SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer Request

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Anamosa41

Georgia, USA

Prayer Request

For over a year my immediate and some of my extended family and I have been taking care of my grandma who is bedridden. This has been difficult for several reasons, one being that it has kept my mom, sister, and often myself away from my dad due to being half an hour away. However, just a few days ago both of my aunts who were the other helpers stopped helping, leaving nearly everything for my mom to do. This also resulted to them lying and deceiving other members of our extended family. With no one else to help take care of my grandma, other people that have received our care won't be helped as before and my mom will have no one to relieve her so she can go to church. God has been faithful though, and we are trusting Him to help us according to His will, but we could really use prayer from other believers now. None of us believe it is God's will for my grandma to go to a nursing home. We have witnessed first hand how the local nursing homes have neglected their patients, and we all believe God will intervene and help us. Please pray that God's will will be done, that He will reveal it to us, that He will soften other's hearts and open eyes, and that He will be glorified. Thank you very much, and God bless.

2012/7/26 17:35Profile
mama27

Re: Prayer Request

Oh such a HARD situation! Bless you for believing for other than a nursing home for your grandma....may God guide you and provide you with help in caring for her...praying...

2012/7/26 19:37Profile
Anamosa41

Georgia, USA

Re:

Thank you very much for your prayers, sister, and thanks to everyone else that is praying!'

2012/7/27 13:36Profile
mama27

Re:

I had a mother-in-law and have a mother both with Alzheimers, so I get it.....I will be praying....pls update us as to how the Lord works this out :)

2012/7/27 13:40Profile
Anamosa41

Georgia, USA

Re:

Thank you very much. I will also be praying for your mother. Alzheimer's is a sad and difficult illness.

My mom is still with my grandma 24/7. My sister and I spent the weekend with Dad so we could spend time with him and go to church. He goes over to my grandma's to be with all of us whenever he can. I thank God we are all "in one accord" on this and submitting to the will of God. No one else has volunteered to help us with anything, and recently one of my aunts and her family came over and spoke against my mom while the rest of us were out of town. It isn't easy, but we're trusting God. Two encouraging Scriptures come to my mind often:

Matthew 5:11-12 KJV Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Hebrews 11:13-14 KJV These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

Last Sunday our pastor who is helping his bedridden wife (he's 74 years old) said he believes God will answer our prayers very soon. My dad, sister, and myself were greatly blessed during the service as we worshipped and thanked Him for the answers.

Please keep praying! God is moving, and we are trusting.

2012/7/31 13:58Profile
mama27

Re:

Thank you for the update - still praying....:)

2012/7/31 17:14Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re: Prayer Request

Far worse than the neglect is the use of mind control drugs they use on the elderly to keep them quiet; they strait-jacket them with drugs. Walk into any nursing home today and you will notice that they are far quieter than they used to be decades ago (far less loud moaning and shouting, etc by dementia or Alzheimers patients, for instance, is tolerated). The goal is to reduce the noise for ALL patients (and all forms of acting out or undesirable behaviors), and it IS a good goal, but the methods are DRUGS. Often, drugs normally used on schizophrenic patients are now used to CONTROL dementia patients. This was done to my grandmother, who had dementia after several strokes. She also had fallen and broken ribs and this caused her much pain for a long time so that she would moan and groan in bed over and over, saying "Oh mein Gott, oh mein Gott!" She was in terrible pain but they did not have the empathy or time to understand that and thought she was just babbling incoherently so they put her on Thorazine to shut her up.
Basically, a chemical lobotomy.

But as her granddaughter i understood and knew what was wrong. Since my (haughty) aunt who was legal custodian of her did not understand this and would not have listened to me i informed a cousin and reportedly she was finally taken off the drug but i dont know for sure if i was told the truth when they said so.

Anyway, it is common practice nowadays in this world of secular humanism to view people as nothing more than a bunch of neurotransmitters and evolutionary creatures and the attitude is to pop a pill for every problem, as well as to CONTROL people who are not understood or who are difficult.

2012/8/1 2:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy