SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : BrotherTom Zechariah 3: 1-5

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Gotts get em' brains aLL WASHED OUT! AMEN?!

"I am persuaded, that as God may have washed your hearts, He will wash your brains before you enter Heaven" ...Spurgeon posted by IssacharSon

I love the Apostle Paul's almost incessant self-depreciative tenor; He just doesn't give himself a break. Why? because he knows how deceitful he can be to himself, and lie about himself to himself.

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

" I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings."

You realize that we can be proud, very proud about humble we are, or how devoted to God that we are, can't we. I find myself sometimes very proud about how "deep" I am, or insightful, or eloquent of a communicator I am. We can be very proud about Revelation then, can't we; when God Himself speaks to you audibly? You are really something then, aren't you.

This is sin, and an evil thing, but it always approaches me very benign, and assures me it is the right way to think. Only in worship, and humbling confession to God to I see it, and vomit it back up, and beg for it's stench to depart me; covered by the Blood.

He [ Paul the Apostle ] may have been the wisest man alive in his day, and certainly equal with the great intellects of his day. Pride roots itself in man's way, and the chief of sinners here may be the intellect.

To suppose that I am smarter than you, and more wise, and deeper, is to suppose that I am superior to you, which inevitably leads to suppose that you are inferior, and need to be belittled, or just disposed of, because you deserve it.

This is the nature of Pride itself, and the creation of, and the product of it, all in unison; at the same time.

This is the event that stemmed from a will, that produced a thought! I am more beautiful than He! I am the more worthy one than He! It is I who deserve worship and power! Not He!...and the thought spread to ME TOO! and the rebel army was formed, and the war in Heaven began......all from one little thought; an idea.

I am conscripted to this dark army. This soldier of the rebellion is alive and alert, a millisecond in distance, waiting to arise bright eyed and bushy tailed, right here, in this mind, to proclaim and act out the very same Luciferic intentions, on anyone I want to.

This one must be slain, and always, I often fail to slay him, and regrettably wound those I am closest to, and my body, the church.

So, I.S., I am not wise or high in authority, except in the sense when Jesus might shine through, but thank you for the compliment anyway. I am a failure. Jesus never fails.

An ending thought; How would you like to spend an eternity trapped in your carnal intellect and think it through all on your own? This is what multitudes in Hell are doing as you read, and I type.

Awful suffering; forever. If we do not receive a resurrected Mind, washed from pride and the lusts of the mind, we would be the most miserable people in Heaven, and Heaven would not be Heaven at all; Would it? I have a law in my mind, and that dark soldier, the law of sin, wants it.............................

But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

"O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.'

I know who I am. You may call me wretch, or the least, or great and wise or Tom; but inside, I know I am just a constant failure loser who is constantly forgiven and shown mercy.

My favorite/mostest scripture of all time is:

"For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.”

So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.! ................

Also:........The Jews therefore quarreled among themselves, saying, “How can this Man give us His flesh to eat?”

" Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.

" Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

55 For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him."

I live on mercy....all the time. Can anyone say they are anything? in light of what we are and were delivered from? I am redeemed, and fight my pride with diligence, as I think I got a double portion of it from the get-go.

PS: I love the auto-biography of Spurgeon, and have been blessed with many of his more inspirational sermons and pamphlets. He was a saved man.

2012/8/12 15:19
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Re: Gotts get em' brains aLL WASHED OUT! AMEN?!

BrotherTom wrote:

"An ending thought; How would you like to spend an eternity trapped in your carnal intellect and think it through all on your own? This is what multitudes in Hell are doing as you read, and I type."

Ah me...now that is pain!!! This ought to be posted in the thread on "Hell".

Yes, BrotherTom you have very accurately described what Hell would be to me. Ouch! No poke of the pitchfork can amount to the unbearable sharpness of your own thoughtlife.

This is the worst thing that can happen to a man. Absolutely.

It's like last week as I studied Jabez's prayer
(I Chron. 4:9-10). His name means "pain" and that is exactly what he asked God to protect him from. His prayer sounds a bit like:

"Lord God, my name is Jabez. Please keep me from
"Jabez-ing" myself."

He gets it! And God answered his prayer. I know that he will answer mine, too.

Love-in-Christ,

KP

2012/8/12 17:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy