SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Baby Born (moderator announcement)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 A Baby Born (moderator announcement)

I note sent out to others and sermonindex:

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

We are thankful to the Lord our God who has granted us such a precious gift from above (James 1:17). We believe His plan for Emily, is wonderful (Isaiah 28:29) and is far beyond what we could ever desire for her to accomplish. We have committed her to the Lord's work and for His salvation.

Emily Havergal Gordon
Born 6:27am, July 21, 2012

https://www.sermonindex.net/pdf/emily.jpg
https://www.sermonindex.net/pdf/emily2.jpg

Please do pray for Brandy as she is recovering and also for this little one to be strong in the Lord and the power of His might. We thank God for this community of brothers and sisters that have supported and prayed for us during this time! We rejoice in the little gift the Lord has bestowed to us.

Thank you for your continued prayers for us. God willing in a month or so we will be sending out updated prayer cards for us with the new addition! If anyone is interested in this prayer card please just email me: [email protected]

2012/7/22 21:15Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: A Baby Born (moderator announcement)

As towards her name, we were just lead of the Lord in her first name, after doing some research it does seem like "Emily" has a greek root of: Amalia which in turn: Amalia may also be taken as a variant of the Hebrew Amalya, meaning "work of the Lord".

And "Havergal" was named after "Francis Ridley Havergal" the famous hymn writer she wrote the hymn "Take my life and let it be" along with many others; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frances_Ridley_Havergal

I believe the name "Havergal" means flowing rivers or streams.

May God use "Emily" in the work of the Lord as sister Havergal was!

2012/7/22 21:20Profile
newcenturion

Re:

Congratulations brother, welcome to joy unspeakable! Excellent name, I pray your daughter will grow to be a Godly woman that will be used by God for mighty works.

~ J E Myers

2012/7/22 21:28Profile
learnermike

Oklahoma

Re:

PTL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2012/7/22 21:34Profile

What a pretty baby! She looks like she's smiling :) Bless GOD!

She's Blessed.
Praying for our Sister Brandy. Praying for recovery of strength and that He'll meet every desire of her heart.

GOD Bless you three, Gordon Family!

2012/7/22 21:42
roadsign

Re:

This is very exciting - a new baby girl. The pictures are touching. Emily's middle name Havergal is carefully thought-out - rich with meaning and history too. I pray that it will someday resonate with Emily's heart - and help root her in her faith.

Congratulations!

Diane

2012/7/22 22:07Profile

How beautiful! Lord, I pray You will bless the Gordon family, and keep your hand upon baby Emily all the days of her life. Grant Brandy a quick recovery, and may there be a strong presence of the Holy Spirit in the household. In Jesus' precious name, Amen.

2012/7/22 22:14
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Ahhhh....so precious.

God go with you as you make adjustments in your new role of parenting! Trust me - there will be days when it will not be so sweet. Especially, when the child gets her days and nights mixed up - she wants to be awake when you want to sleep. This too shall pass - eventually.

May I suggest Brandy take lessons from the OT law in learning how to care for herself. Taking proper care for herself at this point promotes female health. Limit physical work or any stressful activities.. I know modern medicine scoffs at this idea but may I suggest what God says about it lends itself well to long term health then what many modern health gurus admit.

God bless and take care.

ginnyrose

2012/7/22 22:51Profile
andres

texas,brownsville

Re:

what a beautiful baby..
may God bless you

2012/7/22 22:56Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

How beautiful!

Thank you for sharing, Greg! Our thoughts and prayers will be with you, Brandy and Emily.

2012/7/22 23:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy