SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Homeschoolers of 'disabled' children, notice -

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Homeschoolers of 'disabled' children, notice -

We need to really pray for those that Homeschool [and for all disabled and elderly]
and if anyone feels led to let their opinion by known to whom it may concern -

Quote:

Dear HSLDA Members and Friends,

Who should make critical decisions regarding the care and raising of children who have disabilities? Their parents or United Nations social workers?

That is the question as the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations holds a hearing on the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) Thursday, July 12. This treaty, if ratified by the U.S. Senate, would turn the parent-child relationship on its head by establishing a dangerous new legal standard for dealing with children with disabilities: the best interests of the child standard. The CRPD states: “In all actions concerning children with disabilities, the best interests of the child shall be a primary consideration.” Article 7(2)

This simple sentence means that any decision a parent makes regarding the care, education, or upbringing of a child who has any disability could be subject to review by a social worker, court, or even a United Nation’s official.

We urge you to do two things. First, please call your two U.S. senators and urge them to oppose this dangerous United Nations power-grab. The Capitol Switchboard phone number is 202-224-3121, or you can use HSLDA’s Legislative Toolbox. Second, please call the White House and urge President Obama to withdraw the CRPD. The White House Switchboard phone number is 202-456-1414.

It is not necessary to identify yourself as a homeschooler. Your message can be as simple as the following:

“Please oppose ratification of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. It is outrageous that U.S. senators would support a treaty that surrenders U.S. sovereignty and family decisions to unelected UN bureaucrats. Our nation already has laws to protect disabled Americans. This treaty is unnecessary and will hurt families.”
HSLDA Founder and Chairman Mike Farris has written a memo on the dangers to U.S. sovereignty, family freedom, and homeschooling if the U.S. Senate votes to ratify the CRPD. You can read his memo online. In addition, Mike Farris will testify against the CRPD on Thursday.

We encourage you to read the text of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. People with disabilities are precious. Parents who are raising children with disabilities will tell you it is one of the hardest things they have ever done, but also one of the most rewarding things in life. We all want to show our love and care for people with disabilities. This treaty, however, is not the way to do it. There are numerous state and federal laws which protect our precious citizens with disabilities. The CRPD—if ratified by the Senate—would do great harm to disabled children and adults by subjecting parents, families, and caregivers to UN oversight, regulation, and control. For specific harm to homeschool families, you can read our additional research paper.

Thank you for standing with us for liberty.

Very truly yours,

J. Michael Smith, Esq.
President, HSLDA

P.S. Please also forward this email to your family and friends and encourage them to call their U.S. senators. Families, not the United Nations, are best suited to care for their loved ones with disabilities. We don't need unelected international bureaucrats to tell us how to do that.

End Quote

2012/7/10 14:52

Re: Homeschoolers of 'disabled' children, notice -

This indeed is giving Parenting rights to the United Nations. There is no telling how much authority was given over to the government in Obama Care, the new health care bill; it is just to complicated to read. I suspect, that just as Hillary Care was a few years ago, a lot.

In China, your children belong to the state. They have the right to do as they please with them. It is the home of forced abortions too; the body of your wife and child must be surrendered to remove the "fetus", or it will be forcibly.

Also, in many states it is no longer legal to educate your children at home, unless you possess a college degree, and even then, your children are subject to regular testing. Control is the issue, and this spirit is a God-hating one for sure.

There are states very friendly to Home-schooling, and even provide venues for special need children. Texas is one:
http://www.tcashe.org/faq.html

There are many links on this site that will give you confidence. I have known of families that left a particular state because of the threat of this very thing; the encroachment of anti-Christ.

There are others.
“Did we not strictly command you not to teach in this name? And look, you have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this Man’s blood on us!”

But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: “We ought to obey God rather than men."

This is how we must approach the sacred duty of rearing our children.

2012/7/10 17:43
Elibeth

Re:

Ann,
Bro. Tom,

You are so right,...'there is no telling how much authority was given
over in the new healthcare bill.'

* The disabled
* The elderly

What do they have in mind ? Plans ?

Will these dependent one' ( with time ) be deemed ,..no longer useful to the world,..they do not have much / quality of life ?

Our only hope is in the Lord,as things wax worse and worse.

He will always give us a way of escape,..but we must keep our eyes on Him and look to Him.....It may be just an escape from doing /or / caving in to what our flesh would do.
We must always look for that door of escape,..in everything in life.

The escape may very well be that He bring us all the way through and out the other side,..still IN Him. That is what really matters,..isn't it ?

Jesus was fixing to be crucified,...He cared,..But he prayed to the Father
Not my will but Thy will be done.

This man ,.....? I was listening to,was saying for us to * walk in the fear of the Lord,..And * The Comfort of the Holy Ghost.
That meant a lot to me.

May the Great Comforter, comfort us all IN Him as we see these things,...
....Do we see these things approaching ?

**Key word : Prayed,..prayer

I can do ALL things though Christ, who strengthens me.

Be strong,
Elizabeth

2012/7/10 20:57Profile

Re:

Blessings to you!

I can't help myself but have been very excited about HEAVEN.
Can't seem to get my mind off of Heaven.
It may take a while to get There - but that's where He seems to be keeping my mind and spirit.
I want to hug Gwen Wilkerson and all the whole Heavenly number Up There.
I 'think' that's what He meant by "when you see these 'begin' to happen - LOOK UP ..." :)

Please don't think I'm being thoughtless. I pray for the unsaved and for strength for the Saints continually and occupy until we go or He comes.

The unsaved need our prayers.
Thank you!!

2012/7/10 22:54
proudpapa

Re:

I have been really feeling led the last couple of years to becoming less and less politicaly minded and am trying not to take my mind into politics much anymore.

But an interesting thought just came to mind. Whom do You Believe would more likely defend Homeschoolers rights Romeny or Obama ??

2012/7/11 0:50Profile

Re:

Hi PaPa. I just found your post.
I'd have to say neither, because there's a shelved executive order that in a major crisis, the constitution is scrapped and we go right under the UN, more or completely.

2012/7/11 1:44

Re:

I recommend this Site to parents and all others - http://www.crossroad.to/

2012/7/11 3:28

When Big Brother shows up at your door, and you need help....

Ann,
Bro. Tom,

You are so right,...'there is no telling how much authority was given
over in the new healthcare bill.'

* The disabled
* The elderly

What do they have in mind ? Plans ?

Will these dependent one' ( with time ) be deemed ,..no longer useful to the world,..they do not have much / quality of life ?and less populous society.
...Elibeth

We must remember that socialized medicine is rooted in the ultimate hallows of Darwinism. Man rules himself, and knows the right. In China, for instance, Society must be engineered to decrease population, in order for a more prosperous, but less populous core. Thus, it is right to enforce abortions according to these laws; sometimes forced.

The best modern example would be the NAZI regime of Hitler.

"At the advice of Darwinist scientists they [the NAZI's] exterminated Jews, Gypsies and East Europeans, whom they regarded as inferior races. They slaughtered the mentally ill, the handicapped, and the elderly in gas chambers. In the 20th century, millions were killed by the most ruthless methods in the name of Social Darwinism before the eyes of the world."
http://antidarwinism.com/socialdarwinism.html

The beginnings of this progressive and satanic idea about the administration of medical care, is beginning to lean that way. In Canada, unless you "qualify", as to your age, and "worthiness", you may be denied various life saving surgeries. Many do not qualify, as they assess your value, kind of like if your worth the "bang for the buck."

If your old, poor and sick, probably not; if your educated young and in power, probably yes. This is the result of wicked humanism, and it will only get worse and worse.

It is interesting to note that our elected congress, who represents our voice, chose to reject all Obama-Care, and vote themselves a golden parachute health-care plan, that only the very rich and entitled would ever see; along with a private education plan for their children that outshines any other mere public school system; for life.

This seems to be sweeping the Earth, and like a juggernaught; unstoppable. As you said, Elibeth, "The escape may very well be that He bring us all the way through and out the other side,..still IN Him. That is what really matters,..isn't it ?"

Yes. Thanks, tom

2012/7/12 18:46

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy