SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Critical spirit

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
proudpapa

Critical spirit

The Lord has broke the Chains of some very strong sins in my Life, Sins that had more power over me than I had strength, and I am very thankful and Greatful for that.

An area that is still in need of great improvement in my Life is in the area of having a critical spirit, I find it much harder to detect when it is springing up than other sins, because It often times disguises its self as a godly
discernment. And I believe that we need a lot of Godly discernment, But a critical spirit goes beyond that, it is pride and it robbes the Love out of our hearts for others and it robbes the peace of God from our hearts.

2012/6/19 1:45Profile
live4jc

Re: Critical spirit

I'm in the same boat, brother. I'll be praying for you. Please pray for me about this.

In Jesus,
John

2012/6/19 6:39Profile

Thank you for bringing this topic up or I should say this sin up.

Everyone who is anyone in the Christian faith will fall victim to this at some point in their lives anyone who denies this is fooling themselves.

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

2012/6/19 7:03
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
An area that is still in need of great improvement in my Life is in the area of having a critical spirit, I find it much harder to detect when it is springing up than other sins, because It often times disguises its self as a godly
discernment. And I believe that we need a lot of Godly discernment, But a critical spirit goes beyond that, it is pride and it robbes the Love out of our hearts for others and it robbes the peace of God from our hearts.

This is a tremendous subject. What scriptures speak about this sin in our lives. And exhortations that help encourage us to overcome this sin?

2012/6/19 10:12Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
proudpapa wrote:
An area that is still in need of great improvement in my Life is in the area of having a critical spirit, I find it much harder to detect when it is springing up than other sins, because It often times disguises its self as a godly discernment. And I believe that we need a lot of Godly discernment, But a critical spirit goes beyond that, it is pride and it robbes the Love out of our hearts for others and it robbes the peace of God from our hearts.

Amen brother to your last sentence! I offer another take on criticalness and that is the Lord has shown me that what “Lisa” has to say is worth nothing on the scales of eternity and that “my” opinion can and usually will only make matters worse.

It has been the Lord that has brought me to this place by having a few critical people in my life. I can’t fight criticalness with criticalness because my criticalness would have to be on a more grander scale to get their attention (i.e. meaner and more severe) and I just can’t go there; I must fight it with learning to keep my mouth shut IN LOVE (Christ’s love) and that Love is showing me the better way.

Now, am I perfect at this? Absolutely not!! But practice makes perfect one day, hopefully sooner than later! Praise God I now know which direction I’m heading and WHY I’m headed there... for the glory of the King, not what I think.

God bless you brother!
Sister Lisa

PS: I wanted to give God all the praise due His name for bringing me out of many entangling sins as well.

**** edited for better clarity of understanding and tried to make it more general in nature.

2012/6/19 13:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy