SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Burning Man event(need prayer)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Burning Man event(need prayer)

I found out that some of the families in the home school group where I use to live are taking their children on a field trip this September to and event called The Burning Man festival in black Rock city Nevada.The purpose is to expose them to different ideas, philosophy, and art. This event is filled with all sorts of stuff that is not suitable for children. Anyway if you feel led please pray for these children they will be exposed to much that is just evil and wicked...

God bless
maryjane

2012/8/1 10:05Profile
Anamosa41

Georgia, USA

Re: Burning Man event(need prayer)

This is awful! I will certainly be praying. That event is clearly not something those children need to be exposed to. One of the main problems the youth are facing today stems from this. They are shown many beliefs and taught several doctrines without a line being drawn between what is right and what is wrong.

2012/8/1 12:52Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I found out that some of the families in the home school group where I use to live are taking their children on a field trip this September to and event called The Burning Man festival in black Rock city Nevada.The purpose is to expose them to different ideas, philosophy, and art. This event is filled with all sorts of stuff that is not suitable for children. Anyway if you feel led please pray for these children they will be exposed to much that is just evil and wicked...

This is a very wicked event, pray for all involved that they may come to salvation in Jesus Christ.

2012/8/1 13:03Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: Burning Man event(need prayer)

This is one of those topics that causes me to ask Christians What kind of world is it they are living in? I think too many Christians shelter their kids too much and then when they are on their own they can't handle it because they have not be exposed to certain things in life. I had a friend who did this to her daughters,guess what? 2 of her daughters got pregnant as a result. When we keep Christians out of a culture and keep them shelter they will eventually go astray as a result. It is like the cow in a pen, he is going to reach through the fence to get that grass because it is out of his territory.

I am familiar with the Burning Man festival. A responsible parent, taking their kid there would go there for the enjoyment of the whole thing. They would go there to be exposed to the culture and use it as a teaching experience so that the kids are exposed to the 'other side of life' if you will. Young kids, it wouldn't be a good idea unless they are smarter than their britches, lol.

2012/8/1 16:06Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by DEADn on 2012/8/1 10:06:23

This is one of those topics that causes me to ask Christians What kind of world is it they are living in? I think too many Christians shelter their kids too much and then when they are on their own they can't handle it because they have not be exposed to certain things in life. I had a friend who did this to her daughters,guess what? 2 of her daughters got pregnant as a result. When we keep Christians out of a culture and keep them shelter they will eventually go astray as a result. It is like the cow in a pen, he is going to reach through the fence to get that grass because it is out of his territory.

I am familiar with the Burning Man festival. A responsible parent, taking their kid there would go there for the enjoyment of the whole thing. They would go there to be exposed to the culture and use it as a teaching experience so that the kids are exposed to the 'other side of life' if you will. Young kids, it wouldn't be a good idea unless they are smarter than their britches, lol.

Knowing what I know, I completely disagree with all that you said. I won't debate about it though. I just simply was asking for prayer for these children from those who felt lead.

God Bless
maryjane

2012/8/1 17:04Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

MaryJane

I understand and agree about prayer in regards to the Burning Man festival. I just get annoyed sometimes when some families want to shield their kids from certain things. It is like keeping them from getting sick when you know they need to get sick to build up the antibodies.

I will say no more about it.

Take care and Godspeed to you......

John

2012/8/1 18:31Profile

Re:

I definitely would shield my child from this.

John, you can read these 2 pages and click on all of the links within this article and see what you think.

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/tips-surviving-burning-man-festival/story?id=14414943

With you in prayer, MaryJane.

2012/8/1 18:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy