SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Faith under Fire: Persecution of Christians in Baghdad - an inspiring message!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
roadsign

Faith under Fire: Persecution of Christians in Baghdad - an inspiring message!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh7lWu3ZqdY&feature=related

This youtube message by Canon Andrew White at Wheaton College is absolutely stunning. White is the priest of the Anglican Church in Bagdad - a church that has undergone severe persecution.

The topic of persecution can be so heavy. But when it is presented through a man such as this person -a true believer who has endured the thick of it, then we find ourselves actually strengthened and encouraged. For me, this message (along with other info about Andrew White) shatters my negativity on so many fronts - because here I see how God can use any of it - these aspects of Christianity that we can be so negative about: church traditions, rituals, clerical labels, certain popular Christian song writers.... and a lot more. Here we get a broader picture of God in human affairs - notably IRAQ!

I hope some of you will join me in learning more about the "Vicar of Baghdad" - Andrew White - who has been an influence for Christ's peace in the high places. You can find books and video clips on the Internet..... that we may together grow more hopeful and joyful in our outlook.

Jesus is still Lord!!!

Diane

2012/6/16 17:43Profile

Re: Faith under Fire: Persecution of Christians in Baghdad - an inspiring message!

Thank you for posting this.

2012/6/18 20:16

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy