SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Doctrianity

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
proudpapa

Doctrianity

I know of 5 different Local Pastors who have left there wives for other women in there congragations, One of them Built a new Church within view of His Old Church that He was ran out of. My Father-in-Law Was ran out of our Church and now attends a Southern Baptist Church with in a Mile from our Church in Which He once Pastored, He goes there with His new Live in Girlfriend and as far as I know no one at that church Has confronted Him about it. I know of Christians that appeared great on the Outside but Latter have been Locked away for molesting there own Children, It seems that most of these men and I know My father-in-law for sure, some how are of the thinking that because they intelectualy believe Jesus Died for there sins, That they are saved.

David Bercot Author of, the kingdom that turned the world upside down and In God we don't trust Also has Written the Book, Will The Theolgians Please set Down

Who has read it and what are your thoughts??

2012/6/11 23:05Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re: Doctrianity

QUOTE: "It seems that most of these men and I know My father-in-law for sure, some how are of the thinking that because they intelectualy believe Jesus Died for there sins, That they are saved."==PROUDPAPA

No that is not necessarily true, for it is written, "Even the devils believe and tremble." They believe Jesus is the Son of God, and they know what he did on the cross by now.

And, "You shall know them by their fruits".

Some people have believed only part of the Gospel. The WHOLE Gospel is, "REPENT and believe..."When you truly believe, it causes you to take some action, not just continue on your way the same way you were originally going.

Like you, i also know of a pastor (Pentacostal) who had an affair with a member of his congregation, left his wife for her, and then went on attending church somewhere else. This man always did have a hard countenance however, and the hardness of his countenance always made me doubt he was truly a Christian. In some cases it may also be that the pastor IS genuinely born again but is married to an Unbeliever who has been playing church all this time and after many years of not agreeing or not getting along the man feels he can no longer bear it anymore. So i am loath to pass a sweeping judgment, for i know that marriage is HARD, although i have never been married.

2012/6/13 2:36Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy