SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Carrie Underwood "Takes back the Wheel"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: " The church should absolutely be friendly to people who are involved in any kind of sin. That doesn't mean they should be friendly to the sin."==MRBILLPRO

I agree with you Brother. Love the sinner but NOT the sin, as they say.

Carrie Underwood and homosexuals think that homosexuality is all about "love". They don't realize that whatever "love" two practicing homosexuals may feel for each other is tainted with sexual LUST and is demonic in nature. And while it is never a sin to LOVE another person, sometimes we must love people FROM A DISTANCE, per God's law against adultery and homosexual sin.

2012/6/14 5:07Profile

Re: Carrie Underwood "Takes back the Wheel"

Unified thought among christians is very important. Being unified on what God has to say from His word is our contunual goal. This is not something that just happens. We must labor to submit to the renewing of our minds by the Holy Ghost and by His word.

I was surprised this morning when I logged onto Ray Comforts "On the Box" ustream channel to see the title of the latest episode, "Carrie Underwood takes back the wheel" Which is the title of this thread.

But we shouldn't be surprised.

Many who when first saw the article and are familiar with Carries trademark christian song thought the same thing,"Well looks like she's taking back the wheel of authority" Others however are still wrestling with the biblical position.

Here is a link to the blog entry itself,not the video.

http://www.onthebox.us/2012/06/carrie-underwood-takes-back-wheel.html

I think Ray and his team have put together a better presentation of this current subject than I could. I hope all will take the time to read it

2012/6/14 6:10

Re:

I hate to run the risk of being misunderstood or coming across strong and being mistaken as harsh, but here is the truth:
All likelihood is that Carrie Underwood never really gave over the wheel to Christ in the first place. You see, "There must be divisions(heresies) among you to show those that are approved manifest among you"
(I Corinthians 1:11), & "they went out from us, but they were not of us, they would (no doubt) have continued with us: but (they went out), that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us." (I John 2:19)
Is there any real fruit in her life that she was/is REALLY surrendured to the Cross, denying herself, taking up her cross daily and dying to herself & this corrupt world? We are so gullible (& undiscerning) that just because someone sings one song that mentions Jesus (in an otherwise whole repertoire of earthly, soulish albums full of songs), they are truly born again?
These days, We make, unfortunately, the same wrongful assumption even with many of the "worship leaders/bands" who stroll in like rock stars, jam the night away, mention Jesus or give an altar call with a "sinners prayer", and "rock the house" in a concert glory more to themselves than the Lord whom they sing about. Carrie Underwood probably (I don't know for sure, but have seen this pattern) didn't even write this song. Any mention of a cross in that song? Any mention of dying daily? Any quoting of scripture, which is the Word of God powerful to save? No, just "I have tried my way, it's not working out, here Jesus, you drive for a little while and let me see if that helps, and then I'll take the wheel back when you start pushing for that carrying your cross, denying yourself, dieting daily stuff".
If this surprised anyone, we really need to pray and ask the Lord where we are in our discernment (or lack of it) & ask the Lord "why are we so gullible?". The answer isn't in more study, more theology, more intellectual understanding, etc. The answer is in intimacy with Christ we gain spiritual discernment in His presence by His Spirit. This is a serious matter in the professing church in America today and better be dealt with before he coming days ahead.
"Test the spirits" is not some intellectual evaluation of what we think. Spiritual matters are only spiritually discerned by the spiritual man/woman who has been in the presence of the Lord. If you have been "about God", but not " in His presence" you need to find out what handfuls of idols you are holding keeping you from entering into the Holy place. Go place them on the altar, burn them up, praise God, and come into the throne of Grace with Boldness free from the love of this present world.
This may seem like a "rabbit trail" to some about the original post, but it isn't. It is a heart issue & crucial to grasp. It takes someone openly supporting homosexuality for some of us to discern they aren't genuine followers of Jesus? Really? I can hear crowds of undiscerning "Christians" crying out, "judge not lest thee be judged", when the Word of God says "the spiritual man judges all things", "take out the log in your own eye and then you can see clearly TO TAKE OUT THE SPECK IN YOUR BROTHERS EYE", "by their fruit YOU WILL RECOGNIZE THEM", "TEST THE SPIRITS TO SEE WHETHER THEY BE FROM GOD", etc. C'mon "church", if we were daily in His presence, letting God crucify the flesh and deal with the inner man daily, and in His Word, filled with the Spirit of truth who leads and guides us into all truth - we wouldn't even need the gift of discernment to see this before this kind of totally rotten fruit was revealed.

2012/6/14 9:06

Do we love things in the World? This shows fruit.

Many call themselves Christians. I think of Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, and Barack Hussein Obama , and of course the king himself, Elvis Presley, who sang many emotional Gospel albums, and all claim the Christian title.

I'm amazed at the influence over the church that so many famous people have, all because they claim to be of Him, no matter the fruit of their lives or their message.

As far as entertainers , actors and singers go, it appears that this acceptance and promotion of the sodomite is a prerequisite to being a star. Clooney and gang just raised $15 million in one night in Hollywood under this exact banner for our President's re-election who is running on legalizing same sex marriage. Perhaps this is what was in Underwood's mind when she publicized her attendance at this so called "church".

Churches that call themselves churches are often in name only. Also, like the Abortion issue; being a champion for the unborn does not make you a Righteous Christian; it just means you took a moral stance on an issue. The Roman Catholic "church" has done more social activism against it than all the rest of the world combined, and they surely do not carry His Word.

These folks, including Underwood, are of the world, and I see this as an act of exposing themselves as to what they really are; servants of the world and the flesh. Am I surprised or shocked? Sooner or later, the secrets of our hearts will be exposed by our life.

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world."

By denying the world, we are hated, and hopefully, will never be received by her.

"These things I command you, that ye love one another."

"If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

" If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you."

This is our hope.

2012/6/14 9:19

Re: Do we love things in the World? This shows fruit.

Brothertom one of the things you said,
"I'm amazed at the influence over the church that so many famous people have, all because they claim to be of Him, no matter the fruit of their lives or their message."

This is one of the reasons for pointing them out when they make "Public" stands for immorality.

Many christians are very friendly with the worldy entertainers. Many christians get caught up in the dillusion actors,in all their forms, portray.

We can so easily be swayed by these things which is worldy, carnal, and against God.

"1Jo 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

On and on scriptures could be quoted.

I feel for Carrie. She like so many others has compromised herself for the world. I do hope she repents and Gives the true God and Christ all glory!

(EDIT ADD) I have taken back from the wheel from Christ many times in my walk, to my shame. I have also had to repent for it and grow in grace! Carrie please do the same!

2012/6/14 17:17
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Amen thingsabove!

2012/6/14 17:51Profile

Re:

Hey oracio! Like your blog. Way to be faithfull preaching open air! Thanks also for the Leonard Ravenhill video on street meetings. I posted it on a thread here last week.
God bless you brother!

2012/6/14 17:58
Man0fG0d

Re:

Amen brother, beautifully said. The Bible said out of The abundance of the heartt the mouth speaketh. Carrie Underwood's support of homosexuality should be Of no surprise to anyone. The Bible says a double minded man is unstable in all his ways, and again thT sweet water an bitter water don't flow out of the same fountain. She showed her support for the world when she started singing country music and trying to mix Jesus into it. Jesus said you are either with me or against me, if you gather not with me then you scatter abroad. The Devil in Matthew 4 quoted Scripture but he is still the devil and is going to hell. The Bible said try the Spirits see whether they be of God. We know it's of God if it doeth righteousness even as he is righteous. It doesn't matther how many are raised from the dead, how good they can sing, preach, testify it if doesn't line up and act like God, it's not of God. We must pray for her salvation and for the ones that are deceived into thinking such people are Christians, Great Word brother.

2012/6/19 23:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy