SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : NSA whistleblowers: Government spying on every single American

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 NSA whistleblowers: Government spying on every single American

The TSA, DHS and countless other security agencies have been established to keep America safe from terrorist attacks in post-9/11 America. How far beyond that does the feds’ reach really go, though?

The attacks September 11, 2001, were instrumental in enabling the US government to establish counterterrorism agencies to prevent future tragedies. Some officials say that they haven’t stopped there, though, and are spying on everyone in America — all in the name of national security.

Testimonies delivered in recent weeks by former employees of the National Security Agency suggest that the US government is granting itself surveillance powers far beyond what most Americans consider the proper role of the federal government. ...

read more: http://rt.com/usa/news/nsa-whistleblower-binney-drake-978/

2012/7/26 1:27Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: NSA whistleblowers: Government spying on every single American

"These powers have previously defended by claims of national security necessity, but Drake says that it doesn’t stop there. He warns that the government is giving itself the power to gather intel on every American that could be used in future prosecutions unrelated to terrorism."

interesting.

2012/7/26 1:28Profile

I heard about all of the surveillance in Clinton's early years as President. It may go back before then, very likely.
It was back then that we heard about Echelon. It's gone way beyond just phone calls now. You can do a search on why they switched from analog to digital TVs - about the newest home appliances - every key stroke in a data base, etc..

It's something to just get used to. If you never say or do anything wrong - there's nothing to worry about.
Has always reminded me of that verse about those things said in secret will be shouted from the housetops.

They that are doing this spying, are very paranoid people. :)

Our GOD is omniscient - their god needs technology. Funny!

2012/7/26 1:42
HeartSong

Re:

Ha! They are tapping into my computer on a daily (hourly?) basis - using my antivirus software in some cases. Good thing the LORD got me used to the fact that He sees everything I do before He had me start doing weather videos.

Not only are they watching, but they are assessing - using things like facebook and YouTube to determine the "mind" of America. Linking individual people and groups like a spider web.

It is our own fault. God is to be our protector and to rely upon anyone, or anything, other than Him is to open ourselves up to major persecution by the enemy.

2012/7/26 2:34Profile

Re:

I can see it now. One is flying to Atlanta. TSA stops them. The person is asked their destination. Being truthful. They say on their way to a conference on upcoming persecution on the church in N. America. Should make for an interesting experience.

Bearmaster.

2012/7/26 9:58

Re:

I can see it now. One is flying to Atlanta. TSA stops them. The person is asked their destination. Being truthful. They say on their way to a conference on upcoming persecution on the church in N. America. Should make for an interesting experience.

Bearmaster.

2012/7/26 9:58
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

Our GOD is omniscient - their god needs technology. Funny!

Funny, indeed! :-)

If these guys are snooping into everything, why do they still depend on snitches or informants to find criminals? Like those Iowa girls that disappeared two weeks ago - nobody seems to know what happened to them.

2012/7/29 8:03Profile

Re:

In their eyes, the governmebt, the Christians are the criminals. In Iran and N. Korea, being a believer in Jesus Christ has greater repercussions then being a CIA y. Reason being, these governments are antichrist and hate Jesus. Our government is of this same mind set.

Bearmaster.

2012/7/29 9:59

When a nation stops turning to God or anything spiritual, His Church, His ways, the result is fear.

At one time America was bold. It was confident, there was righteousness in the land and a deep respect for the people of God and God Himself and God was blessing her.

Since the 1960's there has been a decline of anything that is called God. We are on a downward spiral toward doom.

America has become a paranoid schizophrenic country. Spiritually it's become mentally retarded. With these two conditions you have a bad situation. Fear is paramount and violence is prevalent. The end thereof is to control people and how they move about. China may end up more freer than the United States in the near future. And who knows, North Korea may finally end their crazy hold on their people and swing open the doors.

Quote:
It was first the awful state of the land that was pressed upon me. I saw the blindness and infatuation of the people to be very great. I felt the cry of LIBERTY just to be the hiss of the serpent, to drown them in perdition." Margaret MacDonald early 1800 prophecy

I can't help but think of the United States when reading this. Every sinful group is using Liberty as their backdrop to getting the laws changed in their favour, the hiss of the serpent.

2012/7/29 11:20
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Thanks for posting this. Truly signs of the times that we live in.

There is a danger to NOT knowing the time we live in, just as it was for Israel when the Lord visited them...

Quote:
41 Now as He drew near, He saw the city and wept over it, 42 saying, “If you had known, even you, especially in this your day, the things that make for your peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes. 43 For days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment around you, surround you and close you in on every side, 44 and level you, and your children within you, to the ground; and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, BECAUSE YOU DID NOT KNOW THE TIME OF YOUR VISITATION.” Luke 19:41-44

in some ways, the church is very much like Jerusalem in that day, especially with what's coming.

It seems that nobody wants to hear that the hour draws near, all things continue as they were from the beginning, life goes on, and its business as usual... but the time of the Great Tribulation (our visitation) comes, when God shall separate the sheep from the goats...the time when satan and his angels are thrown down from their lofty places. The time when the rulers of this world, and indeed all of humanity will be overthrown and lose their dominion on the Earth...forever.

It does not seem strange to me at all that the powers that be are gathering intel on everyone at this time; it will be a way for "them" (anarchists and luciferians) to identify the elect when the time comes - the day when being a Christian will be illegal globally, and persecution, roundups and martyrdom will be rampant.

As a watchman, I will report that I believe that WW3 is on the horizon.

...I wrote this before...

Persecution is coming to ALL Christians. But our Lord will not leave us comfortless in our hour of trial. I don't even really know where to begin with this one.

It will be a time of the wheat being separated from the chaff, a time like no other since time began. I don't like the idea of anyone falling away, much less what surely comes. So be it the warrior spirit in me to lay hold on Him who has so laid hold on me, to fight the good fight of faith.

Before I share this, I what to encourage every believer to pray earnestly. Pray for the forgiveness of sins (and repent where necessary), and to be washed in the blood of the Lamb. Pray for the fruit of the Holy Spirit to abide within you. Pray to be of a ready mind. Pray for a right heart within you. Pray for sin to be no more in our lives, that we may be holy and to escape God's judgement. Pray to walk before God with clean and holy hands, and with out any worldly interference.

The day is at hand when satan and his angels are about to be thrown down to the Earth, a great and a terrible day. Because it is written that God shall not only shake the Earth, but also the Heavens...when He brings judgement upon the rulers of this world, and against the rulers of darkness.

Pray for your families and each other to found in the will of God. Pray that you may love the God of heaven with all of your heart, mind, soul and strength...(for truly it is a wonderful gift from Him to be able to do this), and each other as ourselves. The time of God's judgement is at hand and the end of this age.

The Lord has set in order the timing of these things.

I believe we are at the door to the time known as the Great Tribulation, and we as Christians must prepare ourselves before this comes about. We need to heed the call to repentance. The Lord is commanding His body to repentance...against worldliness and carnality; there is not much time left. I desire that everyone reading this will have the blessing of Revelation 3:10

I see an unprecedented global revival coming, an out-pouring of the Holy Spirit not seen since man has been upon the earth...it comes during unprecedented Great Tribulation. All I can say is thank God for His mercy to all of us; I believe we are even at the gate.

The time of man's dominion on the Earth is at an end, and the end of this age is now upon us.

The time is short now, and the day is far spent, for the great and terrible day of the Lord does come...the day in which He shall judge the nations in righteousness. The day in which the sinner and the ungodly are to be removed forever, but judgement begins at His house.

Jesus is coming!

The King shall sit on the throne of his glory, and He shall judge all the nations in truth and in righteousness; for the sum of all judgment is given to Him.

And He shall cause the people of the nations that reject God to be removed and destroyed from off the face of the earth. And from henceforth there shall be nothing corruptible before Him; for that Son of Man, the King of Glory, has appeared in His power and great glory, and has seated Himself on the throne of His eternal glory. And He reigns forever, and His kingdom is forever and ever. Amen

When He shall take to Him His great power, the heavens and the earth shall be shaken violently; He shall rule the nations with a rod of iron. All evil shall pass away from before his face, for who shall abide the great and terrible day of the Lord?

And the word of that Son of Man, who is the King of Glory, shall go forth and be strong before the Father of Spirits, and the sum of all judgement is given to Him.

Blessed and holy are those whose sins are forgiven, who have washed their clothes in the blood of the Lamb; blessed and holy are those whose names have been written down in heaven from before the foundation of the world; for when He shall appear, they likewise shall appear with Him in honor and in great glory.

How wonderful it is to love the God of heaven; how wonderful it is to acknowledge Him who breathed the breath of life into my nostrils. Oh let me worship Him who formed me from the dust of the earth, and let His praise be upon my lips and in my heart forever! Amen.

There shall come a great famine upon the whole Earth, where food and resources will become scarce. There shall be epic rains that will flood the lands and wash away crops. There shall be heat and dryness and drought so that nothing shall grow; the sun shall scorch the Earth. What comes is of epic proportions, strange oceanic tidal currents and strange weather phenomenon coming off the oceans.

There shall be global war and a shortage of crude oil.

Currencies will collapse and with it the entire world will be plunged into the grips of a Great Depression not seen since the beginning of time.

And with a world wide shortage of crude oil because of global war, and the governments acquisition of wartime resources, there will be little left for people and little or no fuel left for transport trucks, cars, jets, ocean liners, or any kind of transport...which means little or sometimes no food will be delivered to grocery stores during critical times, or any other goods and services for that matter.

Civil disorder, rioting, looting, hoarding and panic will erupt in every city across the globe, leading to the declaration of martial law in many countries. Gangs of civil rioters will roam the streets at night and in broad daylight, looting businesses, and peoples’ homes for food and supplies. The Military will be called in to quell the civil unrest and to keep the peace.

Pestilence and disease comes when weapons of unknown mass destruction are unleashed...

~~~

The Great Tribulation must come, even as it written that it should. Each day, we see this time known as the "Great Tribulation" drawing closer and closer...the day is even at hand.

I know this is going to be a terrible time for the Earth, as most of the Earth's population will perish, but I am grateful that my eyes shall witness the coming of the Lord Jesus in His Glory. We are to be of good courage, and not faint, and we shall inherit a crown of life. God bless Israel and the Jews, from whom came the Holy Scriptures, which has made us wise to salvation, which is in Jesus.

~~~~

I like what David Wilkerson has to say:

There is simply no possible, failsafe way to prepare for what’s coming.

Of course, God will prepare His people concerning what to do, how to act wisely, and how to lay aside what is needed. But that should never be the focus of Christ’s Bride.

I assure you, if you’re making spiritual preparations – getting your heart in order, dealing with sin, calling on the Lord with greater intensity, trusting in His word, building up your faith – then your readying yourself for anything.

You’ll be able to face a depression, losses and privations, calamities all around. You’ll be ready for all troubled waters, floods, fiery furnaces, persecutions, crop failures, droughts, shortages, and sicknesses. But most of all, you’ll be ready to hear the trumpet of God in the last hour. You’ll be prepared to march into the wedding feast to be untied with Christ...

...I believe the covenant that God has made with us holds the secret to perfect peace, no matter what storm may come.

~~~

2012/7/29 13:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy