SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Flesh vs the Spirit

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

The Flesh vs the Spirit

"For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish."(Galatians 5:17) NKJV.

What do you believe that verse is talking about? It seems to me that there is a war going on inside all of us as Christians. Sometimes the Spirit wins when we yield to Him and obey the Lord, and sometimes the flesh wins we give in to it. Any thoughts?

2012/6/25 14:31Profile
proudpapa

Re: The Flesh vs the Spirit

Hi Oracio great topic, I likewise was trying to start a thread on the same subject with no response so far. I tryed one a couple of weeks ago on how to hear Gods voice,I only had a couple of responses. Yet When I start a thread challenging people strong held theolgy traditions I get so many hits that I can not keep up with them all.

The Flesh or the Sarx is a well needed study
I believe there is a well excepted missunderstanding that sarx in its self is sin, There is a problem with that understanding Christ came in the Sarx, yet he had no sin. The sarx never ruled his life he was always yielded to the Spirit.

Oracio, lets start out by asking what is it to walk after the Spirit?

2012/6/25 16:01Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Hi proudpapa. I will start by admitting I am no Greek scholar and have no theology degree or any other degree for that matter. I consider myself a babe in Christ in many areas and have much to learn. I believe to walk in the Spirit is to yield to Him in obedience. It is conducting ourselves in such a way so as to please the Lord. It is abstaining from any form of sin. It seems pretty simple and clear to me.

2012/6/25 16:09Profile
proudpapa

Re: Oracio

Hi Oracio, we do not need to be greek scholars to listen to God actualy the Bible clearly tells us that we need to beware of the scribes. What we do have is an unction an anointing , Christ with in us that teaches us all things 1 John ch 2 v 20 "But ye have an (unction)(same as anointing) from the Holy One, and ye know all things"
1 John ch 2 v 27
27 But the (anointing) which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same (anointing) teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him

James ch 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

and as far as Greek goes we have a Strongs and the context of the other greek words to give us the definition.

RE: Oracio wrote /I believe to walk in the Spirit is to yield to Him in obedience It is conducting ourselves in such a way so as to please the Lord. It is abstaining from any form of sin. It seems pretty simple and clear to me./

How do we hear what He wants us to be obidient to. remember Romans ch 7 v 6 "But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter"
so just reading the Bible and trying to keep the rules to be pleasing to God is not walking aftert he Spirit it actually is walking by the flesh.

How do you believe that we hear Gods voice??

2012/6/25 16:30Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

hi proudpapa, since I do not have much time at the moment to do much dialogue on here, I will let you share your views on the questions you have asked, and on the question I posed at the start of the thread.

2012/6/25 18:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy