SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Cause/Effect…..Sin must has a Source

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Cause/Effect…..Sin must has a Source

The root cause of sin is the Adamic nature

Sin in the lost, and sin in the saved, has the life of a man as its source the first Adam. Every honest believer who knows anything about the all-important Romans Seven experience realizes that the sins in his Christian life are identical to those of his unsaved life. They are the works of the same indwelling source the same all too familiar characteristics of the person of the first Adam.

2012/7/6 12:40Profile

Re: Cause/Effect…..Sin must has a Source

You are mistaken. We are no longer in Adam. Our Life and source are in the LAST Adam - Jesus Christ.

The old Adam nature was crucified with Christ and we have been crucified, buried and now risen with Christ.

We we were recreated and are a totally NEW CREATION.

The source of sin is not in Adam. Sin is the result of not totally living out from Christ's Himself.

Do not forget that our flesh is not redeemed and is corrupted.

2012/7/6 12:57
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: The source of sin is not in Adam. Sin is the result of not totally living out from Christ's Himself.

This is where you theory fall’s on it’s face. I mean if we are not totally living out from Christ then what other life source do we have to live out of?

----------------------

1 Cor 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

We have two sources of life one of the Soul, the other is of the Spirit to say that your not living totally out Christ is to say your are relying on the soul life and the soul life which comes from Adam.

-----------------------

You say Quote: “We are no longer in Adam” that is true in the positional sense. We who have received him (Christ) have been given the “power to become the Son of God” John 1:12 but “for as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God” Roms 8:13

There is a big difference between receiving Christ and being a Son of God one is positional the other is practical…

A Son of God is spiritual he is led by the Spirit he flies like the eagle the things of this world do not have the power over him as he soars the heights. He has experienced the practical aspect of the cross in his life.

While the one who has received Christ, the child of God wants to soar like the eagle, he gets up in the air but finds that there is something a force like that of gravity that always seems to pull him down. That something in the child of God is his soul life that soulish fleshy nature is the Adamic nature and it holds back the child of God. He is in Christ postionally but has not yet yielded to the working of the cross practically to deal with his soulish fleshly nature…

The cause of his failure to soar is the effect of sinful Adamic nature

Edited --- spelling

2012/7/6 14:51Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

There are only two natures, God nature and satanic nature.

Adam chose our nature when he believed the lie of the devil.

This is not "the devil made me do it", but it is the outcome of Adams choosing in whom he would believe, even though it was a lie.

Those that have been given the faith to believe what God has said, now have become filled with the nature of God. Christ in you the hope of Glory and the infilling of the Holy Spirit.

The root cause of sin is when we are carried away by our own lust and conceive our own sin.

The root cause of godliness is when we are carried away by the faith which has come to those that believe the truth.

Galatians 3:22-26 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Satan can no longer accuse us or rule over us before the Father, for we are now the children of God.

Satan nature out, God nature in.

In Christ: Phillip

2012/7/6 19:21Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: The root cause of sin is when we are carried away by our own lust and conceive our own sin.

Roms 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

The root cause of sin is Sin in your body; it’s Sin that causes the lust. The Body of Sin is the Old Man.

Quote: The root cause of godliness is when we are carried away by the faith which has come to those that believe the truth.

The root cause of godliness can only be God

Quote: for we are now the children of God.

Gal 4: 1-2 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.

2012/7/6 20:08Profile
a-servant

Re:

In that regard I always found this one verse very telling:

1 Corinthians 15:45  And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

a living soul vs. a quickening spirit! Revelation to really dig in deep into creation, and recognize the Creator's signature and will.

2012/7/6 20:38Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

James 1:14-15 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Godly Faith; Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Truth;
Godly wisdom, Godly righteousness, Godly sanctification, Godly redemption.

John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Romans 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Who is the root?

In Christ: Phillip

2012/7/6 21:46Profile
proudpapa

Re: Cause/Effect…..Sin must has a Source

RE: murrcolr wrote
/The root cause of sin is the Adamic nature/

this does not seem to make since to me when we ask ourself one question, what Caused Adam and Eve to sin?? No one would say that Adam was born with a sin nature, therefore it can not be the root or source of sin.

Actually, the Bible says that the Love of money is the root of all evil.

How was Eve Tempted?
How was Jesus Tempted?
How are we tempted? the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life

As far a Romans 7 goes, It is a man under the bondage of the law, This Does not seem to make since in the Context of the Christian life for Paul.
Remember, The Book of Romans is Pauls argument to the Jews of how the Law of faith is supperior to the Law of works. Romans 7 taught as the normal Christian Life would never convince a Legalistic Jew That the Law of Faith is superior to the Law of works.

2012/7/6 22:33Profile

Re: We are now the sons of God

1 John 3:2, "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."

Gal. 4:4-7, "But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ."

What about all the people who were born in Adam - did they become positional sinners or actual sinners?

Our nature is determined by our birth only.

Now when Christ died - I actually died with Him and I was made one with Him.

1 Corinthians 1:30
New International Version (©1984)
"It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption."

New Living Translation (©2007)
"God has united you with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made him to be wisdom itself. Christ made us right with God; He made us pure and holy, and He freed us from sin."

My old sinful nature was actually totally and completely crucified with Him. It is buried and I now I have His very Life within me. I abide and live in Him. I have His nature as a result of my NEW birth.

I posted this before but I will re-post it here for those who missed it.

True freedom does require knowledge.

Look what Paul says Rom. 6:3, “Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?”

And in Rom 6:6, “Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.”

And in Rom. 6:9-11, “Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

Now it is a divine fact that we have been crucified with Christ. We are NOW totally and absolutely dead. This is NOT a positional truth but an actual true reality.

This fact is a vital and inseparable part of the Gospel message. If this fact is neglected or overlooked you have NO gospel at all. How can any person reckon himself dead indeed to sin and alive to God without having this knowledge?

Look at all the people who claim they believe that Christ was crucified on the cross but they do not have a clue that they where crucified with Him. Many struggle and strive continually but only experience defeat and failure in their attempt to live the Christian life.

This fact needs to be proclaimed over and over so everyone can know this truth and then walk in the true reality and experience the true freedom of what God in Christ has ALREADY accomplished for them and in them.

2 Cor. 5:14, “For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Acts 17:28, “For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said,for we are also his offspring.”

Gal 2:20, “I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”

As for sin, God in Christ has taken care of the sin problem once and forever.

Col 2:13-14. “ And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.”

Please note, that even tough God in Christ has already accomplished these things for us and in us there will be many people who refuse to walk in or experience the existing reality of what has been accomplished.

My death on the cross is an actual fact and I experience the true joy and freedom of this truth daily. The Holy Spirit continually shows me new aspects of what all that this death means to me. As a result I do die daily as I embrace with joy these new discoveries of what God in Christ has already accomplished for me and in me. The eyes of my heart are always being opened more and more to see His accomplished work. All this is the result of having and embracing His Life with in me. His life within me is NOT the result of my self effort or anything that I ever have done. I just walk in the enjoyment of His Life and His accomplished work.

2012/7/7 4:15
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: Now it is a divine fact that we have been crucified with Christ. We are NOW totally and absolutely dead. This is NOT a positional truth but an actual true reality

Eph 4:22-25 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man “Wherefore” meaning for this cause or for this reason “put away”

Col 3: 8-9 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds

Another scripture encouraging us to “put off “since we have put off the old man…

A few verse up in Col 3:5 we are encouraged to “Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth”

What your saying is correct “We have been crucified with Christ” but you miss it when you say “We are NOW totally and absolutely dead” because if we were totally and absolutely dead then we won’t be encouraged to mortify or in other words “put to death” our members on this earth and we wouldn’t be encouraged to “put away” or “put off” if was completely “put away” or completely “put off”

2012/7/7 12:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy