SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : William Law ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
proudpapa

William Law ?

What do you know of and what are your thoughts of the writings of the mystic William Law??

2012/7/25 16:00Profile
iceman9

New York

Re: William Law ?

I would not consider him a mystic. Jeanne Guyon was a mystic. I don't put the two in the same group.

I think Law’s writings are good (I have a few of his books). I don’t read any author without my Bible next to it…

I first heard of Law years ago while reading about George Whitefield. Both Whitefield and the Wesleys talked about Law.

My 2 cents…

2012/7/25 16:29Profile

I have these files by Law that you can have for free if you want them and email me.

A Serious Call To A Devout And Holy Life.
The Spirit of Love.
The Spirit Of Prayer.
An Appeal to all who Doubt the Truths of the Gospel.
The Way to Divine Knowledge.
An Humble, Earnest, And Affectionate Address To The Clergy.
A Demonstration of the Errors of a Late Book.
Of Justification by Faith and Works.
A Collection of Letters . . . on Several Occasions.
The Grounds and Reasons of Christian Regeneration.
The Spirit of Love.
The Spirit Of Prayer.
A Serious Call To A Devout And Holy Life.

2012/7/25 17:16
dbiser

I first became acquainted with him through Andrew Murray's writings. Andrew Murray loved him and gleaned much from him. His writings is very straight forward on holiness, maintaining relationship with the Lord. Very sound and very deep. He illustrates and lived a life of witness to our Lord through holiness and prayer. the Word is heavily in his life and writings. a blessed saint to glean from brother
until,
dan

2012/7/25 22:59Profile
SteveHale

NSW Australia

Re:

There is a great difference in the books he wrote. The ones he wrote before he was born again are intellectual and without life eg. A Serious Call To A Devout And Holy Life. And then after he was born again you have a book like "An Humble, Earnest, And Affectionate Address To The Clergy" which is full of life and beauty. It has been rewritten by Dave Hunt and called " The Power of the Spirit ". It is a book that needs to be read by everyone that calls themselves Christian to test if they are truely born again or have just a mere intellectual understanding of scripture.

2012/7/26 0:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy