Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Chick-Fil-A

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Chick-Fil-A

If Christians would've waited on God in prayer today for as long as they waited in line for a chicken sandwich, America might have seen a revival tomorrow. Instead we just got fat.

2012/8/1 18:56Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Chick-Fil-A

Quote:
If Christians would've waited on God in prayer today for as long as they waited in line for a chicken sandwich, America might have seen a revival tomorrow. Instead we just got fat.

Ha. There is a truth to that! Or if all that money was given to missions i.e. $50 million+

2012/8/1 18:59Profile
dvndsn

Kentucky

Great word brother, thank you.

2012/8/1 20:38Profile

Re:

Today was about your Freedom of Speech &
freedom to voice your Religious Convictions.

The nationwide turn out was probably one of the most
remarkable events that we've seen in a very long time.

I appreciate every one that stood outside for an hour
or more in a line around this country for my freedom
to voice my own religious convictions and despite the
threats of them being disallowed to have a business
in certain cities by some anti-free-speech Mayors.

2012/8/1 22:13
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I do want to agree with the sister also that even on my Facebook pages I did applaud and put out a link to the Chick Fil-A Appreciation day. If I was in America near one I would have had a sandwich also.

But the fact is the church now needs to be more active in purely spiritual events and not just events that have political statements.

But I am glad for the success and vocal support for biblical standards.

2012/8/1 22:18Profile
RighteousNew

Sad, that a chicken shop takes more of a moral stand than 95% of the churches in this land.

Pulpits in this land do not cry righteousness.

2012/8/1 23:35Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Too funny! And an interesting point. Chick-Fil-A could have staged a Pray-In instead, or along with it's food, but then how many people would have shown up. I wonder.

QUOTE: "But the fact is the church now needs to be more active in purely spiritual events and not just events that have political statements."==GREG

Well said.

QUOTE: "I appreciate every one that stood outside for an hour or more in a line around this country for my freedom
to voice my own religious convictions and despite the
threats..."==JIG

Agreed! Amen to that.

QUOTE: "Sad, that a chicken shop takes more of a moral stand than 95% of the churches in this land."==RIGHTEOUSNEW

Yes. But that is because the individual churches have not been attacked yet. Just wait til they are. Then you will hear their outcry. Now they sleep.

2012/8/2 3:06Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I am wondering why some can't just enjoy the moment when certain people come together to show support for a cause. Kind of like a silent witness. We spent too much time arguing over nonsense, it is nice to see people come together like this, wait in LONG lines and not one incident of fighting amongst the whole thing even with protestors. Doesn't that say something or is it not religious enough?

2012/8/2 7:17Profile
mama27

Re:

It took my family TWO HOURS to get lunch at the Chick-Fil-A nearest our home - this is suburban CHICAGO, where Mayor Rahm Emanuel said the city doesn't hold the values of Chick-Fil-A!! This is a VERY liberal place to live....I was shocked to see such turnout. And the same was true at the dinner hour - numerous police cars just directing people to the right line in their cars - no such thing as fast drive-through service.

I know this is political and not spiritual, but the gay agenda is so forceful and in your face that they make people think they are the majority. To see this many people turn out and take TIME out of their day was heartening to me. It would have been easier for people to just be quiet and watch on tv to see if anyone showed up.

And am I correct in that it was Mike Huckabee who spear-headed this thing? A Baptist pastor....

2012/8/2 8:18Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

To me this Chick-Fil-a thing has just further showed to me the hypocrisy of those that oppose Christianity. Seriously I have never seen such intorance towards someones personal opinion/conviction on something. But when liberals stand up for their convictions its their God given right to do so.

2012/8/2 8:37Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy