SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Help: That the word of God is indeed the word of God. ..

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

ET101, You are right to have faith in the scriptures as being complete. To defend it is to simply proclaim it.

Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom;

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Jer 23:29 Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

and

1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

God Almighty knew that our primary means of communication would be speech and written word. So of course He would preserve HIS WORD as a testimony to all mankind!

2012/6/10 9:42
lindi1208

Re: Help: That the word of God is indeed the word of God. ..

Hi ET101

Hi sorry for my earlier reply I completely misunderstood your post please forgive me. I thought you were questioning if God's word is really God's word. I believe you are asking for wisdom on how to prove the Word of God is indeed the Word of God to those who may not be enlightened is this correct ?: )

Love in Christ Jesus

2012/6/10 9:53Profile
ET101

Re:

That's ok, Lindi1208. Yes, that's correct, and I'm one of those who feels I am not sufficiently enlightened. Here is my position better-put: I hold wholey that the word of God written is in fact the word of God. But if you ask me 'why?,' then I begin to give you unconvincing answers about faith, about a council selecting them because they were widely known to be God's word, about 2Tim 3:16. . .and finally, I don't convince even myself.

Paul, thank you. I'm very encouraged by your post. That is my overall leaning too.

You see, Blayne, I think you're right on the point. I think what I'm trying to do with this post is make sure that I am not a mindless fundamentalist with the word. I believe it and my life is being shaped by it - there is no question of that. The thing is, I don't have a satisfyingly solid-enough intellectual underpinning for why these sixty-six books should constitute the done-and-said-for written word of God.

Going back to Paul's and openairboy's comments, I think ultimately I can come to terms with the intellectual reasonings but in the end, it's a spiritual matter. I hvae to take a spiritual approach to it. Otherwise, as Paul put it, I'll fall into a spiral of 'flesh-on-flesh' combat: ie. using carnal means to try and disect a spiritual matter. I think in here is also a sense for why the arguments ultimately become circular.

Yes, I did watch the Ludy sermon and I marvel at his strong convinction and that's exactly the positon I want to come to. Hence, the post. .. but I think more now that it wont come necessarily from having all my intellectual arguments lined-up.

Jesus-is-God: I'll read the Torrey article. I think it will help me along a lot. Thank you.

2012/6/10 10:05Profile
Blayne

Re:

Darn! ET101
I was editing the previous Post of mine when you replied.
After it was Posted I felt an urgent need to review and correct it. I'm sorry.

2012/6/10 10:17Profile
ET101

Re:

Darn! :-)

Not to worry, whatsover. I feel very understood :-)

Thanks.

2012/6/11 0:16Profile
proudpapa

Re: ET101

hellow ET101, I would highly recommend a book by eta linnemann an ex student of Rudolf Bultmann

eta linnemann
Historical Criticism of the Bible: Methodology or Ideology

2012/6/11 0:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy