SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Son of Hamas Speaks at Israeli Parliament, talks of peace

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Trekker

northern USA

Son of Hamas Speaks at Israeli Parliament, talks of peace

'Son of Hamas' Visits Israeli Parliament

Mosab Hassan Yousef, also known as the 'Son of Hamas,' addressed the Knesset Monday as the guest of Deputy Minister Ayoub Kara

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/157002#.T9-e_rVYvtA

Hmmm. Interesting he never mentioned Christ as "the solution", but then who knows what he was thinking or referring to...

May be someone to watch, as it will be interesting to see what comes of this- and him- in the future...

2012/6/18 17:45Profile

Re: Son of Hamas Speaks at Israeli Parliament, talks of peace

The last thing he would do is mention Christ as a solution in the Knesset. That is a slap in the face to Judaism and Muslims alike, one has to tread carefully when diving in these kinds of waters. The idea is to win Jews and Muslims not create a wedge at the onset. Jesus would have him be wise as a serpent yet harmless as a dove. It's not always convenient to mention Christ at every whip stitch, once a person is credible and becomes known as one who embraces peace and stability in the region he may or may not mention Christ publicly. Many politicians practice their faith without mentioning Jesus, but He is there with them and when asked they will speak privately about their faith.

2012/6/18 19:56
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Hmmm. Interesting he never mentioned Christ as "the solution", but then who knows what he was thinking or referring to...

Trekker, you may find it helpful to view other youtube clips of Yousef. There are many. I just watched some. He does explain his convictions clearly elsewhere, and I think you will see that he is not compromising in his faith! He mentions Jesus' name frequently.

On the other hand, there are plenty of professing Christians who boldly say “Jesus is the way” but they have little evidence in their own lives. Saying the name in itself is meaningless. One might simply be taking the Lord’s name in vain – and have little evidence of proof. Do you think this is true for Yousef? I don’t.

I’d say that Approved raises a valid comment: the need for consideration of others. Omitting the name of Jesus need not be a case of being ashamed of the name – but of protecting that name and and protecting people. What will the mention of Jesus’ name in the public media conjure up in the listeners’ minds: What kind of Jesus? Will it be the Jesus who brings peace, unity, hope and Life - or the Jesus portrayed through much of historical and present day Christianity? Quite possibly the later. In that case saying the name may merely aggravate divisiveness.

Could it not be said that Yousef’s life, in itself, speaks the name of Jesus clearly and accurately?

Diane

2012/6/19 8:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy