SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Please help with a financial question

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
JoeFrank

Please help with a financial question

My brother and I are looking to start a business of some sort. We are seeking to make some extra income or if all goes well to have the business be full time.

1st question: Should I feel guilty for seeking to start a business?

2nd question: Should I give my all to starting it?

3rd question: Should I be satisfied working a Temp job that does not give me insurance?

Any insight to any of these questions will be appreciated.

Thanks

2005/2/14 13:59Profile
JoeFrank

Re: Please help with a financial question

Sorry I still don't have a answer for you.

2005/2/14 14:41Profile

Quote:
1st question: Should I feel guilty for seeking to start a business?

Why in the world would you feel guilty about starting a business? The Bible is full of examples of godly men who were successful at their chosen professions. Many of these were examples of God's blessings on them because they walked with God.

Quote:
2nd question: Should I give my all to starting it?

Why wouldnt you? As long as it doesnt get in the way of your relationship w/God or with your wife and children... I see no problem. Why would someone start a business and not give it their all?

Quote:
3rd question: Should I be satisfied working a Temp job that does not give me insurance?

If not having insurance would have a direct negative impact on you wife & children, then you should give this careful consideration. But if not... I dont see a problem.

As with anything else in life.... you need to seek God's direction.

Krispy

2005/2/14 15:06
JoeFrank

Re:

Thanks Krispy :-)

2005/2/14 15:11Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

I sometimes also find myself questioning the same things. With the diet of word that I get from my local church and the suppliments from the net, often wonder if there is anything else other than going out and planting churches and doing 'classic' ministry stuff? Ask myself questions, why do you want to start your own business? Well, honestly to make money. Then you hear someone like Ravenhill talking about what Wesley left behind, I think it is some Comp, and its like sheez! Am I missing the boat completely? These are just rhetorical questions to show that you are not the only one. Satan does that at times, makes us feel we're the only one with a particular problem. Trick little devil. :-x

God Bless

2005/2/14 15:52Profile

Re:

... but God doesnt call everyone to be a Ravenhill or Wesley. Plus, if it wasnt for us working Joe's... how would those ministries be financially supported?

Krispy

2005/2/14 16:11
ZekeO

Re: What did I say again?

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
... but God doesnt call everyone to be a Ravenhill or Wesley. Plus, if it wasnt for us working Joe's... how would those ministries be financially supported?

Some people do, and I think that is where the wrestling comes. In many instances we are slaves to those things that we feed upon. So a steady diet of Wesley and Ravenhill will produce those longings. I think you posted something about if its Gods will then...

About supporting ministries read books on George Mueller and Reese Howells. God does not need businesses to extend his kingdom, but he certainly uses them.

2005/2/14 16:20Profile

Re:

I agree with you... God doesnt need anything from us. He owns it all. But He does use us and the resources he has entrusted us with. God works in so many different ways, I dont think we can even fathom it. It's enough to know that He will use someone like me... amazing as that is.

Krispy

2005/2/14 16:38
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
It's enough to know that He will use someone like me... amazing as that is.

Indeed it is amazing. :-P i'm off to bed before I get into trouble.

2005/2/14 16:48Profile
moreofHim

Re:

I truly believe that if you are to start a business (and I come from an entrepreneurial family-and my husband owns a company ) that you should pray and seek the counsel of God first and foremost.

If it is His will, then go for it. But if it is not His will, then do not.

Pray that his will is done in your life and in your work.

We always refer to these verses:

Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit"; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that."

Be patient. If it's to be, the Lord will show you clearly. :-)

2005/2/14 16:49Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy