Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Lying

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ArtB

New York

Re:

Are there not circumstances when lying is the right thing to do?

Edit: I'm not trying to be contrary, but there are real legit times when lying is neccessary.

I do understand that it is wrong when lies cause suffering and pain, but speaking the truth can also cause needless pain and suffering. The Jewish Midrash addresses when it is right to tell a lie.

Truth, like lying, can be merciless and destructive.

2012/6/16 0:03Profile

Re:

His Sheep Know His Voice and won't follow another.

We need to Know His Voice Now.

Then: Mar 13:11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

I don't believe He needs our brain to figure things out.

2012/6/16 0:09

Re:

double post

2012/6/16 0:09
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: ArtB

Quote:
Art wrote:
Truth, like lying, can be merciless and destructive.

Truth when given without love is merciless and destructive. It's like the "letter kills but the Spirit gives life" scripture; depends on who is wielding the sword.

God bless,
Lisa

2012/6/16 3:35Profile

Re:

Art, there was only your first sentence there when I replied and maybe you've misunderstood my reply.

Midrash is not The Word. It's the writings of men.

But the good news - what I tried to convey in my reply, was that The LORD will fill our mouths when that time comes & whenever we wait on Him.

Also, for those that feel that they have any type of brain damage - they are in better shape to depend on His Voice than those that use their own understanding - and it can be Him giving that person the words and learning complete dependence on His thoughts/answers by that way of life.

Depending on the Holy Spirit - when one feels they can't tell the truth because it will hurt or endanger someone is the absolute safest and most Biblical way to go - because only He is omniscient and not our own understanding/minds.

The Word doesn't address "when it is right to tell a lie" - but He does promise to "fill our mouths".

Most of us humans don't learn to trust in The LORD with all of our heart and lean not on our own understanding and in All our ways acknowledge Him so that He will direct our paths - or words, until something pushes us against a wall - as what Jesus meant in the verse I referred to. But it would also be better to know His Voice now, as John 10 states than to wait until it may be a matter of life or death of someone else.

We wait on Him because we can fully trust Him and not our own ingenuity or ideas.

Going beyond what is written [a book outside of His Word] is just as dangerous as speaking from our own self-confident minds and think that we'll always come up with the best 'lie' or judgment of a person or situation with a full-proof and safe answer without complete dependence on Him alone to fill our mouths.

Luk 12:11,12 And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say: for the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour [instant] what ye ought to say.

Luk 21:14,15 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: for I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

... which may very well protect others as well as be a witness from Him because He loves all those He brings into our lives. Even those that hate us.

2012/6/16 9:31

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy