SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : A CHRISTIAN IS....

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

A CHRISTIAN IS....

A Christian is someone who knows the Lord. Let me repeat that. Christians know the Lord. Actually know Him. Experientially. They know a Person, not a lifestyle. I’m talking about the God of the universe. They know Him.

I will now personalize this, but I am speaking on behalf of everyone who knows the Lord. I don’t “believe” that He exists. I know Him. Personally. I have a living relationship with the Creator. I talk to Him through prayer, and He guides me though His Word and by His Holy Spirit. I have known the Lord since April 25, 1972, at 1:30 in the morning.

Perhaps I’m not making myself clear, so I will try an analogy. It’s like actually knowing someone. Personally. It’s like having a friendship with Him—a 24-hour-a-day, 365-days-a-year, intimate relationship. Therefore, it is self-evident that I can’t live for a month being open to not knowing Him. All the so-called “mistakes” in the Bible can’t change that fact. All the hypocrisy committed by religious people in the past can’t change it. All the atheists on God’s earth saying that He doesn’t exist doesn’t change it in the slightest. Darwin’s theory can’t change it. The storms of this life can’t change it. If I get cancer and die a horrible death, it doesn’t change the fact that I know the Lord. I not only know Him, but I love Him. I love Him with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength. He is my life. He’s my joy, my Creator, my Savior, my Lord, and my God.

Hosea 2:20 I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness, And you shall know the Lord.

By Ray Comfort The Daily Evidence

2012/6/12 5:42

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy