beyond me, beyond my control, beyond my reach to grasp in it's entirety, beyond any of my own human ability to warrant it, deserve it or work to accomplish it, I can only humbly submit under and to Him. My own thoughts be damned, until they agree with the Lords. To that end I strive.

Being in this precarious 'position' as it were leaves it open to a response. What say ye to these things?

There has been a brain debate for quite some time and am tempted to say has anything out of all of this exchange caused you to change your mind. But would prefer to ask, has any of this changed your heart? That is both to you and to those who have been engaged with you in these discussions.

It seems to be one long stalemate without any outcome anticipated or maybe expected? Have stayed out of it primarily out of lack of intelligence. You are no uneducated fool as I, that 'head full of rocks' am. ;-)

Am very much appreciative of the way this has been put forth by our brother here. If we are to be as we say, then none of this should be misconstrued as ill-willed. Many of us do wear our hearts on their sleeves, many do not. Non-the less, in the Lords sight nothing is hidden.

I do pray that we would all pray about this, none of it is with ease or without heart churning.
Personally?,.... hope.
Still holding to that. In past times when things begun to get heated and discussion revolved around what to do I will now say openly what I still hold to be true. That with the God given brain power and intellect that you, 'Jake' have you could be used of the Lord to do great things. I could visualize you going toe to toe with atheists, those caught up in cults, professors, intellectuals. But if that was all that would come of it, winning an argument, then all is lost and futile. If, on the other hand by those means it brought forth a heart change, a true encounter with the Lord and a revelation of the sin in a human heart, repentance and a turning to Jesus to save us from ourselves...

Cannot see anyway this can happen though if there is a refusal to humble ourselves under the word of God in it's completeness. I don't think anyone is interested in putting anyone into a box here, if anything the effort isn't to agree with us but to agree with God. If we cannot get to that point then everything is a waste of time and energy. I just hope there isn't any premature stiffling of the Holy Spirit's work that may be happening, I fear that. You do keep coming back here for some reason... I pray you can as much read between the lines of all this, I am still not very good at giving proper expression in words.

May it be considered to contemplate on this below, all of us. It is with every fabric of my being that I believe and pray to be true in every single heart. It is timeless and the repeated words emphasize the thought, "Teach me true understanding" "[i]Thy word, commandments, precepts, testimonies, judgments...[/i]"

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4617&post_id=31685&order=0&viewmode=thread&pid=0&forum=36#31685]Psalm 119[/url]

2005/2/19 10:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy