SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : New Book: Killing Calvinism

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

Praise God for solitary confinement and those who are far richer for that experience. As Wormbrabdt, so Bunyon, has left us many treasures. Many given by dreams and visions as he was in solitary confinement in prison. For that matter many of Paul's letters were written from prison.

Of seminary refinement. Men sitting under men. Of solitary confinement. Men sitting under God. No comparison.

Bearmaster.

2012/6/29 10:13

Re:

This is the other half of my post that you didn't quote, Koheleth ...

""The Word of God is "spirit", it's "alive", it's powerful as Jesus used The Word against Satan during the temptation.
It's more than just "the truth about the truth".
Jesus 'is' The Word of GOD - so His Word is GOD'S WORD and GOD's Word has the power to accomplish whatever He desires and doesn't go out void. There is Power in His Word and of course you know the many verses that go along with this one - Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Saying that The Word of GOD is just the truth about the truth does not come out as it should to those that don't know the Power of His Word and the fact that it's Living.

It makes The Word sound like 'just' a book.

I'm sure if Richard Wurmbrand could rephrase what he wrote, that he would, now.

Love in Him.""

I've seen people use this statement or some similar statement to say that GOD's Word is not Divinely Inspired - "was just written by falible men" - "has no power" and that we need to use other "tactics" against the enemy 'besides' His Word, even though The Word was ALL that Jesus used against Satan.
We've had the debates here already about whether GOD's Word is "innerant" and believe me - there is a way to word one's opinion of The Word that lessens it's Authority and I stand by what I've said about what Wurmbrand wrote.

I believe that the sermon link at the bottom of my signature says it best and why I feel it's spiritually essential to have the most accurate definition of HIS Word than any other view that we may hold - for it's our only source of proving out what is False or false doctrines that kill people spiritually.

I will never put a man's words above HIS WORD - as some seem to do, even with our dear Brother Wurmbrand -- and that he would agree with. I've read at least 10 of his books and do believe that he sees his own flesh NOW, where he is - before GOD.

NO "man of GOD" would ever allow anyone to put a their words above His Word, nor desire any glory that takes away from HIS - The Word of GOD made flesh.

Psalm 138:2 .... for Thou hast magnified Thy word above all Thy Name.

[caps-emphasis only]

2012/6/29 12:25
ArtB

New York

Re:

Quoting rbanks words in the parenthesis

"I will still believe that there are "doctrines of men" meaning teachings that are not inspired by God."

"Matthew 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

Jesus addressed these words to His fellow Jews, who signed on to the Mosaic Covenant that they made with God with the sprinkling of blood while shouting 'Yes, this we will do.", and which was about to be annihilated upon the death of Jesus.

"Mark 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

Jesus addressed these words to His fellow Jews, whose Mosaic Covenant they signed onto with God with the sprinkling of blood while shouting 'Yes, this we will do.", was about to be annihilated upon the death of Jesus.

"Colossians 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?"

Let's expand the context of what Paul wrote:

Colossians 16-23

16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ. Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind, and not holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God.

20 If you have died with Christ to the elementary principles of the world, why, as if you were living in the world, do you submit yourself to decrees, such as, Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch!” 22 (which all refer to things destined to perish [with use)—in accordance with the commandments and teachings of men? These are matters which have, to be sure, the appearance of wisdom in self-made religion and self-abasement and severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence."

23 These are matters which have, to be sure, the appearance of wisdom in self-made religion and self-abasement and severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence."

-----

Context here is Paul addressing Christians to avoid taking upon themselves burdens and or ideas that come from Jewish traditions, or pagan practices. It is essential that our thoughts be Christ centered. In prayer and sincereity we ought to seek out the guidance of the indwelling Holy Spirit before we rush to any Judgement. And we speak, we wish to speak what is actually true, in the spirit of love.

Ummmm.

Hey all, uh, - I see you looking at me. Well, uhm, I'm trying, I'm trying.

2012/6/30 10:02Profile

Re:

Paul writes that we see but as a poor reflection in a mirror. Or seeing through a glass darkly. What Kohlbeth has written concerning seminary refinement verses solitary confinement is quite true. We can sit behind our key boards, in air conditioned comfort and pass judgement on what saints in prison have written. I imagine we could pick apart Bunyon or Watchman Nee as their writings came from prison. Yet they experienced Christ in a way that very few of us ever will. So when they write I am sure it is not with the theological sophistication of a Calvin or Owen. But they write as having been in the presence of Jesus himself. And indeed they have.

So why would we want these precious saints to altar the treasures that they have received from Jesus himself. All for the sake of correct theology. For I find in these saints, in their writings the fragrance of Jesus himself. Perhaps that in their solitary confinement they are near the sweetness of the cross of Jesus.

Breaux Bear.

2012/6/30 10:45

Re: New Book: Killing Calvinism

Lysa is this book against Calvinism? If it is, I want to read it. I've been on the fence of the two subjects far too long and I have always had problems with agreeing with John Calvin. Perhaps this book will set the record straight. It would be interesting to find out.

2012/6/30 10:50
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Is there a book out called "Killing ...isms"? If so, I would invest in buying it.

I agree with this statement we truly need to focus especially on this site on Christ, His person and scriptures alone and not on all the "ism"s men make from them. On this website we have asked and continue to ask people not to contribute or start divisive threads on the subject of calvinism or arminism. Of course we can talk about other scripture topics that are covered in these systems but we encourage the saints not to address these systems because they do bring division.

One of the purposes of these forums is to bring unity to the body of Christ and let believers to come together from all different backgrounds to encourage each other and edify and uplift each other. And also to learn from each other.

here is a note from the about us page: https://www.sermonindex.net/about.php

Q. Does SermonIndex have a certain denominational emphasis?
Answer. No. SermonIndex desires to be a expression of the apostolic church found in Scriptures (Book Of Acts). It is a inter-denominational ministry with 100's of different denominations and ministries involved. Revival, Holiness, Authenticity, and a genuine experience of Biblical Christianity is core the values of this ministry. We believe that the Church of Jesus Christ is larger than any one denomination or group, and that Christ has His love slaves in many different sections of the visible church in many different parts of the world.

I am locking this thread and ask similar threads on these subjects would not be opened on these forums.

2012/6/30 12:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy