SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Scientology's Founder's Great-Grandson Blasts Church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Trekker

northern USA

Scientology's Founder's Great-Grandson Blasts Church

SCIENTOLOGY'S FOUNDER'S GREAT-GRANDSON BLASTS CHURCH

Published July 26, 2012
FoxNews.com

The great-grandson of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard said the secretive church destroyed his family.

In an interview with CBS's San Francisco affiliate, Jamie DeWolf, who never met his famous great-grandfather, said the church "devoured" Hubbard and his son, who is DeWolf's grandfather. He called Hubbard a “portly red-headed charismatic lying con-man pseudoscience self-help author.”

DeWolf said his mother never talked about the church because it destroyed her family. DeWolf did a one-man show in 2000 based on L. Ron Hubbard and his son, which he told CBS prompted the church to spy on him.

“Within 2 to 3 days Scientologists were at my door with fake cover stories claiming that they were performers doing a show with me. They had people following me, they were on me immediately,” DeWolf told the station.

DeWolf called his great grandfather’s ministry a “pyramid scheme that sells secrets and they sell them under the guise of self-help.” He called actor Tim Cruise the church's "golden mascot," and said his recent breakup with wife Katie Holmes was likely due to her finding out more about what happens behind the scenes of Scientology.
“Tom Cruise is another victim of the mirage that my great grandfather created around himself,” DeWolf told the station.

The Church of Scientology and they declined a request for an interview, but instead released a statement.
“Despite his public representations and self-promotion, Mr. DeWolf is not knowledgeable about the Church of Scientology or its founder,” said spokesperson Karin Pouw.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/26/scientology-founder-great-grandson-blasts-church/?test=latestnews#ixzz21nSAgqtj

2012/7/27 1:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy