SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Lessons Beyond Phoenix, Practical Wisdom

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Lessons Beyond Phoenix, Practical Wisdom

I think it was providential that this incident with Michael Salmon occurred against the backdrop of the upcoming Sermon Index conference. Very appropiately the conference is, entitled The Church and Upcoming Persecution. That is persecution coming to the N. American church.

Saints I would like to move beyond the rightness and the wrongness of the Arizona event. We have debated and discussed this on three different threads. Now we need to start asking ourselves what is God saying?  What do we need to gleam knowig persecution is around the corner?

I think the first the first thing God is saying is we must give up the notion that a man's castle is his home. Yes, as American individualist, we have cherished this right. We ave believed that as long as we paid our mortgage and property taxes we had freedom to do as we wanted in our homes provided we brought no harm to our neighbors.

So as Christians we dedicate our homes to the Lord and use them as venues for ministry and outreach. Yet in the last few years four communities have challenged this notion that one could use their homes for the things of Christ. Those communities being San Diego San Juan Capistrano, CA. And Gilbert and Phoenix AZ. In the cases of San Diego and San Juan, media attention and forth coming legal action caused those communities to back down. In the case of Gilbert AZ , Bible studies are still banned. Phoenix is yet to be settled.

Saints what I an sharing is not random events but a pattern if things to come. The cases I sighted above occurred on the last 3 or 4 years. I have read that communities were complaining about home groups several years previous. But my googling could not find these. It would not be surprising if such cases were out there. But I think we need to assume that Phoenix will be the norm. That in this hostile anti Christian America our neighbors will report us to the state. And the state is no friend to Christ.

So saints we need to start thinking like those in restricted nations. For this is where N. America is headed. The suggestions I am offering actually came from other posters.

Do not call attention to your home fellowship by its size. If you have 30 or 40 people attending your fellowship. t is too large and the neighbors will complain. Break it down into smaller units. Not only will there be intimacy you call less attention to our group. Meet in different homes. Again you call less attention to your group by meeting in different venues. Also you have more outreach to different neighborhoods. And one home will not be burdened with showing hospitality. One mire suggestion. Carpool. We love our cars. But saints if folks live in the same area pick them up to go to home fellowship. Not only less cars but save on gas.

Eventually home churches will be illegal and we will be meeting in the caves and woods. But until that time maybe these suggestions will keep the code enforcement officer from your door.

Posted by Bearmaster.

2012/7/16 7:51
MaryJane

Re: Lessons Beyond Phoenix

Bearmaster wrote:Saints what I an sharing is not random events but a pattern if things to come.

Bearmaster thank you for sharing your heart so often with us. I think you have such a burden for others and it speaks so much about the love you have for the LORD.

Just to share with you there are many other cities here in the US that are not as bad as the ones that have gotten so much attention. I know of several home churches that have large number of brothers and sister that live in neighborhoods and meet together with out any issues at all. I know of one church family that has over two hundred that gather together to break bread, share the love of the LORD and fellowship with one another and nothing is said. They do as you suggested and go from house to house, they live together in communities and are neighbors to one anther.

I believe trails will come but JESUS still lives and HE still reigns so let them come. The story is already written, the plot has already been revealed and we know that our LORD is and always will be victorious so as things unfold let us not be worried or fearful but walk with JESUS.

Thank you for sharing and the wise council :)

God bless
mj

2012/7/16 8:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy