SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Prophets Wrote That 2600 Years Ago - Now It Happens

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
a-servant

The Prophets Wrote That 2600 Years Ago - Now It Happens

As you may recall or not recall I was previously very interested to get into a discussion about what the prophets have to say to us today. I basically never got a real all-inclusive response, because just like me almost nobody can fully relate to it.

Except one brother, I know him since 9/11, when he spoke about that previous event based on the prophets of the OT on a public radio show back then - before it happened - what got my attention. Yesterday I listened to his latest podcast at:

http://www.gjigt-radio.com/podcast/audio/Howling_from_Chittim.mp3

where he reads to us two prophets of the OT and later includes a few statements about the current Syria situation, and the latest devolpments as seen from scripture as they are pre-told around 2600 years ago. Pay also attention to what he says about the Turkey-Syria relationship and his conclusion he announced yesterday. That was uncofimed yesterday, however:

got just confirmed by the UN and the state dept today. Watch the news, get the direct source for UN issues, the BBC.

Please, bothers and sisters, I urge you to listen to the full 90 minutes. It's an all-inclusive look at scriptures, the prophets and how it relates to us, now, today. This is so comprehensive that this post belongs not only into this section, but also in the sermons section as well as the news section. I had to pause it in the middle while listening to discuss it with someone, because it's almost too much to listen to in one session. I'm deeply concerned, although at total rest and pray that the brothers and sisters here that can understand this message inquire with our Father that is in heaven about their personal instruction and direct guidance from Jesus on this very important issue, that will change our daily lifes within the next few months. Not years, months! If you cannot understand it right now, keep it on file, and listen to it later again. This message will be remembered as the message that gave us accurate warning, as seen by the prophets of God, ahead of time.

Thank you for listening, and may God bless us all.

2012/7/1 0:28Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: The Prophets Wrote That 2600 Years Ago - Now It Happens

a-servent: I heard one man say that reading the prophets is increasingly like reading today's newspaper. I was struck recently by Isaiah 17. Damascus is the oldest, continuously inhabited city on earth right now. Yet, Damascus is to be destroyed in a moment of time. Jesus is coming soon and prophecy is quickly unfolding. Look up!

2012/7/1 7:52Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

I understand. It makes you want to dig deeper for inspiration I may have missed before.

Another reason I love reading the prophets is for inspiration - is it's as though they were addressing issues we grapple with today. So current, so modern. And who else but the Holy Spirit could inspire such timeless messages?!

2012/7/1 9:06Profile

Re: The Prophets Wrote That 2600 Years Ago - Now It Happens

Ecclesiastes 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

The 2500 year old prophecies have all been fulfilled in their times and the LIKENESS of those writings will forever be an example of how man will act in this world. Hence, there really isn't nothing new under the sun.

We can always look to the bible as to how things will play out because there is nothing new under the sun, a mans heart is both Good and Evil and he will continue on being Good and Evil.

God is a wonderful designer. He designed the scriptures to show one specific thing with Christ and then the scriptures can be used over and over again for our examples as to how things will play out in the world in whatever time period we are in. We can trust the bible for that.

How can we trust the bible for that?

Because it's been proven because the words of the prophets have been fulfilled. And besides, we are doing the prophets a disservice by claiming them for our day to be the official fulfillment as scriptures tell us that if the prophecy does not come to pass we are not to be afraid of that prophet. In other words, he is to be discredited and removed from the sacred writings. We can rest assured that what is happening today has already happened in their official capacity in their day, but the examples left for us is always speaking. It's here we need to be careful about how we use the word "fulfill" in the times that we are living.

2012/7/1 9:18

His ideas.

I listened to 80+ minutes of the teaching. He teaches that multitudes of the Religious Jews have already been saved; encountered by Jesus Himself, but have to keep it secret until Jesus tells them to reveal it.

He also states that God opened up his ears at the Wall in Jerusalem, giving him understanding of Hebrew, as proof. Yip. The Hasidim Jews are really believers in Christ but must maintain complete personal secrecy until Jesus releases them to confess.!!?....:0

He believes that the Roman Catholic Church is the seat of the anti-Christ, that all Christians should make aliyah to Israel and support them in the great battle to come. He also states that the KJV Bible is the Bible that these Christians must follow.

Then, he ties many scriptures into his conjectures with a "this is that" certainty, proving his conclusions with his word studies and his ideas about the evolution of Geographical history. America is Tyre and probably Gog too, along with Russia...A lot of Russians migrated here you know...on and on.

He did begin by reading the Bible word for word. After that, things began a slide downward, and for me, into pure, opinionated guesswork.

I might say that to me, this was a waste of time, except that it does give place to meditating on scripture. Not Revelatory: very Opinionated.

2012/7/1 12:06
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: His ideas.

Brothertom,

Thank you for reporting your observations. Your posting history leads me to accept your opinion.

white stone

2012/7/1 12:51Profile
a-servant

Re:

You have to fine-tune your hearing a bit, Brothertom, as your interpretation of what he says, and what you heard is not identical on many points. For example:

"He believes that the Roman Catholic Church is the seat of the anti-Christ" No, actually he calls the leader of that church the second beast, that will be the prophet of and in support of the anti-Christ.

" that all Christians should make aliyah to Israel and support them in the great battle to come"
No again, there is nothing that reflects the exact content the way you say it - at all. You completely reinterpret what he says according to your understanding.

" He also states that the KJV Bible is the Bible that these Christians must follow." no, he says that it is the only Holy Bible, nothing about the other statements reg. following.

"believers in Christ but must maintain complete personal secrecy until Jesus releases them to confess.!!?....:0" - This is based on Jesus' timing of when HE takes away the veil on the eyes of the Jews. You read that it will happen in one moment (1) all at once, but you think it will not exactly happen that way? Ok I understand you have a contrary opinion. Your only problem is you call him " very Opinionated". I understand you've been to Israel a few times as well, and did not have this experience. Well, maybe you should send him an email and exchange experiences, he is very interesting to talk with. I actually did'nt get half of what he says 10 years ago, but today I am able to fully understand him. That's why I said to keep this podcast on file, there will be a time for it to understand for everyone.

2012/7/1 19:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy