SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Epic Heatwave (Global)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Epic Heatwave (Global)

Is God using natural disasters to get our attention? I have been keeping track of this at another website, and I must say that I think we are looking at a harbinger of what is to come. Soon and very soon, the Lord returns...keep watching.

http://the-christians-forum.com/topic/4781782/

2012/7/4 13:57Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Epic Heatwave (Global)

I think that the Lord is ALWAYS trying to get our attention. After all, the heavens declare his glory. I recently returned from a family trip to Yosemite National Park. While others were out and about taking photos of the place, I have always been drawn to God by walking or sitting down and marveling at the work of His hands.

When it comes to disaster and persecution, I think that it often reinforces the measure of faith that is already inside of us.

During times of trouble, believers and unbelievers alike "turn" to God. There are legitimate questions regarding the validity of those "turns" -- and it isn't really my place to answer them. I have simply noticed that many people turn to God in the dark "valleys" of their lives but somehow forget about Him when they are on the mountain tops when the light is shining the brightest.

It reminds me of Israel going each their own way when there was no judge (ruler) and they did what was right in their own eyes. It also reminds me of the parable of the rich man and Lazarus -- and how Abraham told him, when asked to resurrect the man as a motivation to his brothers to turn to God, "If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead" (Luke 16:31).

It isn't just about God getting our attention, but of our willingness to follow Him wholeheartedly once we "see" Him through it all.

But, I agree that natural disasters, storms, heat waves, and all of those things can be used to grab our attention. They can even be signs. The world is blaming "climate change" for these things. Regardless, I do think that we should take the advice of Christ in regard to these things. He said, "See that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet" (Matthew 24:6).

2012/7/4 14:21Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:
...When it comes to disaster and persecution, I think that it often reinforces the measure of faith that is already inside of us.

...It isn't just about God getting our attention, but of our willingness to follow Him wholeheartedly once we "see" Him through it all.

agreed.

~~~

There have been a few on this forum that have been watchmen on the wall for all of us, sounding the alarm to get ready for what is coming. Persecution is coming to the church globally, just like what happened to the Jews during WW2, only this time it will be Christians.

I have shared this before and share it again...

I what to encourage every believer to pray earnestly. Pray for the forgiveness of sins (and repent where necessary), and to be washed in the blood of the Lamb. Pray for the fruit of the Holy Spirit to abide within you. Pray to be of a ready mind. Pray for a right heart within you. Pray for sin to be no more in our lives, that we may be holy and to escape God's judgement. Pray to walk before God with clean and holy hands, and with out any worldly interference.

The day is at hand when satan and his angels are about to be thrown down to the Earth, a great and a terrible day. Because it is written that God shall not only shake the Earth, but also the Heavens...when He brings judgement upon the rulers of this world, and against the rulers of darkness.

Pray for your families and each other to found in the will of God. Pray that you may love the God of heaven with all of your heart, mind, soul and strength...(for truly it is a wonderful gift from Him to be able to do this), and each other as ourselves. The time of God's judgement is at hand and the end of this age.

The Lord has set in order the timing of these things.

I believe we are at the door to the time known as the Great Tribulation, and we as Christians must prepare ourselves before this comes about. We need to heed the call to repentance. The Lord is commanding His body to repentance...against worldliness and carnality; there is not much time left. I desire that everyone reading this will have the blessing of Revelation 3:10

There is not much time left...so many things going on to distract our focus, worldly things, carnal things. People putting themselves first - seeking their own good, rather than the good of others, selfishness, covetousness, stealing and idolatry. May God send us repentance before His great and terrible day comes. Keep our eyes on Him who has our eternal reward, no matter what storm may come.

2012/7/4 15:39Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

I'll take the heat here... over eteral heat.

Let us tell souls of the Good News.

2012/7/5 11:29Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy