SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Assemblies of God Speaks Out on Chick-fil-A Controversy

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Assemblies of God Speaks Out on Chick-fil-A Controversy

George Wood heard Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel loud and clear when he said that “Chick-fil-A’s values are not Chicago values.”

The General Superintendent of the General Counsel of the Assemblies of God now has a rapid fire series of questions for Emanuel and any other mayor who may be tempted to follow in his footsteps.

“Are you saying that the Catholics are also unwelcome in Chicago because they don’t have Chicago values? That evangelicals aren’t welcome? That Muslims aren’t welcome? That Orthodox Jewish people are not welcome?

“That other persons who have religious beliefs that marriage is between a man and a woman don’t have Chicago values and therefore they are excluded from your community? Do you intend to discriminate against persons of faith? Do you intend to marginalize them? Are you becoming, in your view, intolerant of persons of religious faith? ...

read more: http://www.charismanews.com/us/33867-assemblies-of-god-speaks-out-on-chick-fil-a-controversy

2012/7/28 13:42Profile

Re: Assemblies of God Speaks Out on Chick-fil-A Controversy

Tolerance isn't a trait of those that yell for tolerance the loudest.

Brother Wood did well in what he's written about the numbers that stand behind Chick-fil-A's convictions.

Just saddened that this years' elections won't change a thing - but grateful that Jesus "told us all things" that will come.

I think all that's left is to comfort one another.

The temporary powers-that-be, know what they're doing, and that's to cause as much hatred between every class of people that they possibly can in every nation to Divide and then Conquer.

Maranatha!

2012/7/28 14:10
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Assemblies of God Speaks Out on Chick-fil-A Controversy

Well....this is getting to be, can I say so(?), interesting. Seriously, I am finding it gratifying that there are others who will speak out in defense of Chick-fil-A.

Yesterday I went to Tupelo, MS to Barnes Crossing, a development of nothing but stores, like a town minus houses. Anyhow, I ate at CFA. I got a biscuit sandwich at 9:15 and there were some folks there, not a busy time of the day in most eating houses. Then at 1:15PM I stopped in and got an ice cream shake to keep me awake as I drive home. The parking lot was almost full, the drive-thru had cars backed up... Across the street was Red Lobster and they had only a few cars.

Tupelo is home to American Family Association so one could say the town is packed with conservatives so it would stand to reason this one would be doing a thriving business.

Columbus, MS has a CFA as well and it stays busy...

Anyhow, we will work to patronize it as much as possible.

BTW, their wait staff is always very friendly...very nice.

My two cents.

God bless...

2012/7/28 14:18Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Supposedly Aug. 1 is a day being set for those who are in support of Chic Fil A to go and eat more chikin. I am going to do that though I usually don't buy anything there. Their prices are too expensive. $3.50 for a basic chicken sandwich is a bit much. I also want to see if there are any protestors as well. We only have one in our town.

2012/7/28 16:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy