SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Do we really understand?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Do we really understand?

Quote:
rbanks wrote:
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Matthew 7:1-2 (KJV)

I was just wondering how many of us truly understand this portion of scripture.

How do you think the Lord wants us to take heed to this scripture? Do you really think there is an important message the Lord wants us to understand concerning "judging others"?

Brother,

I understand it but that doesn’t mean I always live it, sadly. To me, these verses along with “Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another has fulfilled the law.” (Ro 13:8 ) are the essence of what we will be judged by.

I trust Christ that all things will work out without me having to judge another. Why do I feel that way? I grew up spiritually in a church that did just that, the pastor never kicked anyone out (no matter how bad they acted) but many did in fact leave because of the Holy Spirit, not because a man took it upon himself to help them leave. That is a higher calling to be able to love the unlovely and to trust and allow the Lord to take care of the situation and the person. But the judgmental will always find fault with this and defend their judging!

God bless,
Lisa

2012/7/17 17:20Profile
rbanks

Re:

Good posting brother Wayne and Lisa!

Notice the humility enjoined and the understanding of our own faults. The realization of the forgiveness we all need and are to experience. We are to experience grace, understand grace, and be gracious to others or we will condemn ourselves.

It is not judging to condemn but judging to help or give aid with an eye of love toward others.

Blessings…from brother rbanks

2012/7/17 17:37Profile
jimp

Re:

you are correct... the central point of the gospel message is forgiveness... how can i;having been forgiven of sooooo much look down my nose at anyone. peter ,james and john called fire down on someone and Jesus forbid them and told them that they did not know what spirit they were calling upon.the apostles came back and reported that they heard some preaching but were not in our group.Jesus said forbid them not for whosoever is not against us is with us.jimp

2012/7/17 19:38Profile

Re:

When Jesus said to "Judge Not" I take that to mean that we are not to condemn. The same condemnation that we condemn others the same measure will be meted back to us. And I have seen this time and time again. So many times that I have had to stop doing it in my own life because the very thing that I condemned others in, I found myself doing. Romans 2:1

Certainly we judge, we need to judge.

1 Corinthians 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

1 Corinthians 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person [Why?, because we judge them that are within]

1 Corinthians 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

1 Corinthians 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? [or presently]

1 Corinthians 6:4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.

We need to discern how that word "Judge" is being used in scripture, one is used to condemn the other is to judge righteously which is something that we all do.

False teachers have come in unawares to mute the Church from judging, when in fact the word is saying that we are not to condemn, and there is a difference. They have successfully completed their task. We have been frightened into believing that we are not to judge anyone at all and this is not what Christ or the Apostles ever intended. The world has gotten us where they want us, say nothing against anyone so they can continue on with their plans of creating a perverse and backward world. In the days of Elijah, there was no one left to help judge Israel. Even though 7,000 had not bowed the knee to Baal, they were in hiding, Jezebel had muted them through fear of what she could do to them. We are like that today and there is just a few Elijah's out there with millions of believers that have not bowed their knee to this present world system but at the same time they say nothing. Gideon was another. We need to have our voice restored and not be afraid to stand for the truth of Gods word.

By understanding it this way, this has saved me from a lot of grief, I hope it will do the same for you.

[emphasis mine]

2012/7/17 21:21
jimp

Re:

hi, approved is on the right track. krino (judge) is to sit in judgement with the ability to condemn(krino also)anakrino and diakrino are lesser and softer .discern, judge so that you might have wisdom in a matter etc. please do a word study on this and it becomes crystal clear.krino... jimp if you say i am a heretic ,that would be krino. if you said that you heard me say something that does not agree with the word of God. that would not be krino for you are not judgeing me but what i said.

2012/7/17 22:37Profile

Re:

@twayneb

That was an excellent explanation!

2012/7/17 23:06

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy