SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can suicide be forgiven?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Hi Brother dvndsn. Just to clear up why I wrote what I did .... I was relaying what is in the mind of this X-husband.
It's not a secret that Michelle and I have talked on the phone.
The OP indicates what Michelle is thinking what her X-husband is thinking or what she feels 'obliged' to do because of what she thinks he's thinking and how she feels about herself. That if she's dead, then, in his/her mind, that he can re-marry - my reply was to Michelle and not to Lisa. They are already divorsed and the OP is Michelle's thoughts - that if she kills herself - than that would set her husband free to re-marry ... because she believes he's a holy man and that she's nothing but dirt and that he could get re-married if she would kill herself.
I am Very Sorry that I had to give out this much - but it appears that this "remarriage" topic could turn sour and not in her Best interest.
I pray that we can drop this topic of remarriage now and focus on the Fact that no one has any GOD given right to take their life and that GOD loves us all enough to leave the 99 to go the ends of the earth to reach one of his sheep.

Blessings to you!

2012/7/18 14:34

Re: Biblical Psychology

Brother Issachar, Biblical Counseling 'is' Great but the DSM-IV / ICD codes / "DXs" - are not from GOD and the more recent dependence on over prescribing/dependence on psychopharmacology isn't neither.

Love in Christ and Blessings to you!!

2012/7/18 14:39

Some very clear reasons and some very clear answers.

I found this great little site that made a lot of sense, all about these questions brought up here, and it is all Biblical, at Christian Answers; website below.

God's Bible response to suicide.

"Are you feeling that life isn't worth living anymore? Do your problems seem too big to handle? Does it seem that no one cares? Sometimes these feelings of despair or apathy cause people to think about suicide. What does the Bible say?"

Suicide is not a new idea. The Bible records seven suicides.

AbimelechJudges 9:52-54 Abimelech lacked personal identity.

SamsonJudges 16:25-30 Samson died for a cause he believed in and for revenge
Saul1 Samuel 31:4 Saul was stressed out, unable to live up to certain expectations; felt rejected and a failure.

Saul's armor-bearer1 Samuel 31:5 Impulse, he wanted to die with his boss. 40% of teenage suicide is impulse.

Ahithophel2 Samuel 17:23 Ahithophel was bitter because his advice was not followed.

Zimri :1 Kings 16:15-20 Rebellion; Zimri had a problem with authority.

JudasMatthew 27:3-5
Depressed, Judas felt trapped by materialism and guilt.

But what does the Bible say about taking your own life?

1.God has a great plan for your life. God has created us in His image (Genesis 1:26-27). He created us for a purpose. God has a specific plan in mind for everyone.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11).

2.God's plan is for life, not death. The Bible teaches that both physical and spiritual death are the result of our sin and disobedience to God, but eternal life is a gift to those who receive it.

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 6:23).
3.Jesus taught that death and destruction are the work of “the thief” (Satan). He said,

The thief comes only to steal and destroy (John 10:10).
John 8:44 says that Satan is a “murderer” and the “father of lies.” The feelings of despair that lead to suicide are caused by some of his lies.

4.Jesus wants us to have life. He said:

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full (John 10:10).
5.Life belongs to God. It is never our place to take our own life or someone else's life.

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own, you were bought at a price.
Therefore honor God with your body (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).
IF SUICIDE ISN'T THE ANSWER, WHAT IS?

1.The solution to despair and hopelessness is not suicide, but faith in God.

We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you (Psalms 33:20-22).

2.Christ promises that He will give us rest from our problems.
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28).

3.Tell someone. Tell your parents, your brother or sister, your teacher or school counselor, your pastor or youth minister that you are thinking about suicide. If a friend tells you that he or she is serious about suicide, then you need to tell someone who is responsible and can help.

4.Accept Christ's free gift of eternal life and salvation, if you haven't already. Romans 10:13 says:

For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
John 1:12 says:

Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.

5.When we accept Christ, God gives us a brand-new life and sees us as completely holy and righteous.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! (2 Corinthians 5:17).

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21).

6.Because of God's salvation through the death of Jesus on the cross, we can have assurance of eternal life with God.

I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. (John 5:24)............And answers to these questions.....

Are there biblical examples of depression and how to deal with it?

Are you feeling depressed? There are answers. What should a Christian do if overwhelmed with depression?

How can I be and feel forgiven?

If God forgives me everytime I ask, why do I still feel so guilty?

I think I was sexually abused, but I'm not sure. What Is sexual abuse, and what can I do to stop the trauma I am facing now?

I'm ugly. Why was God so unfair to me this way?

If God knows I am hurting, why doesn't He help me?

If a Christian commits suicide, will they go to Heaven?

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-dml/dml-y038.html

2012/7/18 15:18
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

An Online Prayer Check-In

Saints,

Why don't all who contributed to this post Logon at 7:00 pm EST tonight (Wednesday, 07/18/2012) as a "Prayer Check-In" and then logoff for ten minutes, whilst we all simultaneously pray for our hurting Sister.

We could pray that the Lord reveal to her the preciousness, worth and significance of her existence as His Bride with a luminosity so intense that it permanently burns out and consumes all thoughts of suicide or self-harm in any capacity.

So, the Prayer Check-In could happen as follows:

(1) Logon to SI at 7:00 pm EST with "Prayer Check-In" typed in Subject Line.

(2) Quote and type in a piece of Scripture with a message of encouragement to our beloved hurting Sister.

(3) Logoff for ten minutes and pray in for her, with each other.

(4) Logon after ten minutes of prayer and type "Prayer Delivered" in the Subject Line and a brief (3-5 lines) message of encouragement and love (in your own words) to her.

The more the better. What do you say?

We love our saints with a true love. If she is hurting ot the extent of self-harm, this hurts me, as well. I'd like for us to do this as a family. This could be an expression of our sister's worth as God's own and as a part of His Body.

I wish that I could call her, listen to her voice, listen to her story and the source of this pain. And then, speak true words of Christ's love to her. And I would continue to avail myself as a long distance friend-for-life (as long as she continues living). And Christian friendship is worth its weight in gold.

See you all at 7:00 pm EST? I'll be starting a New Thread for our "Prayer Check-in" for our precious and beloved sister in Christ. Please show up.

Love-in-Christ,

KP

2012/7/18 15:24Profile

Re: Some very clear reasons and some very clear answers.

Tom, your article is very good. Thank you!

The only problem is the last question... that would be OSAS that we don't all subscribe to and the Fact that there are some out there that read that answer to that question that 'think' they're saved but aren't and will kill themselves because of that answer - not realizing yet that they weren't saved .... so it's a dangerous answer.

Otherwise - Great!

2012/7/18 15:31
dvndsn

Kentucky

Re:

JiG: Indeed, I am completely content to drop it. God does not give us the right to take our own life. In Him we live, move, and exist! (Acts 17:28) Good reference to leaving the 99. God loves us SO much!

2012/7/18 15:32Profile

Re: An Online Prayer Check-In

Quote:
by IssacharSon on 2012/7/18 12:24:59

Saints,

Why don't all who contributed to this post Logon at 7:00 pm EST tonight (Wednesday, 07/18/2012) as a "Prayer Check-In" and then logoff for ten minutes, whilst we all simultaneously pray for our hurting Sister.

We could pray that the Lord reveal to her the preciousness, worth and significance of her existence as His Bride with a luminosity so intense that it permanently burns out and consumes all thoughts of suicide or self-harm in any capacity.

So, the Prayer Check-In could happen as follows:

(1) Logon to SI at 7:00 pm EST with "Prayer Check-In" typed in Subject Line.

(2) Quote and type in a piece of Scripture with a message of encouragement to our beloved hurting Sister.

(3) Logoff for ten minutes and pray in for her, with each other.

(4) Logon after ten minutes of prayer and type "Prayer Delivered" in the Subject Line and a brief (3-5 lines) message of encouragement and love (in your own words) to her.

The more the better. What do you say?

We love our saints with a true love. If she is hurting ot the extent of self-harm, this hurts me, as well. I'd like for us to do this as a family. This could be an expression of our sister's worth as God's own and as a part of His Body.

I wish that I could call her, listen to her voice, listen to her story and the source of this pain. And then, speak true words of Christ's love to her. And I would continue to avail myself as a long distance friend-for-life (as long as she continues living). And Christian friendship is worth its weight in gold.

See you all at 7:00 pm EST? I'll be starting a New Thread for our "Prayer Check-in" for our precious and beloved sister in Christ. Please show up.

Love-in-Christ,

KP

If that time is alright with everyone else [some may not be home from work yet on the west coast] - it's a GREAT, GOD inspired Idea, Brother and definitely "Love-in-Christ".

Thank you!

{eta] Bless you much, Brother dvndsn!

2012/7/18 15:36
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
JiG wrote:
That if she's dead, then, in his/her mind, that he can re-marry - my reply was to Michelle and not to Lisa. They are already divorsed and the OP is Michelle's thoughts - that if she kills herself - than that would set her husband free to re-marry ... because she believes he's a holy man and that she's nothing but dirt and that he could get re-married if she would kill herself.

It would have been nice if you had addressed it to Michelle b/c I thought it was for me, therefore I apologize.

Do you think that he could be subtly planting it in her mind when they talk that ‘if she were to die, then he would be released to marry this other woman?” And that that could be why she is so tortured? If so, he is definitely not a holy man.

I will be praying for Michelle.

God bless,
Lisa

2012/7/18 15:37Profile

Re:

No need to apologize at all. You were the spring board for what I felt to say - even though it wasn't addressed to you - GOD used your post to give me the nerve to post it. :)

Thank you for all that you wrote in this last post. Thank you Very much!

His Love to you, Lisa.

2012/7/18 15:41
rbanks

Re:

Some thoughts after reading much of this thread!

Michelle,

According to the bible your husband is not a holy man if he is in love with another woman. If you are his lawful wife then he being in love with another woman makes him an adulterer. If you kill yourself then he will still be an adulterer and now a murderer for making you think that you are the problem and need to be dead.

Michelle, you are not the problem, it is sin in his heart that is the problem. If you commit suicide then you have sinned against the very one who loves you the most the Lord Jesus Christ. You must come to the realization that your husband does not love you. He is not worthy of you and stop blaming yourself.

One other thought you may not have considered that if you kill yourself you could lose out with God for all eternity and also cause your husband to spend eternity in hell because this will make him an adulterer for the rest of his days if he doesn’t repent. You dying does not change the fact that he is an adulterer in his heart. If you realize that God wants you to live and has loving plans for your life for all eternity, then you will do him and others more good, than the evil you would cause by ending your life.

Blessings...from brother rbanks

2012/7/18 16:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy