SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I've been censored, i am NOW at peace with it.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
ArtB

New York

Re:

Evertosame writes: "That said though, when you use the "I just believe what Paul believes" card, you automatically make the presumption, that anyone who does not agree with your personal interpretation of the doctrine of "predestination and election" (those with opposing views very well believe in these as well, just define them differently than yourself) has somehow departed from Apostolic precedent, and is believing something counter Scriptural. By saying this you honestly leave the opposing side no other option than to take it exactly the way it comes across; IE "The Apostle Paul sides with me, and you've gotten your doctrine from somewhere extra-Biblical".

And

"It's just a little dagger that we use to give our argument that needed bit of "oomph".

"Don't agree with me? Fine. You don't agree with the Bible either."

You see what I'm getting at?"

Yes, I was wrong to write this. My only defense is that I wrote near 3:00 AM, I have a mental handicap, and I did not catch this mis-statement. I am rarely a rude person, but I do make mistakes with words I use.

To begin with, I never said nor implied Paul agreed with me, I said I agreed with what he wrote. And I quoted exactly what Paul said. I did not arrive at my belief because I joined a modern day cult that taught that. My belief was based on Scripture.

For instance, and using a different topic so as to avoid of sneaking into our conversation a defense of the other topic that you disagree with. For instance:

John 14:6
Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

I believe that Jesus is the way, and the truth, and the life. Why, because these are the words that Jesus spoke, as recorded in our Bible. It is not a matter of my personal interpretation. And I believe what the Aposlte Paul writes.

Again: John 1:29-32

29 The next day he *saw Jesus coming to him and *said, “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! This is He on behalf of whom I said, ‘ After me comes a Man who [has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.’ 31 I did not recognize Him, but so that He might be manifested to Israel, I came baptizing in water.” 32 John testified saying, “I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him.

What is the 'Lamb of God' who takes away sin. Every Jew would know the lamb what takes away their sins annually, an unblemished lamb known as the Paschal Lamb, whose blood is is taken annually into the Holies of Holies where God dwells, and the High Priest pours the blood into the Ark of the Covenant, where the blood covers the Stone Tablets of the Mosaic Covenant, and that blood causes God to turn away from killing His people for another year for breaking their Covenant with Him.

And as Christians know, Jesus is THE PASCHAL LAMB of God who takes away the sins of the world. And Jesus IS our Paschal Lamb. We are saved by the blood covering of all our sins, past, present, and future. There is no longer need for another sacrifice for forgiveness of all our sins.

Why do I believe I am destined to be in Heaven, because I have accepted the blood atonement of Jesus Christ that washes away all my sins - past, present, and future, That He chose me, and I have responded to His call by confessing publically that Jesus is my LORD and Savior. And I, Like all Christians, have the indwelling Holy Spirit in me who works God's will in me, and as a pledge that I now belong to God and will be with Him in the ressurection of saints.

Or, rather than writing all of the above, I could have said, 'I beleive God, His word, and His WORD.' (EDIT: But nobody would not have known what I meant by that. LOL!!!

2012/6/29 13:27Profile
ArtB

New York

Re:

by KrispyKrittr on 2012/6/29 4:00:14 wrote:

"I'm almost to 8,000 posts since 2005. I'm retiring at 8,000."

On your 8,000th post, we are all going to talk about you. LOL

2012/6/29 14:25Profile
ArtB

New York

Re:

by Blayne on 2012/6/27 22:11:24

"So, please ArtB, like Member 'Approved' has said: "we need you to be here". "

Why???

Do my posts make your posts really seem to be that much better? :)

2012/6/29 14:31Profile

Re:

Uh Krispy you really going to retire after 5 post?

Bear.

2012/6/29 14:33
ArtB

New York

Re:

by thingsabove on 2012/6/27 17:36:32

Thanks John for sharing and your kind sentiments.

2012/6/29 14:34Profile
ArtB

New York

Re:

Approved

Let me make this clear, I sincerely have very high regards for Greg.

I will refrain from listing his many great attributes, I would not want Greg to bang his head against the ceiling every timen he stands up. LOL!!!Ha ha ha!

Thanks for sharing, Approved.

2012/6/29 14:46Profile
ArtB

New York

Re:

TMK,

My beef with you is not that you disagreed with me. What bothered me most was your Appeal to pity, a well known Sophistical defense.

However, my love for you is unconditional. And it would bring me joy that God blesses you, always.

2012/6/29 15:00Profile

Re:

Dear Brother Art, I definitely can testify that I have never seen you get "rude" - as you stated in your post - That is true.

If I could just tell you the place where I disagree with your wording - is when you state that you have a "mental handicap".
Brother, I would not word it that way. You're a brillant man that has "a 'physical' impairment that 'intermittently' weakens you cognitively."
Big difference in how these descriptions can be interpreted by non-medically literate folks.

Bless you!

2012/6/29 15:10

Re:

Good to see you still here Art

God bless

2012/6/29 15:25
ArtB

New York

Re: The nature of Dogma..the Cal/Arm war.

i have deleted this post. I do not know where I saw the phrase 'nevermore'. I apologize to BrotherTom for ascribing to him what he did not write. And I mean that sincerely.

2012/6/29 15:31Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy