SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Hilarious (if it were not so insane)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Trekker

northern USA

Hilarious (if it were not so insane)

I found this news headline at israelnationalnews.com otherwise known as Arutz Sheva 7. Their hysteria and paranoia about Christianity borders on the bizarre and is almost comical. Btw, what do you think of their belief that Christian crosses constitute a form of idolatry? DO some Christians idolize the cross by wearing it as jewelry,etc? Interesting.

Inside Israel

SHOCKING 'LAND OF ISRAEL EXAM' SHOWS CHRISTIAN CROSSES

High school “Land of Israel” exam features Christian crosses. Is the Education Ministry trying to undermine students with Christianity?

By Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu
First Publish: 7/8/2012, 8:58 AM

High school students last week were shocked by a matriculation exam in “Land of Israel Studies and Archaeology” that showed Christian crosses and referred to a place where “our father was crucified.”

A large part of the exam dwelled on details of churches and Christianity, with a wide display of Christian crosses, which are forbidden by Jewish law to be looked at because they are considered to represent a form of idol worship.

The matriculation exam included pictures and sketches, and one showed the Holy Sepulcher with questions asking the students to explain different parts of the tomb.

The exam included a quote from a Christian pilgrim who visited Jerusalem and wrote in a dairy about "the little hill of Golgotha ​​where our father was crucified.”

The exam was full of Christianity and a real disgrace,” one teacher told Arutz Sheva. Some students did not want to answer the questions on Christianity but had no choice in order pass the test. There were so many questions on Christianity that failing to answer the questions would result in automatic failure.

Another teacher told Arutz Sheva that she thinks there are people in the Education Ministry who are trying to undermine students and introduce Christianity.

2012/7/8 4:13Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Hilarious (if it were not so insane)

My opinion:

QUOTE:
"A large part of the exam dwelled on details of churches and Christianity, with a wide display of Christian crosses, which are forbidden by Jewish law to be looked at because they are considered to represent a form of idol worship."

Maybe they forgot how Moses made a serpent while in the wilderness and had the people look on it and then were healed? Or, maybe they do remember how this became an object of idolatry?

QUOTE:
"The exam included a quote from a Christian pilgrim who visited Jerusalem and wrote in a dairy about'

OK, OK, I know what spell check does - it does not always catch misspelled words, spellings that are a word but its meaning is not meant to be understand as written. "But write in a dairy..." oh, dear, this is hilarious...

Now seriously, is the use of crucifixes, crosses as worn on jewelry, etc. a form of idolatry?

Some have said the way Jesus is depicted on crosses does not convey the reality as to what it actually looked like. Some say he hung naked - him being a male it would be considered obscene to depict Him in such a manner.

Some have also suggested that since the cross was an object of shame it should not be venerated as it is in modern Christendom.

When our daughter was hospitalized in a Catholic hospital I did find the presence of a crucifix in each room gratifying. It served as a reminder of Jesus and His love and sacrifice. What the Catholics intentions were to display it as they did, I do not know, but I know what it did to me. Having said this, I also find it encouraging to see plaques of Bible verses in patients' room in a Baptist hospital. These warm my heart.

Now if you take seriously what the Scripture says about the wearing of jewelry this question will take on a different meaning. The way it is asked it assumes the wearing of it is Biblical, but may I ask, is it really? (1Tim. 2;9; 1Peter 3;3) Perhaps this is the question that should be considered rather then whether it is idolatrous.

Like I said this is my opinion for whatever it is worth which may not be much...:-)

Have a blessed day...

2012/7/8 7:29Profile

Re: Hilarious (if it were not so insane)

Quote:
what do you think of their belief that Christian crosses constitute a form of idolatry?

It certainly is. We've come to accept the thing because it's so rampant in our society that we barely bat an eye. At one time it was considered Roman Catholic, and it still is but as I said, we've become used to it. The world sees it as good luck charm. We see the idol hanging around necks, tattooed, dangling off the rear view mirror and etched on our bibles, and recently among the Muslims they are instructing their women to cut the tomato a certain way to avoid seeing a cross. Every woman in the Muslim world would have all ran out to buy tomatoes to cut it so they could see the cross.

2012/7/8 12:01

Re: Hitler wore a Cross, and it was a prestigious war honor.

The cross as a religious symbol is definitely idolatrous, and ancient. It represents the heart of Baal worship, the SUN as god, and that satan-god was named Tammuz.

"He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.

Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the Lord's house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz."..Ezekiel 8

[The cross was his symbol/idol. these women were probably wearing crosses, or carried them along as they mournfully prayed..[ wept.] This mourning may have been directed to Lucifer in worshipful empathy when he was wounded upon being cast out of Heaven.]

To the pure, all things are pure. I am sure you Ginnyrose were ministered to by see one +. I, however, am disgusted as I see the emaciated and bleeding Catholic Savior; the crucifix. Did you know that this one must suffer and bleed forever,and as vampires, the priesthood offers [ transubstantiates real blood, and real bits of his flesh body through their elite magic powers, to offer salvation?

This is tied into other blasphemies tied up in their pagan practices. Everyone MUST have a cross, or you are not really faithful. As far as Christians wearing one; I have over many years, bought them for others mostly, that they too may be reminded that Jesus is Lord. In itself, I know and teach it's meaninglessness. It is just a symbol of faith, and never should be the object of it. Only the Risen Savior deserves that.

"A pagan symbol of the mystic Tau [ a T, or a cross ] of the Chaldeans and the Egyptians, this cross was a symbol of the Roman god Mithras and the Greek Attis, and their forerunner Tammuz, the Sumerian solar god, consort of the goddess Ishtar.

Conveniently, the original form of the letter 'T' was the initial letter of the god of Tammuz. During baptism ceremonies, this cross was marked on the foreheads by the pagan priest.

The use of the cross as a religious symbol in pre-Christian times, and among non-Christian peoples, may probably be regarded as almost universal, and in very many cases it was connected with some form of nature worship."
(The Encyclopedia Britannica, 11th edition, 1910, volume 7, page 506)

Tammuz was a god of Assyria, Babylonia and Sumeria where he was known as Dumuzi. He is commemorated in the name of the month of June, Du’uzu, the fourth month of a year which begins at the spring equinox. The fullest history extant of this saviour is probably that of Ctesias (400 BC), author of Persika. The poet has perpetuated his memory in rhyme.
This a worship song to the demon Tammuz:
Trust, ye saints, your Lord restored,
Trust ye in your risen Lord;
For the pains which Tammuz endured
Our salvation have procured."
[ Satan suffered being cast out of Heaven and into Hades as his kingdom..]

"High school students last week were shocked by a matriculation exam in “Land of Israel Studies and Archaeology” that showed Christian crosses and referred to a place where “our father was crucified.”

Perhaps this may shed some light to the inscription;

Tammuz was crucified as an atonement offering:
“Trust ye in God, for out of his loins salvation has come unto us.” Julius Firmicus speaks of this God rising from the dead for the salvation of the world.".{Tammuz]
http://www.answering-christianity.com/abdullah_smith/cross_pagan_origins.htm

The religious Jews in Israel are overly paranoid to all things Christan, and avoid and expose them like the plague. If you mention Christ to anyone 16 or younger you may go to prison. They are quick to announce dates and years as BCE...Before the common era, and CE, as the common era; rather than AD..Ad Deum! the year of our Lord!

2012/7/8 13:06
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

BT wrote:

"I, however, am disgusted as I see the emaciated and bleeding Catholic Savior; the crucifix."

Only the Catholic crucifix has Jesus still on it; Protestant crosses do not ;)

It is ridiculous to say that a person who wears a cross around their neck or has a cross on a wall in their home is an idolator. I suppose they MIGHT be, but good grief. 99% of the Protestant churches are therefore blatant idolators.

Lighten up, folks.

And as far as the test goes, would we Christians not be up in arms if our kids' standardized tests had questions specific to Judaism, or Islam, or Hinduism? Yep, I believe we would be freaking out too.

2012/7/8 14:22Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "[The cross was his symbol/idol. these women were probably wearing crosses, or carried them along as they mournfully prayed..[ wept.] This mourning may have been directed to Lucifer in worshipful empathy when he was wounded upon being cast out of Heaven.]"BROTHERTOM

QUOTE: ""A pagan symbol of the mystic Tau [ a T, or a cross ] of the Chaldeans and the Egyptians, this cross was a symbol of the Roman god Mithras and the Greek Attis, and their forerunner Tammuz, the Sumerian solar god, consort of the goddess Ishtar.

Conveniently, the original form of the letter 'T' was the initial letter of the god of Tammuz. During baptism ceremonies, this cross was marked on the foreheads by the pagan priest.

The use of the cross as a religious symbol in pre-Christian times, and among non-Christian peoples, may probably be regarded as almost universal, and in very many cases it was connected with some form of nature worship."
(The Encyclopedia Britannica, 11th edition, 1910, volume 7, page 506)"==BROTHERTOM

Wow, i have never heard ANY of this before. Not sure what to think. Thanks for the info.

2012/7/8 14:51Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: " If you mention Christ to anyone 16 or younger you may go to prison. They are quick to announce dates and years as BCE...Before the common era, and CE, as the common era; rather than AD..Ad Deum! the year of our Lord!"==BROTHERTOM

Even that is more than I knew! It's incredible. I guess i sure won't feel too sorry for them anymore, for all the antiSemitism they suffer everywhere; they complain of being persecuted for their religion and existence but they do enough persecuting of their own, don't they? If they could murder Christ all over again i am sure they would do it.
I know we are ALL guilty of putting Christ on the cross, but still, their behavior is amazing.

2012/7/8 14:57Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "I suppose they MIGHT be, but good grief. 99% of the Protestant churches are therefore blatant idolators."==TMK

Yes, many of them probably are. But even worse is the picture of "Jesus" i have seen hanging in most churches. This "Jesus" is a worse form of idolatry and promotion of idolatry; there is NOTHING to indicate Christ LOOKS like that person and the display it sets up an idol in the minds of children everywhere and also sets people up to receive an AntiChrist (if the AntiChrist comes looking like that picture, that is).
I have seen the same picture in Methodist churches, in Church of the Nazarene denom, and i also grew up with it hanging in my home (and as a child i revered it!). I imagine that the same picture must hang in many if not most Lutheran churches.

2012/7/8 15:02Profile

Re: Though shall not have any idols before Me!...[ even a cross and pic?

" But even worse is the picture of "Jesus" i have seen hanging in most churches. This "Jesus" is a worse form of idolatry and promotion of idolatry; there is NOTHING to indicate Christ LOOKS like that person and the display it sets up an idol in the minds of children everywhere."

No, Trekker, that's the Irish Caucasian Jesus, can't you tell? Pearly white skin, smooth Etruscan Nose, and reddish hair; quite a handsome lad , Eh? We think he turned the water into Guinness; extra-stout; no doubt.

Now, if we were to travel a little the African way, we would see a young black man as the Savior, and east, a Oriental-Semite. It seems to help people to believe in the invisible God with a little acute visibility. How do I know He lives? I got His picture at home on my wall, silly!

It has become so accepted in true Evangelical churches it is not normal to not see a cross or picture of Christ somewhere. At least most Protestants don't feel a need to rub there cross, like a genie, or genuflect and look up as they make the sign of the cross on their heart as they kiss it,.... but looking on the bright side, what would Major League American Baseball be without it?.... History. Can any one tell me where Roberto Clemente has gone?

2012/7/8 15:33

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy