Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Happy Father’s Day! by Bill Gothard

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Happy Father’s Day! by Bill Gothard

This is a day to celebrate a powerful ability that God has given to you! It is so effective that Satan complains about it. Because of it, Satan cannot damage your family or your possessions and cannot hinder God’s blessing in your life and finances.

When I was a boy, every morning my father would put this powerful protection in place—except for one unprotected day. It was a beautiful summer morning, but our family was in a hurry. We had to pack up the car and return home from an inspiring week at the Gull Lake Bible and Missionary Conference grounds in Michigan.

When we got to Paw Paw, Michigan, a bread truck slowed down in front of our car. My father attempted to drive around the truck. Suddenly, without any warning, the truck turned in front of us to make a delivery to a store.

In order to avoid an accident, my father swerved off the road and into a ditch. The undercarriage of our car was damaged, and we had to wait several hours while it was repaired.

When we finally arrived home at about 10 o’clock that evening, we had a meal together and my unsaved grandfather who had been with us said to my father, “Do you know why you had an accident today?”

My father said, “No,” and my grandfather said something that I will never forget: “You had an accident because you failed to pray a hedge around your car this morning.”

He was right! Every morning my father would pray a “hedge” around our family and our car. It was quite detailed: “O Lord, would you keep our car on our side of the road and other cars on their side of the road. Would you keep the air in the tires and protect us from any accident today?”

The power of praying a hedge of protection around your family and your possessions is revealed in the response of Satan regarding Job’s reverence of God: “Satan . . . said, Doth Job fear God for nought? Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land” (Job 1:9–10).

Today there are so many attacks on you, your family, and your assets that it would be a wise and important practice to ask God every morning to put His hedge of protection in place. For, “your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world” (I Peter 5:8–9).

With this hedge in place you will have an even happier Father’s Day!

2012/6/17 11:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy