Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : "I Am" - T. Austin Sparks

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

"I Am" - T. Austin Sparks

July 6 "Open Windows" by T. Austin Sparks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” (John 8:58 ESV)

The Lord’s ability to crowd vast ranges into small phrases is amazing. He compasses the whole range of human need, and answers every heart cry in a simple sentence of two words: “I am.”

I cry for resurrection, for Life, for something to happen, for a filling, a consciousness, a sensation, a movement, an energy, a “something.” The Lord’s answer is, “I am the resurrection and the Life at any moment, in My will, anywhere.” Oh that we might live on that “any moment – anywhere” because of Him! He would woo us away from subjects, experiences, and teachings to propagate. Such a course has done much harm. The people of God are divided into groups, larger or smaller, around some thing, some experience, some truth, and the all-embracing and all-uniting reality is lost. Away, then, with things, experiences, and truths, to Him. “This is life eternal, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.” "Do you not understand? Who do you say that I am?" With a touch of Divine illumination in your heart you see the thing that you have known so long. Only the Lord can do that. That is the direction of inquiry. The Lord set our hearts on that.

By T. Austin-Sparks from: Knowing God in Christ - Chapter 1

2012/7/6 6:42Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: "I Am" - T. Austin Sparks

This is an excellent word, and truly needs to be read by many, if not all.

It has to be about knowing Him, like we know nothing and no one else.

If we do not know Him, whatever else we know is meaningless and worthless.

Know Him. Know God.

2012/7/6 8:03Profile

Re:

Quote:
enid wrote:

It has to be about knowing Him, like we know nothing and no one else.

If we do not know Him, whatever else we know is meaningless and worthless.

Know Him. Know God.

"Like we know nothing and no one else"

That says it.
Unless we love Him more than anything or anyone else, our love for others will not be His love.

Thank you both.

2012/7/6 10:04

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy