SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : I'am a Backslider. What can i do to get close to Jesus again?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
brothagary

Re:

come reckon your selfs dead unto sin

come to a quite place ,and look ,,see the lord

he is hanging on the cross for us

see the blood

the pain

watch the scracrfice of the holy lamb

see how he offers him self to god for us

listen, hear the earth quake

and cry of the lamb
listen to the cords of sin break ,wile he screams

behold ,behold ,what he speaks
my god my god my whydid you have to for sake me

it is finished

he has broken the head of the snake

the propishiation ,the offering is compleat

the son has set you free

and you are free indeed

he has broken the power of sin over his people

truly this was the son of god

who was brusied for our iniquity
the chastisment of or peace was upon him
he bore our sins,listen to his pain
and by thsese strips we are heald

the cords of sin are gone

the leash of iniquity ,has been releasd

he has set you free from the leash of slavery

sin has not dominion over us

he condemed sin in the fleash

you are free ,he set you free

recken your selfs dead unto sin

sins dominion,was nailed to the cross

he who new no sin became sin
cursed is he who hung on the tree

the curse is left you ,,now you leave the curse on that tree

leave your old master ,on that cross

resiste the devil ,and he will flee from you

take the grain of mustard seed on thy lips

let it sprout and grow and fruit
confess the truth to one another

he set you free
indeed you are free

the cross has set you free
what was naid to the alter
beacme your freedom

rejoyce now in your liberty
wher sin abounded
grace abounded more

he set you free

step out from the old traps
dont let the traps in tangle you,you are allready free
you are a new creatour now
walk by faith
for i know my sheep
and they follow me
undure the narrow path ,that i made for you
and you are saved

no one is able to pluck you out of my hand

you have crusafied the flesh ,and it passions

listen to the screams of the flesh

there death has come
as a flower of the field passes away ,when i make the sun rise ,,the flower has been cut from you ,walk away now

dont hold onto ,a cut rose and look at its dieing atraction

walk now ,to the tomb ,behold ,and see im not there

iam vindacated ,so are you you ,come to me ,hold me

see that it is me ,but hold thy brothers by the hand ,and bring him to me ,,pull him away
from the roses ,,leave him not on the out skirts of the camp ,,lead him through the gate to my feet where i hung for you ,,forget your different doctrines ,like my two twin sons ,that i raised up for my sake and for your sake ,and remember my firsts furneral
and the spirit that was there that i gave for the bond of peace

and hold each ones hand with a brothererly kiss for a seconed

and look to me ,,remembering your self

and i shal lift you in my sancfication ,which i sangatfied you with,, touch not my libertys with all you heart

but touch my hands and feet ,and my side ,with all your stare ,,seperate your self for a season

and then you will know that i have seperated you for ever

seperated your self ,the season is come

and the season itself wil seperate you

it is the season for rain ,.

come and be washed in this new rain of old

blow the trumpet ,there is a wet season ,and a flood

this flood will only go down a narrow tribuatary ,this season

but the richness in the water ,will feed the trees ,and the trees will indeed bare fruit ,and the fruit will be stored in my barns ,and will feed the thoses thirsty ,in the dry season wich is near ,and thay shal ask and it will be givern ,,this will produce a different harvest ,from the last four ,,it will be my best fruit in the last miniute of my last hour of my last days ,

and behold this will prepare my way and make my paths strait ,,my propherts are coming,for i my self have raised
them before the world was ,and i will led them as i led you and you will surly know who are olive trees in the season to come ,,,,

now i call you ,all,, to repent ,and i do no your works , even my propherts ,and my pastors

all of you at this time shall repent

and hear what your evalasting father is saying to you

listen to me ,as you are my children ,,and i have some things more for all of you

some shall do the first works
and other shal you do the works that you hav never done yet

and even my weak waywould son whom i speak through this miniute,,he must dig verry deep and repent and do works he has never done and bare fruit of deep repentance ,and prove his love to me

my grace is sufishent

and i will suply according to need

this is what the lord is saying to you

my word is in you

and in your mouth

listen to what the spirit is saying to you tonight

2012/6/24 7:02Profile
roadsign

Re:

Just curious, Daniel,
Have you had a chance to listen to any of the sermon audios I posted on page one - about having a clean heart. If so, how well did Rev. O'neil address your particular situation, and how do his words impact you at this point?

Diane

2012/6/24 7:45Profile
Sree

Re: daniel

Quote:

Thank you for your prayers and posts. Everybody tells me that I should not fight in my power. But what does that mean exactly? For example, I smoke, and I think the Holy Spirit tells me, "If you smoke and do not want to stop then you are living in sin" Am I to wait until God does a miracle and I no longer smoke?

Christian life is not a theoretical life, where you just read and believe that it should be true. It is a practical life and you can experience what you read. Since I was one of those who told you earlier that you need to depend on God to fight, I will take this responsibility to answer the above quoted question.

When we are born again we receive the Holy Spirit, it is practical, I received and you too received him and that is why you proclaimed that Jesus Christ is Lord. The main purpose of Holy Spirit is to bring conviction of Sin (John 16). And you have experienced it saying I got conviction to Leave smoking. Now you have to repent from Smoking when you received this conviction, which means to quit smoking and turn to God. Repentance is 180 degree turn. This is a step that you take. But this repentance does not mean that you will not be tempted, may be within next 5 mins (assuming you are a chain smoker- worst case scenario) you will be tempted again to smoke.
Now you have 2 choices, either you can fight this temptation by your own strength and lose the battle OR seek God for help. Now if you turn to his direction for Strength, he will give it to you for sure, it is his promise based on 1 Corinthians 10-13:-
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

God has already provided a way out for you in every temptations that you face, it is like the exit signs that you see in a building, but you will see it only when you look above. If you look into your self to find a way to exit you will not see it.

If the building that you are visiting gets caught in fire, will you relay on your own ability to find the exit? No right, you will look up to see the exit signs. Sin is much greater than fire because it can lead your soul to permanent destruction in Hell.

2012/6/24 8:07Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Daniel, I have been there before. Brother let me tell you a few things that will probably go against the grain here, that personally helped me. Daniel there is no such thing as you "backsliding", that even sounds terrible, terrible enough for some it can hold some under condemnation. What you have done is fell out of fellowship with Christ. Daniel hundreds of sermons, and 5 books later, I was still at the same place,what I did was, keep my distance from "man" and gave it all to God. Night and Day 24/7 I keep in Prayer, I literally walked and talked to God, I went to sleep and woke up Praying, 100% of my focus was on him, man means well, but man can't fix you, only God can do that. I know we all are sincere in sharing what we think might help you, but books and sermons can be confusing when we are out of fellowship with God, but trust me God is spot on, never any confusion. Daniel, God wants you to put him first and foremost, books can't heal and sermons can't heal, but God can, Brother go to the "healer" first, he wants you to do this, after all who knows more about Daniel than God? no one. Brother, again I am only telling you what I had to personally do, that has brought me closer than I have ever been to the Lord in my life, I do intake some of mans thoughts, but I let God do the filtering.
God Bless you Brother in Jesus name, he wants you back in fellowship with him, he loves you more than any human mind could ever imagine, he is right in front of you with his arms wide open. Daniel no one has gone anywhere, he said he would never leave you or forsake you, Daniel you can't leave God, because everywhere you go he is still there, and he will always be. Daniel, he is there, he is waiting now, go to him, make him your life.
God Bless
Brother Bill

2012/6/24 10:13Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Daniel, the Holy Spirit is nearer to you than you think. He produced in you the will to create this thread. It is His influence which drives your heart - though encompassed with strongholds - to seek God for liberation.

God allows His children to stray brother to teach them the value of the Holy Spirit's voice. He'll let you drift further and further away in the tides of sin. You'll eventually come to your senses and discover you're in over your head and can't swim back to shore. What to do when you reach this point?

The answer is absolutely nothing. You can't do anything; if you try to come back to God, the stronghold arises and blocks your passage. The stronghold is like a huge octopus beneath the surface of the ocean. It grabs the legs of your spirit-man when it tries to swim back to God. Having correct theology won't stop the octopus; neither will listening to sermons or reading books. Reciting scripture only temporarily stirs water and makes a big commotion, but also is not able to break the stronghold.

You need to understand that you are trapped in your mind. Your mind was the entry point through which the powers of darkness were able to lead you off shore. Once you trifle with sin, you're trapped. At once you start drifting, and the powers and principalities have a legal right to torment you. You cannot liberate yourself from them. It is a spiritual problem that cannot be fought through the flesh or psychology. God alone must deliver.

The fact that you are troubled over your backsliding and have begun to resist the tides is a sign that the Holy Spirit is brooding over the waters. What do you do now that the brooding has begun?

Sink like Jonah. Continue to cry out to God. Stop trying to do things that you think will help God help you. Nothing through your own willpower can conjure any merit to aid in your deliverance. If it could, you would have found grounds for boasting and an "escape hatch" for the next excursion. The truth is that you are totally helpless, and a helpless man can do nothing but remain still and know that God is God.

Do not doubt His love your you, Daniel. Even in the midst of all your failure. The greatest of saints have known the greatest of depths, the darkest of nights.

Hang in there, dear brother. The Lord is near. Breathe worship unto Him, remain still, have patience, and experience His wondrous salvation, though for now it seems to tarry.

Have faith in God.

Brother Paul

2012/6/24 10:28Profile
danieljesus9

Re:

Hello all

My English is not so good. Thanks for all your responses. I need some time to read and respond. Thank you very much

2012/6/24 11:40Profile

Re:

Dear Brother Daniel,

We use a lot of fancy words on here to describe something only God can do through you. Words like, "Just let it go and let God".

Think back to the time when you first got saved. What happened in those days?

Revelation 2:5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

"Do the first works". It means do what you did the first time you came to the Lord.

What did you do first? You were convicted, you felt that you were a sinner, these first ones your feeling now. Now capitalize on it and repent. Just start crying out to the Lord for salvation. Get on your hands and knees and start wailing.

Your going to feel like nothings happening, your going to feel like it's no point. Stay on your knees and keep going don't listen to those feelings besides the flesh is against you anyway of course it doesn't want you to pray.

Now about your sin. Sin has a purpose, it will either harden you or drive you to God. In your case it's driving you to God, which is good. We've all been there at some point so your not alone. But it's how you look at sin that has destroyed your image of what God is.

God loves you, lets get that straight out of the way. If God can love you while in the world without Him, He will love you much more now being in the commonwealth of Jesus Christ. Your perception of Him has been marred that if your sinning then God must be angry with you so you have a hard time going home to Him. The whole idea of grace is so that you can come to God freely because we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. It doesn't say we have peace with God through you or I, the scriptures proved that it was not possible to go that way, so Christ comes to do what man could not do through his fallen nature.

So we understand that we have peace with God through our Lord. So God is not mad at you my friend, He is however a lovely Father so He will put you through some hard knocks to knock out the garbage that keeps us doing what we have a hard time giving up.

Is it hard? You betcha! At first though, but it gets easier as you go along. It's only hard because we've been used to walking after the flesh, but when you begin to walk after your true nature, the Spirit than it gets easier.

We are creatures of pleasure, we want our fix whenever we want it and we get antsy when we can't have it. But you have to want God more than that to over come it.

To over come a sin, it's going to take more than reading the bible and hearing sermons. Read the bible yes, listen to sermons yes, but don't put your faith there, is what I am trying to say. Many people have gone this route only to live a life in the closet and be something else in public because they were told that by doing this they would be able to be free from their habitual sin. What your going to need is;

1) A love for God
2) A desire to overcome
3) Perseverance temptation when it comes on you.

Number One, if you love God your going to pray to Him even if you've sinned. Every time you do sin, give praise to God for the sin. Yes, you heard me. "Give thanks in all things for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning us". The Devil wants to condemn you in your sin, but turn it around and offer the praise to God for it because Christ our sin bearer took all sins upon Himself. Give your sin back to Christ, it does not belong to you. Jesus alone knows how to deal with it,, we do not, so don't hold unto something that is not yours.

Number Two, if you love God and your praying your going to want to please Him, so you will overcome. YOU WILL overcome. Get that into your spirit. If you love God, and your praying, YOU WILL OVERCOME.

Number Three, Persevering when being tempted. At your beginning, you like myself probably didn't have anyone to tell you about how to deal with temptation. We got a lot of theology, but no experience.

God loves you, lets keep believing that. He is there for your good, so just settle it in your heart that that is fact that will never go away. Temptation comes to prove you and I. If the Son of God Christ our Lord was tempted be sure that you and I will be too. He endured because He loved God and only wanted to please Him which meant obeying what He says.

At first when you begin to do the first works and you start to do something that seems awkward and foreign to our way of thinking, you may fall a few times but keep moving toward God. Don't allow a setback or a sin, or condemnation to keep you away from God. Only God knows how to deal with sin, you do not, give it back to the one who took your sins upon Himself, you have no right to keep it so give it to Him.

I find that when I am in the throes of temptation that saying the name of Jesus has quelled the urge of whatever it is I am being tempted in.

When Christ was driven into the wilderness to meet head on with Satan, Satan used the word of God to tempt the word of God (if you can imagine), but as the twisted word was coming out of Satan, the pure word of God was going back which irritated Satan to no end. He tried three times and couldn't stand it anymore and took off. Satan can't stand it when we resist Him. The more we resist in one thing, he will leave and come and tempt us in another area of our life but on a different level. That will go on till the day we die. Even Christ was tempted on the cross. "If thou be the Son of God, come down off the tree and we'll believe". Satan didn't give up even till His death, but when He died, Satan lost.

So you see, we are on the winning side. As Christ has overcome, so are you because you are in Him.

Don't let your sin keep you from coming to God. Always come to God even if you've sinned. Keep coming to Him.

2012/6/24 14:21

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy