SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : GAYS AND LESBIANS

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
moreofHim

Re: pride

Quote:
In this world we all want to be something and killing pride would mean we would have to become nobody (ouch) What do you think?

I know this is kind of getting off the subject of Homosexuality but....

Yes, it seems every person is born with this need to be "somebody". But if they are not taught that we are "somebody" important to God- and that is all that matters- then they'll seek it somewhere else. They'll seek to be important to others- in whatever way they can.

When i was driven by the need to be somebody important- i had to realize that being important and loved by the Lord was enough.

We all need to be willing to be "nobody" for God. To be His vessel to use however HE pleases.

Yet on the other hand- when we get to this point of accepting this- we need to also believe it's ok to "be somebody" for Him- if that is what he has called us to. if He has called us to do something publically (after we realize that we do not deserve it or we don't really desire it above just knowing Christ alone).

I don't know if that makes nay sense. I just mean there is a balance between humility and not wanting to get the spot light in anyway. That is the Lord's choice for us, not ours

In Him, Chanin/Shannon :)

2005/2/11 14:33Profile
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Re:

Ok figured I would way in.

Here it is, Homosexuals can be saved just Like I was from Drugs Etc...

There is Prophecy in the Bible that says in the last days men will have unnatural affections. Something like that.

Perversions are not formed in a Day, they are like buildings and the builder is Evil. The cornerstone for many Gays is Child molestation.

From this wicked attack the Demonic forces slowly build a Wall between God and the Homosexual.

Can Jesus break this Stronghold of Satan?

If you said No then you don't know him like I do.

Remember we have the Words to destroy strongholds by the Power of the Holy Spirit.

Pray for them because some are Christians and don't even know it.

Also go to www.repentamerica.com for some insight

2005/2/11 14:35Profile

Re:

Quote:
Think about this for a second. If you ever had a male dog, you know that they don't just mount other male dogs. They also mount sofas, and trees, and will mount the leg of your house guests if you're not careful. This is not homosexual behavior. This is auto-eroticism.

Holy cow Ron... you just described me before I got saved! LOL

Krispy

2005/2/11 14:41
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Quote:
Now... I have a personal belief, and that is that we are all have a penchant for some sort of sin more than another. In other words, some struggle with homosexuality, some struggle with lying. Some struggle with alcohol (that was me) and some stuggle with stealing. A lot of it has to do with the environment we grow up in. But either way, we all have some "thorn in our side".

Now in that struggle with whatever affliction it may be, what is God trying to get us to do? He wants us to remember that we are fallible but more importantly He wants us to RUN to Him. When Paul had that thorn in his flesh he sought God very diligently which is what God desires of us. That is the only way we can be freed from the affliction. It's purpose is to make us run to God but all to often the enemytakes hold of it and uses it to drive a wedge between us and God.

2005/2/11 14:51Profile

Re:

If homosexuality is genetic (in other words: natural) why does the Word of Creator God say this?

Ro:1:26-32 "For this cause God gave them up unto [b]vile affections[/b], for even their women did change the [b]natural[/b] use into that which is [b]against nature[/b]. And likewise also the men, leaving the [b]natural[/b] use of the woman, burned in their [b]lust one toward another[/b]; men with men working that which is [b]unseemly[/b], and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are [b]not convenient[/b]; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenantbreakers, [b]without natural affection[/b], implacable, unmerciful. Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."

I'm gonna solidify my position. I stated in an earlier post that I dont know if God ALLOWS people to be born gay... genetics or otherwise. Well, after reading scripture... I have to change my position and say that no one is born gay. The Bible says that "God gave them over to a reprobate mind". That means they knew it was wrong, but they refused to listen to God, so He let them have what they want... and the end result is death, unless before they stop breathing they repent of the sin of homosexuality.

Lord, let us all treat anyone who struggles with this sin with dignity and love... and may we be able to be your mouthpiece to convict them of Your Law, and bring them to repentence thru your Holy Spirit... Amen.

Krispy

2005/2/11 14:53
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
I believe this argument is simply an attempt to justify immoral behavior without really studying the issue closely.

and to great lengths we go to justify some of the things we do...I mean I think the fact that yone has to pull so much stuff out of one's butt to justify certain things is a sign...

2005/2/11 14:59Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
Yes, it seems every person is born with this need to be "somebody". But if they are not taught that we are "somebody" important to God- and that is all that matters- then they'll seek it somewhere else. They'll seek to be important to others- in whatever way they can.

true dat Chanin...We have to walk a fine line in all things concerning God it seems.May God grant us whatever it takes to do so.

2005/2/11 15:03Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
Lord, let us all treat anyone who struggles with this sin with dignity and love... and may we be able to be your mouthpiece to convict them of Your Law, and bring them to repentence thru your Holy Spirit... Amen.

AMEN to that

I have to dash people but I will be back on sunday some time, gotta rugby to road trip to make.

take care and God bless

2005/2/11 15:09Profile
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Re:

Should of added this; that it is also a nasty thing and those who do this are lost. Until they repent .... Like we all were lost.

Nasty as in it is a really sick act, and UNATURAL.
The Act Forces those who practice it to either imbrace it or feel shamed for it. Like I say below it is a sin that takes time to grow.

Here it is, Homosexuals can be saved just Like I was from Drugs Etc...

There is Prophecy in the Bible that says in the last days men will have unnatural affections. Something like that.

Perversions are not formed in a Day, they are like buildings and the builder is Evil. The cornerstone for many Gays is Child molestation.

From this wicked attack the Demonic forces slowly build a Wall between God and the Homosexual.

Can Jesus break this Stronghold of Satan?

If you said No then you don't know him like I do.

Remember we have the Words to destroy strongholds by the Power of the Holy Spirit.

Pray for them because some are Christians and don't even know it.

Also go to www.repentamerica.com for some insight

2005/2/11 15:11Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Quote:
God hates divorce, yet look how through the years of promoting divorce, it has been accepted by the vast majority of the Christian world. The Gay and Lesbian agenda will lead to the same manifestations.

I posted this article before. It bears witness to what you just stated.

http://newark.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/assay49.html

The thing is and many people get mad at me for pointing this out----Christians, that is----we have sanctioned adultery going on in MOST of the churches today, yet the majority of churches remain SILENT about unbiblical remarriages Jesus called adultery. Yes, many talk about divorce, and that God hates it, but ignore the bigger issue---unbiblical remarriage/adultery. We are filled with so much hypocrisy. The lost cannot help but call us on it. It seems to me that so many Christians are way too concerned about cleaning up the unsaved world(who are just doing what comes natural).

My husband saw this article at work (USA Today) and cut it out as he thought of me when reading it........on the topic of the Brad/Jen split. A writer states: "Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston split up. Big deal. I am gay and used to want the right to marry. Not anymore. I refuse to hear arguments any longer from heterosexuals who say that permitting me to marry would unravel the "moral fabric" of our country. Straight people have lost credibility when they argue that point, for how could the world's most beautiful couple, who seemed to have it all, ever possibly want a divorce?"

Should we call homosexuality what it is----a sin? Yes, absolutely, but let's not just stop there. Let's lay all the sins on the table and deal with them and purge ourselves from our own sins, so the world which is dying can see real LIFE come forth. When I see talk on homosexuality within the Christian community, there is such a ferociousness and lack of CHRIST'S love toward those who are perishing in this one sin. Dobson comes out against them, the American family Association comes out against them, etc, etc. All trying to "christianize" the world from the outside in. The change needs to take place on the inside, then the outside will change......I cannot help but see how unbiblical a mindset this is..........Blessings in Jesus, Cindy

2005/2/11 16:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy