SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ravi Zacharias speaks at the Mormon Tabernacle

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Ravi Zacharias speaks at the Mormon Tabernacle

What are your thoughts about Ravi Zacharias speaking at the Mormon Tabernacle??

http://www.rzim.org/justthinkingfv/tabid/602/articleid/109/cbmoduleid/1480/default.aspx

2012/7/11 0:41Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re: Ravi Zacharias speaks at the Mormon Tabernacle

This is nothing new with Ravi Zacharias. He has also spoken at heretic Robert Schuller's Crystal Cathedral. I never heard that he bothered to rebuke Schuller and his heresies either.

2012/7/11 0:55Profile

Re:

He spoke at the UN too. Don't know what to make of it.

2012/7/11 0:59
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

Yeah, that's the problem with these big named preachers. They'll speak anywhere, giving no thought to the fact that their presence automatically endorses the beliefs of the organization. For instance, this one preacher who's stuff I used to really like (the Apostle Paul), spoke to a whole group of Pagans in the Areopagus...right in the midst of all of their idols and pagan gods! And this other guy, Jesus of Nazareth, had the audacity to preach in Sheol!

The nerve of these guys.

2012/7/11 1:09Profile

Re:

I had downloaded the audio of his message when it was presented but could never get myself to listen to it because I was afraid - because I always liked him so much.
That message was in my computer that died - so I just did a search for it and now it's transcripted. {etr}

http://www.rzim.org/usa/usfv/tabid/436/articleid/96/cbmoduleid/1045/default.aspx

2012/7/11 1:28

Re:

Quote:

Yeah, that's the problem with these big named preachers. They'll speak anywhere, giving no thought to the fact that their presence automatically endorses the beliefs of the organization. For instance, this one preacher who's stuff I used to really like (the Apostle Paul), spoke to a whole group of Pagans in the Areopagus...right in the midst of all of their idols and pagan gods! And this other guy, Jesus of Nazareth, had the audacity to preach in Sheol!

The nerve of these guys.

I know right! Like how the apostle Paul stood up in Areopagus and told them that the Divine Nature was not a One fashioned out of gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of man. (Acts 17:29) And then following up by saying that God has commanded all men everywhere to repent.

I'm sure that's what was being preached in the LDS temple right? The same way Paul did it, saying that the Jesus that the Mormons serve and believe to be the half-brother of Satan isn't the real Jesus. And that God has commanded that they repent. Just like Paul did it.

Right?

Confronted the idols and told them that their precepts of God and who Christ is are inherently and fatally flawed and cannot save them, and that the time of ignorance was over and now repentance was commanded?

Luke 24

"and He said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day,and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem."

I didn't hear one reference to repentance in the message that was preached to the Mormons, who are just as lost as any other heathen.

And Jesus didn't mix words much in John 4 when confronted with someone who said that Jews and Samaritans basically worshipped the same God. He didn't let that masquerade go for a second and directly answered that God MUST be worshipped in spirit AND in truth.

The Mormons most certainly do not worship in truth. Christ and Paul must be our examples when preaching to the lost, but we have to make sure we do it the same way they did, and not skirt around the essentials that have to FIRST be established.

To try and use any other method or reasoning is disingenuous to the context and the example left for us.

2012/7/11 2:20
jimp

Re:

hi, some folks have wisdom and most do not. we are not commanded by Jesus to fault find but to preach the gospel. it does not matter where all the problems are for a river pilot if he stays in the channel. the gospel is our channel. never criticize anyone for what they said unless you know what they said.jimp

2012/7/11 5:30Profile

Re:

Quote:
it does not matter where all the problems are for a river pilot if he stays in the channel. the gospel is our channel.

So Jesus, Paul, and all the rest of the apostles weren't really living the Gospel when they warned of all the problems, and preached against the errors of their day, correct?

2012/7/11 6:12
jimp

Re:

paul, as you said pointed to a slab to the unknown god and preached the gospel.if you are a pastor or the leadeer of those you have led to Christ or are responsible for then you can criticize and warn those in your fold ...otherwise shut up.jimp do not krino anyone.

2012/7/11 6:25Profile
Lovefirst

Lake Charles, LA

Re:

I love Ravi and can always feel his love for Jesus Christ when he pours himself out day and night in front of many different people in many different regions. How many anointed preachers risk their lives to speak in Muslim nations?

It breaks my heart to see so many people always looking for error and anxious to correct. Hopefully you are correct, may God have mercy on you if you are doing it from a sour spirit and an ugly heart.

Ravi loves the Lord Jesus and is devoted to His ministry. I'm well aware of having to be very cautious in this dangerous times but there has to be a line somewhere, especially concerning our brothers and sisters in Christ who battle the kingdom of darkness daily. They need our love and prayers not this.

2012/7/11 7:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy