Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Batman movie tradgey last night

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
rainydaygirl

Batman movie tradgey last night

AT LEAST 12 DEAD IN SHOOTING AT COLORADO 'BATMAN' SHOWING

Having read the headline about 12 people being killed I just thought to ask for prayer here for the families. I know this is just one more example of the sinful ugliness in this world and we need to be in prayer.

rdg

2012/7/20 9:02Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: Batman movie tradgey last night

One thing I will be looking at among this story is the attack on religion as well as gun control. On one side liberal thinkers will attack gun control and then there will be talk about the influence of atheism in this or something to that affect. I am will be listening to the intelligence factor in both of these. Meaning, are the arguments made intelligent or are they really reaching for something that isn't there.

John

2012/7/20 11:43Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

the thing that has got me the most is some peoples reaction to this terrible situation. when i shared this news with some others on what happened they looked at me with blank expressions and said, "oh that's sad" and then went right back about their business.

i guess we are just all so desensitized to it now.

rdg

2012/7/20 13:20Profile

Re:

Probably we have become so callous to violence. Mainly we are exposed to it on a daily basis.. We have lost the capacity to be human..

Bearmaster.

2012/7/20 13:44
Koheleth

NC

Re:

Quote:

by rainydaygirl on 2012/7/20 10:20:17

the thing that has got me the most is some peoples reaction to this terrible situation. when i shared this news with some others on what happened they looked at me with blank expressions and said, "oh that's sad" and then went right back about their business.

I agree with this sentiment, but think there is more to the story. What response should people have? There is little they can do. They cannot affect the dead. They probably do not know and cannot reach the living. So, what response did you have on hearing the news?

2012/7/20 15:10Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

by Koheleth on 2012/7/20 12:10:26

Quote:

by rainydaygirl on 2012/7/20 10:20:17

I agree with this sentiment, but think there is more to the story. What response should people have? There is little they can do. They cannot affect the dead. They probably do not know and cannot reach the living. So, what response did you have on hearing the news?

-----------

my first thought was to pray and just ask GOD to help those who needed help and for His will to be done. i was sad and shocked to hear something like this had happened again.

i'm not criticizing anyone it was just a bit of a surprise that some had no reaction to it but then these kinds of tragic things are happening all the time now all around the world so maybe people are becoming numb.

rdg

2012/7/20 15:23Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Probably we have become so callous to violence. Mainly we are exposed to it on a daily basis.. We have lost the capacity to be human..

After I watched a few interviews from the young people who survived I was also shocked at the lack of tears or trembling about this. These young people daily through TV, Video games and computer violence are baptized in this filth and their consciences are deeply defiled.

May those in the Church be weary of this and separate from this wicked and perverse generation and its constant bombardment of sin into the minds of men.

2012/7/20 15:42Profile

Re:

I agree with most who have commented about the reactions. It is shocking to see the degree in which we have been desensitized as a nation, well as a world actually. The bowels of hell are on the move brothers and sisters. May the Lord help His people when they are cuaght in the coming storm of persecution and the world will look on because they have been so desensitized..........bro Frank

2012/7/20 18:42
mama27

Re:

"The bowels of hell are on the move brothers and sisters."

I am SO very upset by this....that yet another tragedy has happened, yes....and also that we as a country are becoming desensitized by it as well.....But also there was a side headline by a movie critic that said "as a culture we are SEDUCED by SADISM".....

This touches me on a personal level b/c we raised our children in such a wholesome way and didn't have TV in our home, only allowing videos for documentaries etc. But in the past 4-5 years or so my sons have descended into this video filth in spite of more outpouring of this mother's tears and pleas than can be counted. I feel so violated and helpless like I remember feeling when watching news videos of the tsunami flooding over cars and buildings and people whatever year that was. I can hardly even think how to pray against this horrific evil anymore....It just seems to have engulfed us.....

Yes - TRULY THE BOWELS OF HELL.....Lord help us!!!

2012/7/20 19:13Profile

Re:

As the darkness increases mama, we must be found closer to our Lord and our light must shine. It is for this purpose that we have been called, and the Lord is soveriegn and He has called us to this generation. You contiune to shine your light before your sons. May you be blessed to see your prodigals return home sister..............bro Frank

2012/7/20 19:40

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy