SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Last days preparations . ..

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Pastor Thompson was unaware that his sermons were on this site. I have forwarded him the link, and I'm sure he and the church leaders will be praying about it.

Thank you.

2012/7/26 21:33

Re:

Denny Kenniston has an excellent message entitled, "The Approaching Wave of Persecution". In this message he gives practical waysto prepare for persecution. Well worth listening to.

One thing he stresses is get the word into you. Read your Bible or New Testament. Listen to the word. Memorize the word. Whatever you do get the word into you. It cannot be said enough. Get the word into you.

Our brother's and sisters in restricted nations understand this. The word is very important to them. They will spend hours a day getting the word into them. We spend not a fraction of what they spend reading the word.

If the word is that important to the persecuted Christians. Should it not be that important to us? Bottom line. Get the word into you. It will sustain you in the coming hardships.

Bearmaster.

2012/7/26 22:31
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
If the word is that important to the persecuted Christians. Should it not be that important to us? Bottom line. Get the word into you. It will sustain you in the coming hardships.

This is a good word! Of course it applies regardless of what lies ahead. The Bible points us back to God – to trust in him - and to love. We have a responsibility towards one another. A futuristic focus can sidetrack us from that calling towards our "neighbor".

The Thessalonians Christians were convinced that Christ was returning shortly. However that focus diverted them from their sense of responsibilities in the present.

Countless Christians down the centuries have been convinced that Christ would come in their lifetime – as many do today. Our challenge is to avoid letting this premonition take precedence over our calling for today – especially as it relates to one another. This point gets at it:

Quote:
It might mean things like organising and preparing clusters of nearby communities and means of communicating and fellowshipping.

“Let us consider how we may spur one another on to love and good deeds. And let us not give up meeting together, as some of us are doing, but ENCOURAGE one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” Heb. 10:24

At the same time, a focus on organizational aspects can also derail us. We become more focused on the preservation and “purity” of our organized group than we do about our responsibility towards one another (including those outside our groupy) – and above all the growth and nurture of trusting faith among God’s people - and in our own families. I say that because that has been a historical tendency. The object of trust subtly shifts from God to the group. The organization's goal becomes more about to avoiding perceived evils and threats rather than nurture faith and the gifts of grace in the midst of an uncertain world. We becomes task focused rather than relationship focused - bunker living rather than risk living.

A consuming preoccupation with the future can stunt our ability to live effectively in the present. We live and think according to we imagine or fear – something that does not even exist in reality. The apostle Paul helps us shift our focus back to reality. He viewed the circumstances of life – past, present, or future, as secondary:

“I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.” Phil. 4:12

What does that say to us in view of "end times"? We strive to keep centered on Christ – abiding in him, trusting restfully regardless of the circumstances we live in – either today or expected for tomorrow. Tomorrow has enough trouble of its own … as Jesus cautioned us.

“Give us THIS DAY our daily bread.”

Diane

2012/7/27 6:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy