SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Carrie Underwood "Takes back the Wheel"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Carrie Underwood "Takes back the Wheel"

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/our-country/carrie-underwood-supports-gay-marriage-001952640.html

Carrie Underwood, a country singer, an American Idol winner, has declared her christian faith compels her to support gay marriage. She, with her christian husband, attend a nondenominational gay friendly church.

Carrie had a popular song "Jesus take the wheel" which would seem to convey that she wants Jesus to be the "driver"/Lord of her life.

Well with this latest coming out statement she has most definitely taken back the wheel.

Also she has done what so many Christians do,committed Idolatry.

She has created a God and a Jesus to fit her own imagination. Carrie believes in fairy tale Gods and Jesus that only know a love without law or judgements or right and wrong.

Jesus warned about false Christ's.

God has declared,

Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

And for those who cry,'Thats old testament.....

1Co 6:9 ¶ Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,(effeminate means homosexual)

Ro 1:22-28

"Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;"

Carrie is and has been an Idol and Idol worshipper She has rejected Jesus Christ in favor of her own personal Idol Jesus. Not the Jesus of the bible. Her "church" fellowship share in this Idolworship of another Jesus and another God and another Gospel. It is not that of the true God, Governor and just Judge of the Universe.

Another unfortunate in this story is Carries influence amongst teen girls as well as Miley Cyrus.

2012/6/12 6:40

Re: Carrie Underwood "Takes back the Wheel"

It's sad, isnt it. It's very hard to be loved by the world and maintain one's Christian faith.

I must say tho, as I read this I think that you are being a little too judgemental toward Underwood. Not saying that what was said wasnt true, but Underwood is not a church leader... not a Bible teacher... not a theologian. It's one thing to expose a false teacher publicly, but Underwood is a singer who doesnt even sing Christian music. Why bother making all these statements condemning her? I think in this situation it's enough to say where she is wrong Biblically and then call for Christians to pray for her.

I dont see any grace in this post, brother. I doubt that you want someone casting stones at you publicly, correct?

We need to be able to decipher when to publicly rebuke someone, and when not to. Underwood needs correction, no doubt... but I fear you've taken it too far.

Tim Challies, the top Christian blogger today, spoke at a conference I was at last year... and he had a lot to say about blogging, etc. He said that just like preaching, not many are called to blog... yet we have thousands of them. It's why I took mine down.

By the way, I'm not a Carrie Underwood fan. "Jesus Take The Wheel" is the only song by her that I know.

Krispy

PS: I'm NOT saying you shouldnt blog! Just saying that we need to be very very careful when we do.

2012/6/12 8:02
Lysa

East TN for now!

It's a politics (maybe not dems vs rep) but close to the same thing because I was watching an Adele interview after her appearance on saturday night live and the man asked her if she met Sarah Palin since she was on the same night. Adele admitted that she wanted to meet her but all the people that were backstage were gay and one told her that if she wanted her to complete her face she better not let Palin back there and she laughed and said, "I needed my face on!"

But Adele did add when her friend said something negative about Palin that she didn't meet her so she didn't know if Palin was like that or not.

I would deduce from that there is much of the same thing going on all over the famous world.

I don't know if it's as cut and dried as whoever wrote this article makes it out to be; I'd like to talk to Carrie and hear her side of the story too. Because this article or response has pronounced judgment on her and that is God's job.

God bless,
Lisa

2012/6/12 10:25Profile

Re:

Quote:
this article or response has pronounced judgment on her and that is God's job.

Agreed, thats kinda my point.

And yes, homosexuality is rampant in the entertainment industry. Always has been. It's even popped up in the Christian music industry (and industry is exactly what it is too). Two famous Christian singers came out as sodomites in the last 2 years... and if two willingly come out, there are pleny more who have not.

Krispy

2012/6/12 10:49
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Well "the love of money is the root of all evil" I am guessing most of the Hollywood folks love money, probably were the phrase "keeping up with the Jones" originated. I personally will never support "any" same sex marriage, or any homosexual or lesbian relationships. It's sicking at the very least for me to even entertain the thoughts in my mind. I have a new saying today, "The Worlds Gone Crazy" if you don't believe me look around, Pastors/churches supporting gay marriage, you would have never heard of this in the 50's and 60's you might have been hung out back of the Church from the big oak tree. Jesus is watching all this goings on you can bet, and woe to the folks that have let Jesus down,especially the leaders of our sheep, I sure would not be standing outside during a lighting storm. :)

2012/6/12 11:03Profile

Re:

Quote:
you might have been hung out back of the Church from the big oak tree

I cant say that would be a good thing...

While it is a reprehensible vile sin, so were mine in God's eyes.

Krispy

2012/6/12 11:25
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
KrispyKrittr...I cant say that would be a good thing...

While it is a reprehensible vile sin, so were mine in God's eyes.

Krispy

Well I did say "you might" :) It's probably going to take the threat of being hung to straighten out the Church of today, but God's probably just giving them enough rope to hang themselves. We say "Don't Mess With Texas" down here, God is probably saying "Don't Mess With God" up here.

2012/6/12 11:58Profile

Re:

Well to krispy and any others who feel this is to far or judgmental. At this time I can only say this.

I take your remarks seriously and because of the way God has made me I will be thinking about them for weeks, mulling over them relooking at scripture etc.

In regards to the article posted on Yahoo.

The article is pretty plain and not to hard to figure out.

In regards to my post. Concerning the article and Carrie and her husband and her churches stance.

I currently see nothing wrong or overly judgemental of what I wrote.

Also Carrie actually has MORE influence and sway in the world than a church leader, teacher or theologion. She speaks to millions through her music and this article. She know's the power of her opinion along with Myly Cyrus and others in the Yahoo article. According to her she believes this and wants to support it along with her church leaders and others.

She is an Idol,even an "American Idol." No one can argue she is not idolized by millions.

Anyone who says God is just love and we as christians are not to judge anyone has fallen for a false God and Jesus in their mind. A God to suit themselves.

Krispy you mentioned these "sodomites". That language is hate speech and archaic. Judgmental as well.(according to the homosexual movement and all it's supporters.

Would I be labeled "Judgemental" if I said," Based on the Yahoo article Carrie Underwood and Her Husband and her church are Sodomite Supporters" Now the bottom line is they are but I chose different language to express their rebellion against God and their helping make more people twice the son's and daughters of hell.

The tidal wave assualt on the senses of the American people in regards to Gays and gay marriage is going to rise and rise. This is what they have declared. To proclaim it and shout it in your face till you get it that they will transform America.(Read Erwin Lutzers book,"When a Nation Forgets God")

I will reflect as I said before. And after a few weeks when the dust has settled in my mind and I see that I was overboard or whatever. Then I will post on this thread what I see different, but for now I stand by what and how I wrote.

God strengthen us to be faithful to Him for His Glory!
John

2012/6/12 17:44
Trekker

northern USA

What sad news. I have long been a big fan of Carrie Underwood for that song. However, i have never been under any illusions that she was anything more than a NOMINAL Christian, just like all the other rich and famous who call themselves "Christian". She was just raised in another one of those backslidden or apostate churches littered like trash across America. She means well, but she only has a little light and does not know the scriptures i guess. Pray for her and for Mel Gibson and Jane Fonda and Gary Busey--all Hollywood types who CLAIM to be "Christians" but are serious lost and spiritually crippled.

Did you know that Denzel Washington is the son of a Pentacostal minister and CLAIMS to be a "Christian" too?
Perhaps it had been better for him and others if he/they had remained poor and unknown.

2012/6/12 19:20Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

The Bible clearly teaches us to love others. It also clearly teaches that homosexual behavior is sin. It is not love to recognize that a behavior is destructive and cheer it on anyway.The most hateful thing you can do to someone engaged in wrong behavior is support the behavior. Support the person, absolutely. Not the behavior. Jesus is the friend of sinners (sinners like you and me, incidentally, too, as well as those involved in homosexuality). He is not, however, the friend of sin. He paid a grissly price for sin, not so we could embrace sin, but so that sin could be forgiven. The church should absolutely be friendly to people who are involved in any kind of sin. That doesn't mean they should be friendly to the sin.

2012/6/13 11:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy