SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Amazing Grace

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FranklinB

Amazing Grace

God's grace is amazing. All that Jesus did through his death, burial, and resurrection was for your benefit. All that he did was for you to have access to the grace of God. God has extended his grace to you and it's up to you to receive it by faith. Romans 5:1,2 says we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ and by him also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand. It's in your hands to receive the grace of God by faith. Romans 4:16 says, "Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace", you see God has already provided you with his grace, but you can only access it by faith. God has already provided all your needs. He has already "given you all things that pertain unto life and godliness" (2Peter 1:3). God has already "blessed you with all spiritual blessings" (Ephesians 1:3). God has already "delivered you from the kingdom of darkness" (Colossians 1:13). Notice all of those things are in the past tense. Things may not appear to be that way, but God knows what was accomplished through our Lord Jesus and we need to know. Because the more knowledge you have of God's grace the more it is multiplied to you (2Peter 1:2).

Just as people have a physical bank account, you have a spiritual account. And the moment you became a member of the house of God(Ephesians 2:19) all of God's grace was put into your account, The scripture says, all things are yours and you are Christ's and Christ is God's (1Corinthians 3:21-23). Remember in the parable of the prodigal son in Luke 15 when the prodigal son returned and the father had a party for him and the other son came and heard the noise and asked what was happening and they told him that his brother has come home and his father came out and asked him to come in and he answered his father all these years I have served thee and you would not even give me a kid that I might have a party with my friends and the father answered, "Son thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." Notice the father already considered it his, but as long as he waited for the father to give him what was already his he went without. And a lot of times people are waiting for God to give what He already said is theirs.

Do you remember Jesus said, "I am come that they might have life, and have it more abundantly" (John 10:10). And on the cross Jesus himself said, "It is finished" before he died. So the abundant life is finished, you might not see it present, but it is finished. Now you have to receive it by faith. That's why we have to walk by faith and not by sight (2Corinthian 5:7). As with any other account you get a statement of what's in your account and that's what the Bible does, it tells you what is in your account. All the finished work of Jesus is in your account -healing (1Peter 2:24), deliverance (Colossians 1:13), all of your needs (2Peter 1:3). Now you have to learn how to withdraw what is in it. You withdraw from your spiritual account by faith. Faith is the substance of things hoped for (Hebrews 11:1), in other words faith gives physical substance to spiritual things. With your heart you believe and with the mouth confession is made unto it (Romans 10:10). In 2Corinthians 4:13 it says, when you have the spirit of faith you will speak what you believe. When you have faith and speak then you release the substance of it for it to come into this natural physical world. We access God's grace by faith.

2012/7/30 17:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy