SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Martyrdom Is A Sobering Subject by brother Greg

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

I agree with all of your words brother Greg. We must be able to embrace the God that would and could call us to Martyrdom. Now, one may never be called to actually be martyred, but can we modern western Christians really say that we could rejoice to be counted worthy to suffer for Jesus after being flogged? Its that attitude, that Spirit that is missing, perhaps that is the oil that is missing from the lamps of the five virgins amd of course when the trump sounds its too late to " purchase," that oil.........bro Frank

2012/7/1 14:13

Re:

I believe we need to follow The LORD's Time Table on what is to come.

He gave a 'chronological' order of how events will come and we must get through all that may very well precede actual persecution and martyrdom.

We need to read the events first of 7 Seals and also see that Jesus spoke chronologically also in Matthew 24 - as each verse begins with a "conjunction" just as the verses through-out The Revelation do.

We may live through wars, riots, famine, Hyper-inflation, pestilences before the persecution and those things are just as 'trying' as any persecution will be and we must be ready in every sense of that word to get through what the Seals speak of - and these verses - to the closing of Matt 24 as well -

Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Mat 24:9 'Then' shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

2012/7/1 14:27

Re:

I was thinking about the words of Jesus. He said do not worry about what to say when they arrest you. For your Father will tell you what to say at that very hour. Ultimately God will give us the grace to endure when martyrdom does cone.

Bearmaster.

2012/7/1 15:05

Re: SI Resources

Saints we may want to avail ourselves to some if the audio sermons on martyrdom Greg has put out on this site. I went browsing under search key martyrdom. Good stuff out there. Even by Tozer. We are blessed to have access to it.

Greg thank you for putting this stuff online. This site may be more of an encouragement to the persecuted before everything said and done.

Bear.

2012/7/1 15:30
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
Saints we may want to avail ourselves to some if the audio sermons on martyrdom Greg has put out on this site.

There is an excellent series of messages given at a missions conference by Josef Tson that cover various aspects of the theology of martyrdom, I highly recommend listening to them, here is a link to the first message of the series;

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=11439

In Christ,

Ron

2012/7/1 16:10Profile

Re: In The Light

I certainly want to listen to those. If memory serves I believe this brother was a contemporary, even a fellow prisoner with Richard Wormbrandt.

I just listened to a message by Denny Kenniston on The Coming Wave of Persrcution. It is on this site. I do not know how to get the link up but the message can no doubt be found by a search protocal for that title. He does focus on persecution coming to America. Very good to listen to.

Bear.

2012/7/1 17:20

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy