SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why are Reformed/Calvinist Preachers.......

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
FaithALONE

Why are Reformed/Calvinist Preachers.......

such as John Piper (he was a featured sermon alittle while ago), John MacArthur, Paul Washer, etc highlighted on Sermon Index - when their biblical beliefs are not held by this site?

Why do men like Spurgeon, Whitefield, Edwards, etc have their writings on this site?

I am curious because those men (alledgedly) believe in the predestination where God only saves certain men, they believe that those God saves will never be lost to hell (eternal security of the believer).

Spurgeon, Whitefield, Edwards, etc believed it was heresy to say that one could "lose their salvation" because they fell into sin, or however you wish to put that.

I am asking this question because I have thought this for years concerning Sermon Index but never asked. Clarity on this would be appreciated.

2012/6/24 12:44Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re: Why are Reformed/Calvinist Preachers.......

All these men you have mentioned also have a history of fellowship with men who are not calvinist and received them as brothers.

2012/6/24 13:47Profile

Re: FauthALONE

Sermon Index is a resource to promote Christ-centered revival at the personal and corporate level. It us not a place to advocate a particular doctrinal position. Thus is why CalArm post or threads are discouraged by the moderators. Such threads are divisive and do not edify.

Regrettably I have posted such threads and repent. I believe the upcoming SI conference will shift our minds and hearts over to what is really important. Namely JESUS.

Caps are emphasis only.

Bearmaster.

2012/6/24 14:02
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Reformed though they were, God mightily used these men, and continues to use them. If Jesus Christ can see fit to live in the hearts of these men, then I gladly accept them. Their vision was ultimately the same as the purpose of this site, to glorify God and cause dead men to live.

If anybody thinks this site exists to promote only the messages of those who are of a Wesleyan/Pentecostal background, then they've not understood the purpose of this site.

2012/6/24 14:07Profile
learn

Because each of these people have good sermons and good lives that can help Christians (irregardless of denomination). The different biblical beliefs and individuals may help/bring comfort to some who may not find comfort in other beliefs/people. God uses different people with different thinking and flaws to reach different types of people to bring them to Christ and keep them in the faith.

To limit the site to preachers whose beliefs are held only on this site, is basically to tell God that I'm doing it my way.

2012/6/24 14:47Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
All these men you have mentioned also have a history of fellowship with men who are not calvinist and received them as brothers.

Amen that would be my answer. And also the fact that these great men of God did not ever become great because they held to doctrines of calvinism but rather because they knew God in a very intimate powerful way and have obeyed the Lord in their lives in a radical way.

The very person of Christ was their motivation and love.

2012/6/24 16:37Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

"And you are Christ's, and Christ is God's.", 1 Cor 3:23.

2012/6/25 2:13Profile
Anastasis

Re:

Quote:
Amen that would be my answer. And also the fact that these great men of God did not ever become great because they held to doctrines of calvinism but rather because they knew God in a very intimate powerful way and have obeyed the Lord in their lives in a radical way.

The very person of Christ was their motivation and love.

To that I say amen!

2012/6/25 19:51Profile
rbanks

Re:

It just goes to show you that God is greater in goodness toward man’s ignorance of not knowing Him and His ways. God can bring people to a saving knowledge and a relationship with Him and even call him and use him in spite of man’s ignorance of the deep things of God. We all only know in part but he puts it all together for His glory.

2012/6/25 20:55Profile

Re:

Quote:
It just goes to show you that God is greater in goodness toward man’s ignorance of not knowing Him and His ways. God can bring people to a saving knowledge and a relationship with Him and even call him and use him in spite of man’s ignorance of the deep things of God. We all only know in part but he puts it all together for His glory.

Wow... there is a lot of spiritual arrogance on this thread.

Krispy

2012/6/26 8:40

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy